SAU Community

Rb26 Head, Ferrea Valves,springs Retainers With 280deg 11.8mm Cams Complete

Due to an upgrade to a different setup i have for sale a RB26 head that was ported and assembled by trick flow heads having nothing spared, port work includes inlet and exhaust work and polished chambers.

Head comes complete with 1mm oversize ferrea valves both inlet and exhaust, springs and retainers and 280 deg 11.8mm lift cams. It has been modified for a oil return back to the block from the back of the head in dash 10 braided line and has been used on my own engine which made 727hp at wheels on 28psi and with only 266deg cams.

This head was done about 2000kms ago and has been fitted with new guides and stem seals.

It will suit someone looking to make big power and who doesnt want the expense of getting it done brand new.

This head cost over $7000 to do so am asking $3500 complete.

The head is still on the car and will be pulled this weekend so anyone wanting pics will have to wait till then.

Can see in person or if you want to see it run then give me a call and i will arrange it.

Will not seperate this item so do not ask price is $3500 this is very cheap seing as a bare head will cost you $1000 at least and thats before you spend another thousand on guides, seals and servicing

Contact me on 0422214621 or pm me

That was same head but different cams, the head will make more power with these cams as that is what it is setup for. The reason i am selling is i have sent a head overseas to be cnc'd and am going to start fresh with the new head as its easier than selling a bare head on its own

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Julian both you and i know you sold this head knowing full well it had issues...in a nutshell it was rooted! You have even said so to other well trusted members of this forum at last years Summernats.

The port job is crap, the guides were not new...simply knurled stockers, the valves had too much ground off the tips and the thick 'custom' shims used on 3 of the exhaust valves were chamfered to stop them riding on the retainers, this didn't work as the retainers are badly marked from contact. The only reason you wanted to keep the cams is they were the only thing worth saving. If this head was set-up for these cams why did you want to separate them?

Id advise you to contact Simon and discuss it before he contacts you.

Please post your new mobile number so this problem can be resolved.

Thank you

Edited by DiRTgarage

This head was not assembled by me but by pro engines.

The head did make that power and had ferrea valves, performance springs and ferrea retainers.

I did not know what shims it had as i did not assemble it.

As for the guides they were brand new stock ones as i said to simon and i know this as i supplied them to greg at pro engines.

As stated to simon any problems to contact me.

I have changed my number and the new one is 0431318930.

Simon has contacted me since purchasing this about 30 times and i have always answered his questions.

The last time i spoke to Simon he had it checked by his builder and the only thing they found was that the port work was small on the inlet and it needed further work(nothing about all the other things)It has been 7mths since he purchased it so why so long to find all this.

I can't vouch for the head assy but there was a problem with the springs and they were replaced with performance springs.

The reason for sale was that i started brand new with a totally different setup not because it was faulty.

I can only take this up with greg as to why this work was done like that and see if he will fix his mistakes.

This head was not assembled by me but by pro engines.

The head did make that power and had ferrea valves, performance springs and ferrea retainers.

I did not know what shims it had as i did not assemble it.

As for the guides they were brand new stock ones as i said to simon and i know this as i supplied them to greg at pro engines.

As stated to simon any problems to contact me.

I have changed my number and the new one is 0431318930.

Simon has contacted me since purchasing this about 30 times and i have always answered his questions.

The last time i spoke to Simon he had it checked by his builder and the only thing they found was that the port work was small on the inlet and it needed further work(nothing about all the other things)It has been 7mths since he purchased it so why so long to find all this.

I can't vouch for the head assy but there was a problem with the springs and they were replaced with performance springs.

The reason for sale was that i started brand new with a totally different setup not because it was faulty.

I can only take this up with greg as to why this work was done like that and see if he will fix his mistakes.

Thanks for the prompt reply...

The guides have been knurled...you would not knurl brand new guides...id be approaching Greg to find out what he has done with your new guides as they are not in this head.

In your 1st post you state "the head was ported and assembled by Trick Flow heads" this is now not the case. OK

Ill leave it to you guys to sort out this mess.

Thanks again Julian

Paul

UPDATE

Julian has been more than helpful and has agreed to buy back the head after we sort all the issues with it out (as i don't want it to be onsold to anyone until im confident its a good thing) and take it up with Greg at Pro Engines.

Thanks Julian top stuff mate.

Edited by DiRTgarage

• 2 years later...