SAU Community

Any One Using Garrett Gtrs Turbo?

W0rp3D

good thread

hijack sorry, where did you guys source your hks gtrs's from. i'm in sydney and need to purchase one asap. was hoping to get the complete kit for under $2600, am i dreaming?. i know nengun do it for $2550 but that's waiting up to a month >_<

I got mine through nengun, only took 2.5 weeks to get here so i was lucky.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

See attached link of .64 2871R on stock bottom SR20 with 400whp. OK so its a 56 trim and it was on a dynojet with extrude honed stock exhaust manifold and exhaust housing.

http://forums.freshalloy.com/showthread.ph...ight=JWT+S3%27s

Ah your in the US. Those dyno jet things read up a bit on what we see here.

Which is right? Who knows, only used for comparo anyhow... but yeah.

Its a bit higher than what we 'see' here on our brands so that evens out with everyone else's results (in aust) of around 270-280rwkw at a peak.

Good result either way.

Ignition DVD volume 1 i think it was. Gold R33 GTST with a HKS GTRS kit,

I knew you'd say that car hehe. Its the only one thats produced the mystical number >_<

I dont think VCT poses a power restricton.

warlords graph would be the pick hands down either way. That stonking power early would make it very tidy to drive

The cam option will cost you $1000 no more to pay.

The nos option will probably cost close to that (installed and tuned) plus how much for refills, and as life dictates, it will be empty when ever you really want to use it >_<

Can you send me that link as well, would like to have a look.

pm sent ....nos is $2000 tuned fitted ,refilled and supplied with 75hp pr 56kw

Edited by WARLORD

I knew you'd say that car hehe. Its the only one thats produced the mystical number :D

I dont think VCT poses a power restricton.

warlords graph would be the pick hands down either way. That stonking power early would make it very tidy to drive

Ahhh so you knew about a 300kw GTRS equipped car, trying to hold back the truth ay >_<

But yeah i know what you mean, above something like 270kw its a mission to get the numbers out of it but i still think with a bit of mucking around it isn't as hard as it seems, ill try to continue this magical test of 300 out of the GTRS :D

Yeah im really impressed by warlords graph, if i had that power i would be very happy indeed.

Ah your in the US. Those dyno jet things read up a bit on what we see here.

Which is right? Who knows, only used for comparo anyhow... but yeah.

Its a bit higher than what we 'see' here on our brands so that evens out with everyone else's results (in aust) of around 270-280rwkw at a peak.

Good result either way.

Actually, I'm in Perth WA but frequent the US forums for info. Yeah dyojets probably read 10 - 15% higher than our Dynamics. That said I've also seen by brothers SS Commodore car read 500 rwhp on a dynamics in Sydney and 450 back here in Perth. So obviously calibration differences btw dyno's of the same ilk.

• 2 weeks later...
The results will be much the same as the HKS item mate.

Might be a minor variation, but for all intents and purposes its near enough

so why is it that everyone calls it the same thing, yet everyone i talk to says the 2871r will only put out roughly 240rwkw, yet the gt-rs is able to pull >270rwkw. i've searched and searched, sent PM's but i still don't get it :banana: