SAU Community

Post Tune

SkyDragon

Well I finally went and got a tune on my S2 33 gtst which had some decent stage 1 mods done to it. I ended up choosing a Wolf v500. Car has...

HKSGT2530

HKS FMIC

3" Turbo back exhaust

Hi flo cat

Fuel pump

Pod filter

Custom air intake

Car made 307rwhp before tune. Was boosting to 0.8 bar and running rich.

After the Wolf V500 was added to the car and dyno tuned (on same dyno, same tuner) it made the same 307rwhp boosting to 1 bar. The car also uses more fuel, has bad cold starts and has a dirty black carbon mark around the exhaust (after the tune) which i have had trouble removing.

In summary I have spent $3k on new ECU and tune for no gain in hp, worse starting, worse fuel economy, weakened engine and turbo (boosting higher) and not to mention the carbon stain on the rear bumber.

Should i be p*ssed considering there was no change? Or just realise that's the life of tuning cars?

Cheers.

DOH! its sounds like a bad tuner situation. take it back and get it sorted. to be honest though cold start can sometimes be a bitch if your stuck for time... ie not able to have car for a dead cold start.

Yes tuner has been paid.

The car had some custom jap piggyback unit in it before the tune. I think this was doing as good job as the wolf. Well now i know - $3k later!

The hp I have is the most a 2530 can handle anyway. I would need another exhaust manifold and larger turbo to go further. As stated by the tuner. I think he mis interpreted what turbo I had (he thought it was a 2540), thinking i would have 350rwhp.

Anyway I will continue to monitor the fuel. Any chance of how to remove the black mark from my bumper? Should I ask them to do it?

What you will find with the 2530 is that it will not make any more peak power but your torque and midrange will be huge the more boost you put into it.

I had the same experience with the 2535, it made no more peak power but on 18 - 19psi it was twice as quick as at 14psi

Silva33, Yes thats what the tuner said, and i think you are correct - I have gained torque and midrange. Will post before and after to verify. For those who have jumped to conclusions saying i have been "ripped" a 2530 will not make any more power than 300~hp.

Guilt-Toy, the car was broke it was running far too rich without this tune. Its just a bit dis-heartening I guess to spend $$ for no hp gain. My engine hardware is running at capacity.

you said it runs even richer now..

so how are you not ripped off?

same power, on more boost.

worse economy

worse cold starts.

worse tune with more shit on your rear bar.

tell me how you didn't get ripped off and waste $3K.

you would have gotter better tune with an SAFC on top of your piggyback thingy you had, by just cleaning up the RICHNESS you are complaining about.