SAU Community

Plenum "bodies"

Sammy

Hey guys,

I want to make a plenum, or at least make as much of it as i can.. (its for a 4-cylinder motor, just so you know)

I have noticed that most of the plenums around the main "body" or rounded area is single piece, im guessing it's cast alloy?

IMAGE_00788.jpg

I'm guessing most of the makers of plenums around the ridges buy from someone, the question is, does anyone know who would sell one to me? As said before, i dont want to pay someone $1000+ to make me a plenum, i want to do it myself, plus i have some size constraints that i want to dummy up and check myself.

Thanks!

not necassarliy cast. I have a plazmaman one on my r32 rb20 and it is billet alloy, just as a cnc machined bottom flange and the rest is folded into shape with smoothe corners and welded on. Greddy etc, have cast plenums. What engine is it for? Dont want to get a $250 greddy plenum off ebay and copy that?

make it out of whatever you want, then grind and polish it so it looks like one piece. maybe use some pipe and some plate/sheet

have you got any pics of the process you go thorugh ISL33P? im interested to see how YOU go about building one, from what i've seen of your work, your doing it right. your on CT too yeah?

thanks for reassurance :domokun:

ill put something together over the next couple of days for a 4G63. is a complete inlet manifold/plenum chamber from scratch. no standard parts were used.

sure am on CT