Superlap Timeattack Is Ago!

giant

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and I'm out :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

There will be a next time man. Look at it as a good thing dude. There are always teething problems after a big build. Better they hapen close to home than in another state.

Sorry to hear once again.

Thanks for the offer Steve, but you won't have what I need unfortunately, and I don't want to do a patch job on the car to get it there. It'll be too costly, and the whole reason I pulled the car off the road was to get it all done right :)

Nathan: PM sent mate, don't want to say it publically as it was a custom made part.

Adz: Cheers man. It probably is for the best, and I was always planning on getting a few Sandown runs in before it went as it's nice and close, but it was going to be a midnight on the trailer thing as it was, and this has just thrown a major spanner in the works.

I'm still planning on coming up to check it out, so I'll see you all there :D

A quick question to superlap. How much of the body are you allowed to lighten? Can you replace to whole body with carbon? Or like sports sedans, do you still have to retain the original roof?

Well now that the exiges have entered..........I think they will do 11's or 12's. I think the quickest I have done is a 14, in a restricted GTR. I don't think any GTR will do a 10 or 11 unless they are on a slick. It does not matter how much power you have, it still has to go through 'R' compounds. My opinion anyway :)

I am pretty sure the quickest exige does a 9 on slicks.

So yes my money is on the exiges :sick:

Pppftttt, siff an exige will be the fastest..... :)

TEH GTR CAN NEVA LOSE!!!!!! :)

My money is on a GTR to be the fastest in both classes....

Do not under estimate any Lotus. HKS took the super cheater spec EVO that holds the Tsukuba Super Lap

record to Sepang and there was a car that was developed by Proton or something that wiped the floor with it. It was up for sale a few months ago and sold for about 230,000 pounds.

Just looked to see if there are any vids and i think this is the car

The Lotus Sports Exige 300RR was built for Lotus' parent company, Proton Cars. Based on the award winning aluminum bonded chassis of the production Elise, the Exige 300RR was Intended to be Lotus' reentry into International level motorsports. The one of a kind Exige 300RR is powered by a 400BHP Swindon built GM V6 derived from a DTM unit.

Performance Data

Weight: 1580 lbs

Engine Builder: Swindon

Manufacturer: GM

Type: GM V6 DTM Spec

Displacement: 3000cc

Horsepower: 400BHP

Torque: 340NM

Induction: N/A

Manfacturer: Hewland Sequential

Body Construction: Dry Carbon Fibre

Color: Red/White

Shocks: Ohlins

Brakes: AP Racing

post-462-1213426341_thumb.jpg

post-462-1213426348_thumb.jpg

people doing 1:12 and under i just cant get it through my head!!

i was at Oran Park GP yesterday and today for FOSC winter invitation and got a 1:22.6 (on dunlop hard compound semi's) and that was pushing real hard (destroyed my exhaust and alignment - from my aggressive lines:P) and dave raddatz in the mx5mania mx5 on slicks did 1:16s (and he is farkn fast)

would be bloody amazing to see some1 lap at under 1:12!!!

My allignment was also completely shot after a recent outting there as well.

Boz drove the car his way so I started following suit trying to use every last inch of concrete which trashed the allignment but it is all fixable.

My allignment was also completely shot after a recent outting there as well.

Boz drove the car his way so I started following suit trying to use every last inch of concrete which trashed the alignment but it is all fixable.

yer same, i kerb hop every corner practically :woot:, basicly every corner that is part of the short circuit (from the S's to the straight) is where i am destroying my alignment... especially top of the hill over the apex and the last corner get the inside wheels over the kerb on the grass and pulls you through the corner... :D that screwed me over once though :) haha