SAU Community

Upgrading Rims

Anna34

I have the stocky R34 rims... they look soooo small on the car lol

So i want to upgrade them. They are sitting at 15inches... should i upgrade to

17s or 18s?? I cant decide on the style either..

gosh im so picky... lol

And my R34 is white... so yeah.... shouldnt be too hard to pick rims right?? lol

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehehe oooh... that might help aye lol

shhhhhhh im still a newbie at this....

well im looking between $1500-$2000....

if i can find something cheaper that looks good.. then its even better!

But yeah...

Im shopping around

As stated previously, definately 18's.

I have 18's on my white 34, with dish!, and now I want 19's, looks too small with my kit.

Check out the R34 pics in the Photography section, will give you a good idea of what other forum members have on their 34's,.... and you'll definately see n15mo the "wheel whore" pop up numerous times throught the 27 or so pages.. lol. :down:

As stated previously, definately 18's.

I have 18's on my white 34, with dish!, and now I want 19's, looks too small with my kit.

Check out the R34 pics in the Photography section, will give you a good idea of what other forum members have on their 34's,.... and you'll definately see n15mo the "wheel whore" pop up numerous times throught the 27 or so pages.. lol. :rofl:

lol...that I am...and proud of it :down:

All I can say is go Jap or go home! :D

I was checking out n15m0's page last night........

I like the one that was on the purple GTR...

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n102/n1...TT/IMG_1511.jpg

soooo hooootttt.... lol

and i like these too....

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n102/n1...GR/IMG_2405.jpg

Both the above wheels are the same make and model - BBS RG-R in Diamond Black.

The GTR is in 19s whereas mine are 18s and different offsets and widths :thumbsup: Took me a while to source those from Yahoo Auctions in Japan....and about 3 mths to get here.

If you stretch your budget a little you should be able to get a pretty decent 2nd hand set from forum members...or if you're willing to wait...source them in Japan through the traders.

I was checking out n15m0's page last night........

I like the one that was on the purple GTR...

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n102/n1...TT/IMG_1511.jpg

soooo hooootttt.... lol

and i like these too....

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n102/n1...GR/IMG_2405.jpg

Can't go wrong with mesh style wheels in my opinion.

I know you only have $2000 max, but please stay away from CheapO rims from bob jayne/ozzy tyres.

I found a mint set of Nismo LMGT3's on the for sale section here for $2,400 with new tyres aswell, had them for a year now.

Japanese build quality, awesome machined lip and a good amount of dish on the back wheel.

post-29425-1204189594_thumb.jpgpost-29425-1204189690_thumb.jpg

I'd rather have the stock 17" r34 wheels than the cheap rims from the tyre shops, but that's just me.

P.S I have 17" rays nismo rims for sale. PM me if you're interested, I'll sell em to ya for cheap.

Edited by Yo-Yo

I'd reccomend the round variety of rims. So much better than those square ones... Hope that helps!

LOL!!!! Yes that helps alot!!! :D I asked for square ones at Ozzy Tyres and they didnt take me seriously, how rudeness!

Can't go wrong with mesh style wheels in my opinion.

I know you only have $2000 max, but please stay away from CheapO rims from bob jayne/ozzy tyres.

I found a mint set of Nismo LMGT3's on the for sale section here for $2,400 with new tyres aswell, had them for a year now.

Japanese build quality, awesome machined lip and a good amount of dish on the back wheel.

post-29425-1204189594_thumb.jpgpost-29425-1204189690_thumb.jpg

I'd rather have the stock 17" r34 wheels than the cheap rims from the tyre shops, but that's just me.

P.S I have 17" rays nismo rims for sale. PM me if you're interested, I'll sell em to ya for cheap.

Though i am on a budget of $2,000 if i have to go over a few hundred dollars.. i can manage that lol

Yeah, i was searching/googling on Jap quality stuff..

Can i see your 17" please?

How do i "source them trough japanese traders"..?!