SAU Community

Who Ur Best Tuner?

subie

Hi guys/gals

who is ur best tuner from ur experience? anything from remaping ur stock ecu, piggy bag and stand alone computer..

please stated ur set up (ur ecu and ur tuner)?

i'm thinking about getting my stock ecu remap with these mods:

- R34 turbo

- FMIC

- Walbro fuel pump

- 3inch turbo back with hiflow cat

- Manual boost cont (setting @ 13psi)

- Pod filter

will it be ok with remapping stock ecu or need an after market ecu? (i'm not gonna do any more engine mods, that's it!)

Cheers

graham west workshops adelaide!! they are top notch and have a 4wd dyno... rare to find in adelaide!! survice is 100% and they go out of their way to tix the little things withought asking and hardly charging!!!

peace

In sydney JIM from CRD is the only choice...

Adelaide Simon from Morpowa, or Tillbrook.

In QLD... well im yet to find some-one i trust.

Melb Racepace or CREATD and in 3months once my dyno arrives...me... :banana: shameless plug :angry:

If it's a remap then your options are limited straight away as not everyone can do them. Try unigroup at girraween, I've been told they have the nistune/plms gear so can real time tune your stock ecu.

A remap is fine, provided you get the right one. I would only recommend a tuner with real time tuning of the stock ecu, which in nsw seems to be very limited. DrDrift has a different version but unless he has someone full time based in sydney these days i wouldn't bother.

Everyone will offer their 2 cents in these types of threads. Sadly though, (me included) most of us wouldnt know a good tune from a bad tune, and some are too proud to admit that their tune is not perhaps great.

So i would recommend speakign to all the workshops mentioned and satisfying yourself that the people you are using are best for you.

Personally i would only use Quick Fit Motorsport in Hornsby (they looked after my R31 GTSX) or SAS who looked after my mates 200SX which had lots of Nizpro goodies. In both cases the tunes made good power and were reliable. A good tuner will be able to read big picture and only tune your car for what power level will be reliable. SAS can do the std ECU, only they are not cheap. When they were looking at my RB20 with the TD06 (when i lived in NSW) i was looking at about $1200 tuned