SAU Community

V35 Parts List (common Failure/modded Parts)

thought this would be a good idea :D

if you have a part number for a commonly failing/modded part list it below.

(I'll update this post to reflect it - saves digging.)

Part number ------------- Part -------- Desc.

80501-AM80A -> left side door catch assembly - coupe. includes cables and door lock actuator.

80500-AM81A -> right side door catch assembly - coupe. includes cables and door lock actuator.

80731-CD00A ->Passenger side (LHS) window motor + regulator- coupe

B61F0-AL500 -> Clear front indicator lenses for Sedan

H0564-C9922 -> Master key blank:note that this is the key with lock/unlock button in handle, no boot release on key

Edited by Chris Rogers

passenger side (LHS) window motor + regulator

part no: 80731-CD00A

this needs to be changed if your window is intermittantly not working and the door needs to be tapped or closed hard in order for the window to work

when you change the motor, you have to re-set the window motor so it knows where the top is:

- take the door trim off

- close the door and sit inside the car (the door needs to be closed as there is a sensor)

- peel back the black sticker almost right in the middle of the door to reveal the reset button

- close the window completely

- press and hold the button

- open the window manually (using the first click not the second click)

- when the window has fully opened release the switch then release the button

- check that the auto-up now works!

this re-set procedure is also useful if your window has the issue of winding half-way down after it hits the top

cheers,

Warren

Door Lock actuators for V35 Coupe:

I have just recieved today from Japan the lock actuators. It seems like Nissan has changed the design somewhat - it's not apparent from the outside and created new part numbers. Here is the verbatim text from my contact in Japan:

> Parts number has been changed.

> V35 Nissan Skyline

> 80500-AM813 -> 80500-AM81A

> 80501-AM813 -> 80501-AM81A

He confirmed the initial part numbers from my VIN and the revised numbers are exactly what Nissan NZ had told me - they wanted over twice the cost I paid though.. I've fitted the RHS one and I'm sorry but this late at night I cant tell which is the left or right - you should order both anyway! I'll create a seperate thread with contact details for the Japanese guy - he was really good to deal with.

Hope this helps someone....

most car might have flat / dead battery from sitting in the docks for too long.

Found a good replacement Century Battery NS60LS

Blue colour has flat top (no yellow cover sticking out) and has 2 terminal sizes, use the small ones and keep the rubber cover on the large terminals on.

Dimension lengthxwidth (23cmx13cm) very similar to the old battery except it is 1cm shorter (18cm only), so you'll have to screw down the bracket holder tighter until it reaches the lower battery height and keep it down. Alternatively put a 1cm thick spacer under the battery either a solid hardwood or hard rubber to get the battery to the correct height.

About 400 CCA (Cold Crank Amps), cost $159 at Autobarn or $144 with Century promo of $15 cash back for trading in any of your old battery (they'll recycle it). It's probably cost less if I look harder but what the heck, it's Labour Day holiday and I can't be bother driving around town to find cheapest price, just wanted to get it done.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this counts as a commonly failing part, but it seems to be a common mod:

- Clear front indicator lenses for Sedan: B61F0-AL500

Again not really a failure part but if your (2001 - mid 2003 I think?) car arrives from Japan with only 1 key:

- Master key blank: H0564-C9922, note that this is the key with lock/unlock button in handle, no boot release on key. So I think this only applies to the pre-facelift 2001 - mid 2003 models only with the 'doggy door' boot (the ones which have the boot open button on the boot itself)

somewhat off-topic so please delete if inappropriate: are 350gt reliable/quality-built/made of quality parts?

It seems it has many common parts that fail. and replacing those parts won't be as easy and cheap as it probably needs to be imported from japan.

thank you

not to be rude - part numbers only please. I'm tryting to make a list of parts that break/wearout out are modded easily.

bear in mind some of these cars are 6-7 yrs old now and some things do break over time.