SAU Community

What Injectors Are You Using On Your Rb20det

I was aiming a bit higher than 200rwkw..

Am running Denso 550cc's, came with matching plugs that needed soldering to the loom and also needed a couple of copper washers to chock the injectors up so they didn't pop out of the manifold.

I was aiming a bit higher than 200rwkw..

Am running Denso 550cc's, came with matching plugs that needed soldering to the loom and also needed a couple of copper washers to chock the injectors up so they didn't pop out of the manifold.

Ive got the same injectors.

Question Bubba: why did you use the washers? Theres no where for the injectors to go, unless you change your fuel rail????

Ive got the same injectors.

Question Bubba: why did you use the washers? Theres no where for the injectors to go, unless you change your fuel rail????

My tuner said it's a common problem with the older Denso made injectors (SARD etc), used ~2mm of copper washers around the neck of the injector (I think the rail end but i'll check when it's not nearly 40deg outside :/). Basically the injectors kept popping out of the manifold slightly when it came on boost (ergo leaking fuel), the washers just take up the slack and hold the injectors tight into the manifold. I guess this means they're a couple of mm too short..

My tuner said it's a common problem with the older Denso made injectors (SARD etc), used ~2mm of copper washers around the neck of the injector (I think the rail end but i'll check when it's not nearly 40deg outside :P). Basically the injectors kept popping out of the manifold slightly when it came on boost (ergo leaking fuel), the washers just take up the slack and hold the injectors tight into the manifold. I guess this means they're a couple of mm too short..

Cheers bloke. Ill keep an eye out on them and put some washers in if need be. What material did you use, just copper washers?

Common upgrade would be GTR 440cc injectors...the will fit with abit of trimming on the connector and you will need a resistor pack from a GTR too...they would support numbers around the 250-270kw range comfotably...maybe abit more...

Wheezy: just copper washers from the box of assorted copper washers :cool:

limpus: I didn't want to screw around with resistors or ballast pack so bought brand now high impedance items.

alltheway: yes you DEFINATELY need a tune if changing injectors. I'm running my RB30 with 550cc injectors and z32 afm on a remapped rb20 ecu.

Common upgrade would be GTR 440cc injectors...the will fit with abit of trimming on the connector and you will need a resistor pack from a GTR too...they would support numbers around the 250-270kw range comfotably...maybe abit more...

Ive made just over 300rwkw using 440cc gtr injectors on my 20, they clip straight into the original harness and rail, and as its been said if your using the std 32 computer you'll need to get a resistor pack wired into the injector harness

Ive made just over 300rwkw using 440cc gtr injectors on my 20, they clip straight into the original harness and rail, and as its been said if your using the std 32 computer you'll need to get a resistor pack wired into the injector harness

Nice numbers...i only said 250-270kw as a rough guide but its good to see they can be pushed so far...are you sure they clip straight on though? because i had to trim the keyways off the injector to get the connectors on...i believe many others here have done it too...resistor pack was needed as well....

Edited by limpus

I would have thought std Rb20 injectors would do the job, im currently making 215RWKW (not that it means a great deal as all dynos are different) but many people have made 200RWKW and over with std injectors without maxing them out

I would have thought std Rb20 injectors would do the job, im currently making 215RWKW (not that it means a great deal as all dynos are different) but many people have made 200RWKW and over with std injectors without maxing them out

are you sure...my dyno guy told me my injectors will max out at bout 170rwkw

Nice numbers...i only said 250-270kw as a rough guide but its good to see they can be pushed so far...are you sure they clip straight on though? because i had to trim the keyways off the injector to get the connectors on...i believe many others here have done it too...resistor pack was needed as well....

actually i could be wrong about the clips, my car came with them already installed, but trimming the keyway is no biggie :banana:

Can anyone confirm you dont need a resistor pack if you have a safc, just by turning the settings into the minus lowers the ohms reading therefore running gtr injectors without resistor pack.

Confirmation?

Pretty sure you still need the resistor pack if you have a safc.

If you are only chasing 200rwkw then i'd stick with the standard injectors and maybe bolt on a nismo fpr.

My Rb20 made 202rwkw with standard injectors on 16psi. But then again dyno's are different.

raZ1911 - yes a bad thing.

The computer will be firing the injectors at the same pulse width for all the injectors, so two larger injectors are going to let more fuel through in the same amount of time.

If there were such an ECU that could control individual injector pulse width - (MOTEC maybe?) tuning the thing would be a nightmare - you would want to be monitoring Air/Fuel ratios out of each individual cylinder to ensure everything was good.