SAU Community

My Boot Wont Open!

Alex_r33s2gts25t

Hey i got a question for yas:

Other night was out nd about, anyway, i was pulling the lever to open my boot from inside the car and it did, and my friend went around behind my car (r33 gtst) to close it but i pulled the lever as he did... now the lever wont release the lock... and the key wont turn to the left to open my freakin boot?!?! lol im locked out of my own boot.

How do i go about fixing this??

cheers

alex

That sux. The "valet switch" in the boot, disables the in cabin releaseing of it. If you;ve tripped this, ur in a world of hurt. R33's i think have an access panel behind the rear seat. No such luck with my R32... i had to drill the lock out >_<

Edited by GeeTR

GeeTR you probably don't want to know this, but if you remove the upper rear seat there is a huge removable panel held on by bolts.

either way, if you turn on the valet switch you can still open the boot with the key. so if key's not working something's stuffed in the lock. maybe try a little talc powder and move the key around a bit, something might be caught in the latch

Just remembered- sometimes there are 2 keys, 1 works IGN and boot, the other only works IGN. You leave the second key with the car when you leave it somewhere (mechanic, etc), and, with the valet lock, no-one can steal stuff from the boot.

GeeTR you probably don't want to know this

:P:(

Im tieing a noose and freezing a 2foot high piece of ice tooonight!!! :ermm:

I swears i saw nothing their.. maybe *sheepish* my car was umm.. s special model.. yes one with no moveable section.

Khuunt!

Edited by GeeTR