SAU Community

Cruise On The 19th Of April

thegoobie

Just posting an idea for a new cruise taking in the beach, city and mountains.

Full tank of fuel reccomended at first meet point

DATE: Saturday 19th of April

TIME: Meet at 2:00pm depart 2:30pm

TOTAL CRUISE TIME one way including stops (Approx): 4 - 4.5 HOURS

Meet Point: Car Park on the Esplanade between Maidstone St. and Rose Street in Altona (See attached image from Google Earth) Go over the West Gate Bridge and as soon as you step off, hang a left into Cook Street and continue towards Beach Street.

Approx 45min Drive to First Stop.

First Stop: Carpark on Marine Parade at the end of Blessington Street in St. Kilda. Approx time of arrival 3:15pm. We'll probably hang around for about 15 - 20 minutes.

From here we'll head to Dandenong Road (Pincess Highway) and travel as far as Warrigal Road where we'll turn onto the Monash Freeway. Take the Wellington road exit (C413) and continue to Clematis. Here we turn Left on the C412 (Belgrave Gembrook Road) Continue through the roundabout in Emerald, continue about 6kms and go straight though the roundabout onto the C411 towards Woori Yallock. Once we hit Woori Yallock turn right onto the B380 todards Yarra Junction.

Approx 1hr 45min drive to Second Stop.

Second Stop: Yarra Juntion Carpark Arrive at about 4:30. I don't know it's exact location, but it's on the left as you enter Yarra Junction from the City Ther is a big oval and toilets, you can't miss it. It's a gravel carpark. Again.. we'll probably be around for about 20 minutes. Have something to eat etc...

From Yarra Junction we'll continue towards Noojee, and on towards Mt. Baw Baw. I think there will be a $5 cover charge per car to enter the Baw Baw National Park. If people don't want to enter the park we can just turn around at the gate and head back down the twisties.

Approx. 1 Hour drive to Final Location.

Final Location: Carpark at the top of Mt. Baw Baw. Arrive at about 6:00pm. Stop here for a while and if the numbers are up take some pretty impressive photos.

There are some awesome fast twisties leading up to Noojee and losts of sharper, slower twisties towards Mt. Baw Baw.

post-45933-1204427736_thumb.jpg

post-45933-1204427750_thumb.jpg

post-45933-1204427762_thumb.jpg

post-45933-1204427771_thumb.jpg

Edited by thegoobie

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that sounds pretty good. however, that would be a pretty tiring drive. maybe split it as either a city cruise or just a drive through the twisties. this way you would get more numbers.

ae86dc had a similar cruise not long ago where they had a meet up and then drove into healesville (spelling?) and had a bbq. then all the people that wanted to go for a drive went in that direction torwards mt baw baw while anyone that wasn't up for it left

a lot shorter and that way you can enjoy the drive more

Long it is... We can divide the cruise into two legs. Those who want to do the full cruise and those who would like to meet us at Yarra Junction to do the twisties.

Taking in the beach, city and the mountains in one day might be strenuous for some.

So I guess there will be three options for those who want to come:

Leg 1 and 2 (Altona to Baw Baw)

Leg 1 (Altona to Yarra Junction)

Leg 2 (Yarra Junction to Baw Baw)

Please specify which leg you’re interested in doing.

Sounds like a good cruise.. my dad (kevind - R32 GTR) is interested in doing this but will probably join in when you drive through noojee

if thats ok? we live in warragul so that would be the easiest option... we've down the twisties a couple of times & they're pretty good fun!

Sounds like a good cruise.. my dad (kevind - R32 GTR) is interested in doing this but will probably join in when you drive through noojee

if thats ok? we live in warragul so that would be the easiest option... we've down the twisties a couple of times & they're pretty good fun!

Meeting us in Noojee isn't a problem, however it isn't a sceduled stop. Chances are that we'll just be passing through. As far as i'm aware, as we enter Noojee, we'll be veering right at the strip of shops towards Baw Baw, so if you could be at that intersection a little early we can pick up up without stopping.

Meeting us in Noojee isn't a problem, however it isn't a sceduled stop. Chances are that we'll just be passing through. As far as i'm aware, as we enter Noojee, we'll be veering right at the strip of shops towards Baw Baw, so if you could be at that intersection a little early we can pick up up without stopping.

yeah thats what i meant.. sorry i should of explained myself a bit better.. sounds good..

we know all around that area cause we are there pretty often so you cant go wrong as there is only one road to baw baw... ;)

could we make it earlier than 2 pm?

it'd be good to get back when the sun is still out

Not sure if we'd want to leave ealier than 2:30 as part of the fun will be going back through the forrest in the dark. However if enough people want to leave earlier then we can.

I remember coming back through the Black Spurs at night and it was awesome.

Count me in! (if you dont mind an rx7 tagging along :D )

A mate of mine has a 33 so he'll most likley tag along also.

I'll join you guys from Leg 2 (Yarra Junction to Baw Baw)

Cheers

Liam.

Edited by FC3S 13BT

Count me in! (if you dont mind an rx7 tagging along :D )

A mate of mine has a 33 so he'll most likley tag along also.

I'll join you guys from Leg 2 (Yarra Junction to Baw Baw)

Cheers

Liam.

Yea that sounds great! Bring as many as you like :)

Sounds a bit too long for me, but I'll see how I feel closer to the day.

If you like, it's possible to moninate the leg you'd like to attand. Looks like we'll have a few people joinging us at Yarra Junction for the twisties.

• 2 weeks later...