SAU Community

Hi Everyone

HSVBRO

hi everybody.. alrite, i own a HSV Senator but I really want a Skyline lol... Im doin my best and saving up so I can get one.... The guys from the west (Im from Hillside/Sydenham) if u see a guy with funny hair in a blue senator with plates HSVBRO and hes tailgating u or geeing u up at the lights, Im not doing it to be a hero, I just want to see how ur car goes!!! Most Skylines kill me anyways!!

Love the sound of them and went on the first skyline cruise last week and the sight and sound of nearly thrity skylines roarinf thru the tunnel was grouse!!

I always thought Skylines were cheap power ( i know, typical hsv driver) but u guys have introduced me to a whole new world!!

haha, its been good meeting the guys i have met hope to catch up with u's soon!! and hopefully soon you'll see me in a series 2 R33 GTS-T wif plates R33BRO (haha for a laugh) nar jus kidding bout the plates :laughing-smiley-014:

Welcome to the forums,

I like V8's, but I love Forced Induction!

If you really wanna stir the pot then put your HSVBRO plates on your new car :P

good luck wit your purchase

The words 'cheap' and 'Nissan' shouldn't be used in the same sentence.

Welcome to the dark side. :D

Unless you drive a Tiida or a Poosaar, which in that case, you should find a water well and drown yoself...

haha, well looks like i have alot to learn....

1. never use the word 'grouse'..... how bout 'sik'? lmao

2. never insult skyline drivers by using 'cheap' and 'nissan' in the same sentence

3. forced induction aint cheap

thanks for the comments guys and i dont think the plates HSVBRO will suit a skyline.... nut then again, u never know... shud be at the cruise for the westys this week and i think i'll have to hitch a ride with a mates skyline, dont wanna ruin the whole 'twenty skylines owning the road' thing u's have got going.... jokes

and to me i see it as cheap power.... to get 220rwkw out of a 5 litre, biiiiiiiig dollars... wat more than 7-8 g's yeah? a skyline? 2 g's? thats wat i meant... didnt mean to offend lol.. hope to meet a few of u guys at the meets :D

Getting big kilowatts out of almost any car is going to cost big $$$. The difference is how much faster you can make it with the least amount of $$$ thats the real difference. Hence, why the skyline is better

a neighbour of mine already has CYA-57L .now if it was on a skyline,that would be good.

can i ask why your not going for the r34GTT instead of the r33?

If u see a guy with funny hair in a blue senator with plates HSVBRO and hes tailgating u or geeing u up at the lights, Im not doing it to be a hero, I just want to see how ur car goes!!! Most Skylines kill me anyways!!

Technically that is trying to "g" someone up.

haha, well looks like i have alot to learn....

1. never use the word 'grouse'..... how bout 'sik'? lmao

2. never insult skyline drivers by using 'cheap' and 'nissan' in the same sentence

3. forced induction aint cheap

thanks for the comments guys and i dont think the plates HSVBRO will suit a skyline.... nut then again, u never know... shud be at the cruise for the westys this week and i think i'll have to hitch a ride with a mates skyline, dont wanna ruin the whole 'twenty skylines owning the road' thing u's have got going.... jokes

and to me i see it as cheap power.... to get 220rwkw out of a 5 litre, biiiiiiiig dollars... wat more than 7-8 g's yeah? a skyline? 2 g's? thats wat i meant... didnt mean to offend lol.. hope to meet a few of u guys at the meets :laugh:

I think the other thing here is that BIG power in a skyline normally equates to about 350kw or so these days... Even that is getting mild...

Welcome to the fold bro.

There are ways to get good value for money power. I prefer to build my own engines, the last being a 700hp 3.0L with 26 head that came in for just under $5K in my race car (GTS25t but twin turbo). My GTR does 500hp as a daily driver and I will kick that up to 600hp at the next tune. Parts were 3K for the computer, turbos and injectors. Good handling in a GTR is only $2500 away as well and given a GTR33 can be had for less than 25K that is good value, especially considering the Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini and Audi RS4 I've driven recently all don't compare as an all round performer. That is 1.4Mill worth of comparison and I'd keep the GTR anyday and flog off the others if they were a freebie.

a neighbour of mine already has CYA-57L .now if it was on a skyline,that would be good.

can i ask why your not going for the r34GTT instead of the r33?

hah those plates wud be tuff on a skyline.... i prefer the look of the r33 over the r34... dont know why, just my preference and i probably wont have too much to spend so jus gotta aim reasonably

this probly sound real dumb, but how much different all round is there between an r33 GTST and an R34GTT? the r33GTST are goin for around 13ish, wat wud a r34 GTT be worth?

Technically that is trying to "g" someone up.

im not denying that i am trying to gee them up, just some ppl think im geeing them up coz i want to beat them.... coz im a hero (which im not) lol. and i cant beat them

you just want to see how it moves.shifts sounds, stuff like that.

not exactly sure,best bet is to buy something off one of the members on here,top cars,very well kept and not asking the world.

check out the for sale section.

hah those plates wud be tuff on a skyline.... i prefer the look of the r33 over the r34... dont know why, just my preference and i probably wont have too much to spend so jus gotta aim reasonably

this probly sound real dumb, but how much different all round is there between an r33 GTST and an R34GTT? the r33GTST are goin for around 13ish, wat wud a r34 GTT be worth?

im not denying that i am trying to gee them up, just some ppl think im geeing them up coz i want to beat them.... coz im a hero (which im not) lol. and i cant beat them

Check the 4 sale thread for prices... Theres heaps of them available :thumbsup:

Choose wisely :D

I bought my GTT for 26k, well I borrowed 10k off the old man.. But you get m'drift...

You can find GTT's for around 20k if you look hard enough, but personally, I wouldn't advise getting anything that is any cheaper... yet..

However I got a 4 door, turbo manual which is a bit rare, if your going a turbo manual coupé, or a turbo auto taxi, then things get a bit cheaper...

Hot 4's are selling their project car on Ebay, it is an absolute steal atm..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Nissan-Skyline-R34-...1QQcmdZViewItem

I bought my GTT for 26k, well I borrowed 10k off the old man.. But you get m'drift...

You can find GTT's for around 20k if you look hard enough, but personally, I wouldn't advise getting anything that is any cheaper... yet..

However I got a 4 door, turbo manual which is a bit rare, if your going a turbo manual coupé, or a turbo auto taxi, then things get a bit cheaper...

Hot 4's are selling their project car on Ebay, it is an absolute steal atm..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Nissan-Skyline-R34-...1QQcmdZViewItem

My 34 was $24k and its immaculate and modified :thumbsup: