SAU Community

Just Car Insurance How Good Is It?

Tamrb26

They covered fibre glass on mine, sometimes you may need to get the panel shop to make up false dockets for you (most panel shops will as long as they get paid they don't care). Just car are quite expensive but are usually the only people that will cover anyone sub 23yrs old. As soon as someone gets over 23 you'd be nuts to not at least shop around.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes this is true you can get a quote 'altered' although when they send photo's of the damage to the insurer or they send out an assesor to inspect the car it does become very hard to get around it.

As soon as im 25 i will be changing to shannons.

Had a fiberglass bonnet come up un my GTR and they would not cover a new bonnet they would only pay for the damage caused by it and i did have it on my policy..

Cheers

Sorry forgot to add R34 GTR 23years old my premium is $1200 rating one..

By the time i added

$400 standard excess

$1000 vehicle excess

$600 age excess

And had to buy a bonnet as it was not covered it was cheaper not to use the insurance anyways.

No faults found yet with Just Cars. H2P was quite expensive comparitively. A word of advice, with high excesses you may aswell write the car off.

Edited by Shazza24

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
what if you mod along the way, can you let them know and add it to the policy ?

It's advisable to do that. You can ask them that firstly as a hypothetical question.

Then if they say "YES", at least the mods are covered. If you don't ask, the mods are not covered.

Cost? I upgraded the mods list on my car recently by $2200 and I only have to pay $12 extra per year in premium.

But that was with a different insurance company.

So long as you tell Just Car, Shannons, Famous or Guild Insurance about those mods + and so long as they aren't responsible for an 'at fault' crash, you are still covered.

Guild Insurance?

If you are part of a business, medical practice, dental practice, physiotherapy practice or pharmacy, they will cover Skylines.

And guess what?

Premium with Just Car used to be $2068 on maximum 'no claim bonus' for my R33 GT-R & insured for $27K with $600 excess.

Premium with Guild Insurance has dropped to $870 for 'agreed value' again, insured for $25K with $500 excess.

I just switched!!! ;)

this post got my attention - but i dont think i qualify with guild as i have no association with a business :down:

shannons insurance for me increased from 1600 to 3300 as im upgrading my gtr, what a joke!

• 4 months later...

sorry for dig up the old thread, has anyone had claim with justcar, how long they normally take? one of my mate with AAMI, he had a write-off, took 4 weeks to paid him out! altho normal repair takes about few days

Dude dont get me started justcarsucks

They took 2 months to fix my car and they didn't fix the turbo after the accident and tried to say that the turbo wasn't damaged in the accident I had to fight them for it and that rook a year and I got nowhere as I couldn't prove that te turbo was fine bedew the accident. R33 87000kms never boosted past stock

I hate them but can't find another insurer so im stick using them

Guild Insurance?

If you are part of a business, medical practice, dental practice, physiotherapy practice or pharmacy, they will cover Skylines.

And guess what?

Premium with Just Car used to be $2068 on maximum 'no claim bonus' for my R33 GT-R & insured for $27K with $600 excess.

Premium with Guild Insurance has dropped to $870 for 'agreed value' again, insured for $25K with $500 excess.

I just switched!!! :(

This has got my attention & got me thinking.

Since my mum is a Doctor & is part of some medical organization would it work if I changed my car's ownership to her name & then got insurance with Guild insurance & list me as the primary driver?

Currently paying ~$1100 (thats with AD-Adjust) for my R33 (rating 3 with perfect driving record).