SAU Community

Microtech R33 Plug&Play

turbogtst,

Thanks for the clarification.

One thing I hate on these forums is when people make aggressive statements or denegrade something when they have no data or experience with the issue.

Your system sounds like it works for you so that's good. Don't bag other systems outright.

BTW, I have spoken to many tuners and they are quite happy with the overall performance of the Microtech.

You are correct though re load points but they are actually working on the update.... one reason for my choice.

Freebaggin.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest turbogtst

It is a pity DOM does not spend a bit more time on developing the software it has the potential to be as good as a power fc, but also the afm setup is a lot more accurate than the map sensor.

I installed the r32 ecu in my car, the mods for vct are only a pic chip and a transistor to switch the solonoid on and off.

I do all the remapping myself as I have a eprom programmer, romeditor software and a uego afr meter to get the mixtures right

Cost to modify an r32 gtst computer complete with vct and remapped chip would be about $150

The standard map on the r33 ecu is ****ful just by changing the ecu to the r32 makes an incredible difference that is why when people put Microtechs on they make such a huge difference

If the Microtech ever gets any more load points and closed loop then I might consider trying another one

How True Clint.

Especially for the R33's around here that can't afford or refuse to pay 2k+ for an ecu and then have to worry about being defected.

I had the police go over my stock looking R32 this morning at 5:50am in the morning. No way I would want to pop the bonnet and let that arse hole see no afm and a big pod filter sitting there.

This Cop wasn't as stupid as he looked.

Maybe they are being brought up to date on whats stock and whats not on these Import cars.

Yes I think there learning, I got pulled over last year in my old vl turbo and before I lifted the bonnet he asked, got a blow off valve venting to atmo, a pod filter or a switch in the cabin for hi/lo boost? Well I had all 3 didn't I, hello canary.

No I don't think it would be, he mainly got me for the rampod which the roadworthy shop said is crap anyway as there were no emission hoses coming off the factory airbox anyway, so whether your filter is flat or round what's the difference? I made up an aluminium box to surround it anyway for next time. He even passed my blow off valve as it was a plumb-back with only a small opening to atmo.

Well back to the topic.. and for those who are interested.

In the latest HPI they give some further reading into this.They do

mention abit about the pro's and cons of the microtech vs the

Power FC eg injectors.. Pity theres no indepth info.

Freebagin and Whatisname... is that your Sky in the pic?

Guest INASNT
Originally posted by XrSiSt

Well back to the topic.. and for those who are interested.  

In the latest HPI they give some further reading into this.They do  

mention abit about the pro's and cons of the microtech vs the

Power FC eg injectors.. Pity theres no indepth info.

Freebagin and Whatisname... is that your Sky in the pic?

The HPI magazine doesent even show dyno graphs or mention power gains!! they r very biased coz microtech are a sponsor or sumthing

INAST,

If anything HPI (Martin Donnan) is biased towards Power FC in all many of the previous issues and articles and it gets a bit monotinous. It's as if nothing else will work on an R33 or a Scourer.

xrsist,

The engine bay is Whatsisname's and the inlet pipe is mine.

BTW, my car is also in the HPI story featuring the testing of standard intercooler vs the 3" thick RPM B&P intercooler.

Freebaggin.

Did you get the same core as my self with the 60mm inlet and outlets? Apparently flows 580HP with 1.5psi pressure drop.

I wonder who makes the core.. Might have to ask Tim unless you know :)

I had a look inside one of the cores and all of the welding was extremly clean, with no extra little slag bits laying around.

Originally posted by Freebaggin

The engine bay is Whatsisname's and the inlet pipe is mine.  

BTW, my car is also in the HPI story featuring the testing of standard intercooler vs the 3" thick RPM B&P intercooler.

Xrsist / Lachlan (Freebaggin)

In an earlier HPI (last issue maybe?) they did a little feature on the LT12, the engine bay shot in that feature was mine, & the RPM designed inlet photo was Freebaggin's. In the lastest HPI (No24) full LT12 write-up the black car is Freebaggin's, with a small background shot of mine :D

I just noticed Lachlan, Tim even colour matched our LT12's to our cars! :lol: Black ECU for your black car & a blue ECU to match my blue engine detailing :D

Originally posted by Freebaggin

*Load and set point number only marginally better 20/20 I think compared 16/16.

"Marginally better"?!?!?!?! Are you kidding me?

Do you realise that a 20/20 Map has 400 load points, and a 16/16 Map had 256 load points?

That is close to double the tuning resolution. This is reason enough for me not to even bother looking twice at the Microtech, despite it's ability to run MAP sensor, which is one thing I wish my PFC could do.

I'll wait for the new PFC Pro that can run MAP thank you very much. :uh-huh:

Guys,

I only just got the latest HPI and now I know what everyone's talking about!

Joel,

I know that Tim used to use Spearco cores but now uses a different supplier (not sure who) in which the cores have a more dense pakcing of the plates/fins. So he seems keen on cooling rather than outright pressure drop.

Whatsisname,

Tim is such a considerate chap to do the colour matching, I'm sure he meant it.

Also we do need to catch up mate (maybe tomorrow night at the cruise?) and hook up my controller to your beast, I'd like to see your minimum injector pulse width since you have a higher fuel presssure that me. It's interesting that Martin suggests the Microtech might have issues with big injectors and he might be right but I questioned Tim about minimum injector pulse widths and it can go down alot more that mine minimum (0.95ms) to give good idle quality and fuel consumption. How it compares to Power FCs/Haltechs etc would be interesting to know.