SAU Community

Here It Is! Gt-r Verse The Rest

ausgtr

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks heaps for posting up that viewing pleasure!!

im surprised at the gallardo it is a fair beast and extremely nimble..... as for gtr vs gt3..... :) they are both heavy big 4wd's and im happy that nissan could come up with something to rival porsche from stock.

as for the nsx :( c'mon its n/a and likea 3 litre..... it does realy well for what it is id love to supercharge one!

jenkies :D

thanks heaps for posting up that viewing pleasure!!

im surprised at the gallardo it is a fair beast and extremely nimble..... as for gtr vs gt3..... :rofl: they are both heavy big 4wd's and im happy that nissan could come up with something to rival porsche from stock.

as for the nsx :) c'mon its n/a and likea 3 litre..... it does realy well for what it is id love to supercharge one!

jenkies :ermm:

The GT3 isn't 4WD, its RWD and only around 1400Kgs from memory

Those gearchanges on the Lambo looked savage. The GT-R was the star of that race. The fact a stock, first generation GT-R made a hotted up Lamborghini work that hard for a win is such an awesome result. :ermm:

The 911 Turbo was holding up the GT3 something shocking...

Although it is understandable that they wouldn't be pushing those expensive, loaned, lumps of metal to 10/10ths for a friendly race :ermm:

Agreed, and Best Motoring is more race-o-tainment than a really impartial test of performance. But the laptimes and qualifying are pretty good as a reference.

I was disappoint with how the GT3 was held up, it has been my favorite car ever since it came out and I wanted to see how it would do.

Edited by Laurence

fantastic video thanks for the link.

There did seem to be some troubles with the porches as they didn't seem to be as aggressive in the corners as previous racers. Someone made a comment that the driver of the GT3 was complaining of understeer and poor tyres?

It is truely amazing to see a car in the price range of the GTR putting up such a strong fight against lambo's best. This to me brings back memories of the R32 :P more so than anything else about the car! It's great for god to be back.

Been waiting ages for Best Motoring to Do this. Big ups to the GTR putting up such a performance. Will be interesting when they Do it with the V-spec. and the Nismo Tuned Models.

I'm going to shot by a few ppls for saying this, The 35GTR brakes are going to catch fire under normal race conditions from what was in that video.

no you wont get shot. I will by the way thing are going around here...

I second that fo shizzle. :(:)

The thing that in sure many wont agree with is that the GTR was fading fast and that was only after 5 laps although i will admit it was most likely a combination of tyres AND brakes. The cars too heavy.

Had the GT3 not been held up by its slower sister, i think things would have been very different.

The Brakes on the GTR would have to be the achilles heel of the car would they not?

Edited by m3gtr

^ i would think not

can out brake the 911 turbo ceramic brakes, (in normal cast iron form) and in this case, the GTR was up against another ceramic brake packer, the Superleggera.

The V-Spec will surely have ceramic as an option, but definitely better brakes from standard. And with less weight, will be more than up to the task.

A fair fight is Superleggera vs. V-Spec, THEN can you compare brakes, etc...

Judging from that, a GTR would beat a normal Gallardo around a track.

so i disagree, the brakes aren't the weak point IF you compare it fairly against it's realistic competitors. Don't forget the Superleggera has 390kw's at around 1350kg. The standard GTR has less power and more weight!! And NO ceramic brakes. Now put THAT into the context of the final results. 400kg's extra weight (that is just an INSANE weight disadvantage), and ~40kw's less, i think the brakes did as well as you could expect considering it's main rival in that race

Great find! The GTR did well.

The other thing to remember is that this is the 1st generation R35 GTR. The 1st generation Gallardo was a significantly slower car compared to the current generation Gallardo let alone the Superleggera. But you have to test current models and the Gallardo is due for replacement soon.

It will be interesting to see what the Spec V ends up like. Lighter with more power and better brakes... YES PLEASE!!!