giant

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is awsome

your all fags!

Luv the fats curve balls.

Re aero yes made an alloy rear under tray from in front of the diff back and rear diffuser with director plates and 4 small vortex generators under the car at the leading edge of diffuser, for less drag, and keep air attached to the high sloping rear diffuser for more down force. Also cut out rear bar a bit to let air out form rear wheels and air ducted at the diff for cooling. Also cut bottom few inches of rear bar for better transition of air leaving the car and will be adding VG's under there also.

penlington.jpg

Front, we made a Carbon Kevlar under tray with air dam 50mm tapered up rise and has trip strips ( not in pic) in front of the wheels and along the edge of air dam to prevent turbulence form the wheels and help air dam work better. Also made a front splitter with FRP and adjustable supports.

See here for more.

Slot Car Link

We also cut away bottom of the guards behind front wheels to let air out, removed plastic splash guards under the front guards, and opened up the holes leading into the rear of the engine bay to help air to exit. We also pumped the guards out a bit to help air out but need to support this as I noticed it shaking down the straight, and pump it a bit more to help more air get out.

Looks shit.

And by that I mean it looks awesome.

Where's the second exhaust that the 300s normally have? I think I've missed something obvious here... It's not running an RB is it? :P

Hey Dirtgarage that Olive branch has got thorns on it. For someone trying to start a business of some sort you are digging a hole for yourself you are throwing so much dirt, and stop digging up guff.

John, give it a rest now mate.

I have spoken to Paul and now im speaking to you, if you two want to bicker/argue/fondle each other, do it off the forum.

Thanks.

Looks shit.

And by that I mean it looks awesome.

Where's the second exhaust that the 300s normally have? I think I've missed something obvious here... It's not running an RB is it? :P

Real Z32's run RB26's, this is a documented and well known fact :)

Thanks for the info and the link, that's great.

Why are the front splitter supports adjustable? Do you run the front splitter at an angle?

Have you noticed much difference?

Why would I run a less reliable motor and hang more cylinders over the front of cross member? It has a lot of gtr parts including in the engine but I would never ptu an RB in it. waiting...... We are working on a VQ30 which will be a 3.8 litre adn alloy block and 210kg compared to VG30DETT 310kg.

Adjustable to get on trailer easier as I wind it up and yes for track depends on the track I can wind it lower and get slight more angle. Definitely noticed the difference and the main to only change I did when I went back to Philip Island last year in October, as I was there pre splitter and air dam in Easter, and I noticed much more down force on the front, and yes Ican feel it. I actuall needed to remove the front Carbon fibre Kennard’s in testing on the Sat prior to timed event on the Sunday to balance the car out.

Next we will be making some GT 500 style rack off side skirts and looking at doing some rear aero on side of rear bar, like the German touring cars.

Maybe I should just buy Russ and Marks R32 GTR… Hmmm I like a challenge though.

310kg John? wow, that's heavy isn't it (in absolute terms). How does that compare to an RB26? And I hear you re extra engine hangin out in the breeze. I've always wanted to either SR an R32 gts (yes, I'm sick), or VQ a GTR.

310kg John? wow, that's heavy isn't it (in absolute terms). How does that compare to an RB26? And I hear you re extra engine hangin out in the breeze. I've always wanted to either SR an R32 gts (yes, I'm sick), or VQ a GTR.

RB26 not much lighter you will find if any?

Nissan smartened up and did this and put an alloy V6 in the new R35 GTR.

People often ask why I don't race a GTR. RB26 fans don't read this below.................................

Just to compare the VG30DETT which has not come out of the car for three years, has done zillion track days and this one makes up to 438rwkw has stock, block and crank, water pump, oil pump, sump other than little plate we Tig weld in to stop oil flying out of the well, stock manifolds, throttle bodies and plenum. Much more reliable and cheaper than RB26 with similar power for track use.

which has not come out of the car for three years, has done zillion

yeah but when was the last time they took the engine out of the QEII?

you made the correct engine choice for a nautical application JP.

:D :D :bunny:

Edited by wolverine

Wow have I missed some crap on this thread over the last few days LOL

Have just spent the last few days at Lakeside raceway........I thought they were going to spend money on the track :P

Looking at the stuff that has been written....I was wondering if this is still a superlap thread??

I would certainly like to have a response from superlap on the thread. C'mon Ian and Nathan, I am sure you have caught up on sleep :D

Have just spent the last few days at Lakeside raceway........I thought they were going to spend money on the track :D

Looking at the stuff that has been written....I was wondering if this is still a superlap thread??

I would certainly like to have a response from superlap on the thread. C'mon Ian and Nathan, I am sure you have caught up on sleep :banana:

Lots of good reading on here with all the bitching ,this page is not about racing its more about throwing shit on each other lets just hire a boxing ring and sort it all out ,there will be more people there to watch then super lap , so which pro fighter would you use John i dont think bozo could enter that one for you :P

I've always wanted to either SR an R32 gts

Now there's an intelligent man! :P

John: Top idea to make it easier to get on the trailer, wouldn't have thought of that. I'll be keen to see updates as I want to get some undertrays on my car soonish

. I've always wanted to either SR an R32 gts (yes, I'm sick), or VQ a GTR.

You need to understand that i have just finished building a bitumen facility. So that means i have MEANS. Talk like that gives me MOTIVE for a good tar and feathering! :D

LOL, sadly i think the same thing very often, in fact recently asked a friend to follow up with some enquiries concerning such an animal :)

Have just spent the last few days at Lakeside raceway........I thought they were going to spend money on the track :)

I would certainly like to have a response from superlap on the thread. C'mon Ian and Nathan, I am sure you have caught up on sleep :)

Hi John, on a side note re Lakeside, just had your friend and my neighbour Mr Dawson in my warehouse outlining the plans Tettley has to iron out the kink in Lakeside's main straight later in the year amongst other things. That is a travesty! :D

You need to understand that i have just finished building a bitumen facility. So that means i have MEANS. Talk like that gives me MOTIVE for a good tar and feathering! :D

LOL, sadly i think the same thing very often, in fact recently asked a friend to follow up with some enquiries concerning such an animal :)

oh yeah. if things go our way big boy we can enter it next years super lap. doesn't matter who buys it, me or you. but either way we both get a steer.

looks like a GTST. mmm motec.

post-3621-1216340677_thumb.jpg

wha? :)

post-3621-1216340731_thumb.jpg

post-3621-1216340763_thumb.jpg

marlin re animal see above! 2.2litre, built at prime garage. all the usual good bits. supposedly a very quick track car and quite light. the current owner still drives it on the road too! got to love japan.