SAU Community

V35, What Have You Done.

Hi Guys just bought a 04 G35 Premium with Sat nav and the bose system. Car also has sunroof, 18's and a trust exhaust being fitted as we speak.

Vehicle is blue and a auction grade 4.5 A only having 18,000kms.

I am looking to mod the car as soon as it gets here. Not going all out but minor mods all around.

Am wanting to fit 20' inch wheels

All infiniti badging

Billet grills from the states

Lower the vehicle

Remove standard stereo and install a full aftermarket system.

If anyone has further ideas / upgrades please let me know and if there is anyone with 20 inch rims already fitted i would be interested to see how they look. Have a friend with a 350z with 20's on the front and 22's on the back but i think that may be a little over the top for the v35.

Edited by CHO50N

has it got infiniti badge when you bought it?

I got infiniti badge on the boot but nissan on the front grille...

it's quite hard to find USDM factory infiniti badge for the front grille, done lots of google searches but no luck.

There isn't much you can do power-wise without forced induction. Yeah exhaust/intake/wheels/suspension are where you'd start.

Looks-wise the V35 is sexy looking just with nice rims. Don't lower it too much, and be weary of bodykits stuffing the natural lines of the car.

Won't need too much externally, but you can spend a fair bit on interior (wheel, gearknob, head unit, amps, subs, splits).

I bet it's sexy looking already! Esp. with the sunroof etc.

Enjoy champ

Mate i have compliance for V35's now and this will be the 3rd one in the family.

My uncle has a Silver 05 Premium with OEM 19's and only 15kms

My mum has a Red 03 Premium with sunroof.

Yeah stereo will be pretty big with probably a custom made centre console being made to flow through the whole car.

Getting badges is easy off G35driver.com as we have sourced all infiniti badges for my mums through that site.

Will be ordering a Carbon rear difuser in the very near future.

Edited by CHO50N

Mate i have compliance for V35's now and this will be the 3rd one in the family.

My uncle has a Silver 05 Premium with OEM 19's and only 15kms

My mum has a Red 03 Premium with sunroof.

Yeah stereo will be pretty big with probably a custom made centre console being made to flow through the whole car.

Getting badges is easy off G35driver.com as we have sourced all infiniti badges for my mums through that site.

Will be ordering a Carbon rear difuser in the very near future.

for the stereo panel, there is a double din kits available in the market for about $360 included ac controller assembly.

I ordered nismo rear apron and cf diffuser already, should look hot on that. also got a set of 19's racing hart rs451 for sale, pm me if you are interested.

are you planning on running a cinema in your car?

the OEM bose setup is pretty decent cpnsisting of 6-stacker, 8 speakers all amplified by a bose amp

plus on the premium models it is integragted into the steering controls which you will loste with an aftermerket setup

is it worth spending thousands on something that might only be a little bit better, if at all, with no steering controls?

you can add a sub to the stock setup if you like, search on g35driver.com there's heaps of info there

do you have any pics of your car?

for the stereo panel, there is a double din kits available in the market for about $360 included ac controller assembly.

I ordered nismo rear apron and cf diffuser already, should look hot on that. also got a set of 19's racing hart rs451 for sale, pm me if you are interested.

Mate very interested in diffuser, pm me price etc.

Dont worry about wheels need to be 20's atleast

No pics as yet on this computer,

Aftermarket system is needed, have heard the bose in my mums and want more. Will get the double din console but also want to mould front console all the way through into the back.

fair enough.. personalyl i can't understand doing these kind of mods on such an expensive car but each to their own

it will sound awesome with the right setup that i have no doubt

having pulled off the door fascia the door is factory sealed (like one would normally do with dynamat) so nissan have really thought about how things would sound, not just thrown something together..

Yeah mate called you the other day,

Set up that will prob go in car.

2 pairs of Boston SL60's in front doors.

1 pair in rear

Depending on space either 2 x MTX 7500 12 inch subs

or

1 x MTX 9500 12 inch sub

Clarion head unit and appropriate amps.

There isn't much you can do power-wise without forced induction. Yeah exhaust/intake/wheels/suspension are where you'd start.

True, probably only get a bit more. I've actually spotted a few HKS Supercharger or HKS twin turbo kit from overseas companies that is if anyone willing to spend a few thousands excluding shipping and fitting on the kit.. more like $7k+

I've even been quoted $17k by APS engineering for their 500hp twin turbo kit although they're not sure if it will fit V35 as the kit was intended for 350Z.

Won't need too much externally, but you can spend a fair bit on interior (wheel, gearknob, head unit, amps, subs, splits).

Most will have airbag steering wheel that is already nice looking, there's no point spending money on some Momo race wheels with boss kit that might look out of place in such a car. If it's a premium model then it already came Bose amps and subs... if not then nothing stopping from going aftermarket.

sorry mate not saying anything is wrong with the workshop or anything but i will never take my car anywhere else, Sergie does great work and is a personal friend of mine. I know his quality and trust him to have my car without doubt. He has built many show cars with the 2SUS s2000 taking out best audio at autosalon all year in pro class.

The S15 was more about show, the V35 will be much more subtle with only minor mods in keeping with the cars interior

Edited by CHO50N