SAU Community

Blood Sweat & Gears - New Program On Fox8

D_I_F

Has anyone seen the ads for the new program called blood sweat & gears?

It's an Australian show about real racing and has Ian Luff in it.

I only just saw the previews on fox 8..

Discuss..

Saw parts of the first episode on friday night - lots of heavily worked cars doing a skidpan day basically. Some technical overviews of cars and stuff. Had a worked S6 RX7, the queen street modded Fezza 360 (the one in auto salon i think), a modded 351GT, plus various other jap imports. I couldnt hear what they were saying about the cars, but it looked like a great show visually!! Better than ignition IMO because they had proper action shots (sorry in advance to the ignition fanboi's)

Well that's what I was thinking. It didn't look like your typical show off program. Especially if Luffy was yelling out his normal stuff. Which I had always found funny.. I remember one of the things he yelled out to me once was, "what the f**k are you doing making a cup of coffee on the dashboard". Ahh good times..

the guy with the rx7 is on here im pretty sure i was reading stuff on him in the south aus section.

That Dom guy?? Seemed pretty cool on the show... better than the other rednecks and bogons

saw the end of the episode, was on yesterday actually about 3pm.

luffy did his usual thing where he makes you feel like a mouse so you dont do stupid things the next time lol. he owned the lot of them. basically they couldnt handle a bit of motorkhana it was realy interesting to watch them suck so bad. rx7 drove it quite well, but they made a big thing of how puncy he drove? its called "cornering"

i think the show has a lot of great potential, but i never know when things are on so hope i stumble over it again. thumbs up. not much tech about the cars tho, despite the silvia blowing driveshafts

Maybe they should get some drivers and cars made up for that sort of thing? Instead of getting the biggest HP cars and drivers who love to do burnouts and silly stuff.

Dom was the only person who actually gave it a go and then he gets put down by the other guys. I don't know about them but staying in control is a lot more fun then losing it every time you turn a corner and accelerate.

And the car representing us is a 200 ..... should be a skyline... maybe the z tune could represent us

The 3rd episode was on Friday nite at 8pm (as it is every week). The show had massive potential, until Ian Luff was made the head honcho because he praises everyone through the event cheering and saying how brilliant their cars are but then smacks them down at the end saying they are pathetic and car can't handle and has too much power yadda yadda.

The show is only 30mins long, the first 10mins is introducing each driver and car every single week, then it's about 15mins of the actual event which they don't show you each car performing just snippets of each car doing burnouts or the drivers talking etc then the lat 5mins is Ian Luff pulling himself off to an audience.

Dom (RX-7) is the only driver taking it seriously and the most genuine guy, all the other v8 drivers just want to do smoke shows and the Ferrari driver is too busy infront of the mirror making himself look pretty. Andrew in the 200SX spends more time in the workshop than the track and at best will finish the show in last position.

You can download each episode in low quality avi from ns.com

Unfortunately that doesnt make for exciting TV... People want to see cars sliding and burning rubber. A motorkhana looks relatively boring without all that :)

Last time I watched any motor racing it didn't involve sliding or burning rubber except drifting... :)

I know I'd enjoy it a little more if I saw more cars and drivers like Dom who actually push their car in the way they ask not in the form of a huge burnout.

Yeah but unfortunately for us adrian, you and I arent the normal target audience!!

Well I can pick who they are trying to target with those big HP V8 beasts... and they are especially trying to put us poor imports down by adding that broken 200SX :)