SAU Community

Crank Strength And Upgrading Options.

LedZepLen

• 3 weeks later...
really where did you see that?

We've already finished the worlds first genuine RB33 (ie actually slightly over 3300cc) and it was not quite as simple as we first thought it would be, we have twin 3037s and it will be shipped to Ireland for install in a R33 GTR shortly.

I can also vouch for stock RB30 cranks to 9000rpm 1000+hp, and stock RB30, pistons and rods to 8000rpm and over 500rwkw in a track car without problems, although I usually tell my customers 7200rpm, 1.5 bar 400rwkw.

Rob

We've already finished the worlds first genuine RB33 (ie actually slightly over 3300cc) and it was not quite as simple as we first thought it would be, we have twin 3037s and it will be shipped to Ireland for install in a R33 GTR shortly.

I can also vouch for stock RB30 cranks to 9000rpm 1000+hp, and stock RB30, pistons and rods to 8000rpm and over 500rwkw in a track car without problems, although I usually tell my customers 7200rpm, 1.5 bar 400rwkw.

Rob

Theres one been sitting in an engine here for 8 months. Still waiting for the rest of the car to be finished before it debuts.

Will be an interesting animal for sure.

Hi Rips, I've seen the excellent development work you guys have been doing over the years, but I don't think yours is the first this time :thumbsup: the crank I saw came out of a motor that had been running for a while. I'm not actually sure why it was apart I couldn't see anything wrong with it.

Anyway, I saw this one at Hills Motorsport, I'm sure Mark can provide details to anyone who is interested. I certainly am :)

• 2 weeks later...

Rob

keep us updated with the release of this im very interested

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Rips, I've seen the excellent development work you guys have been doing over the years, but I don't think yours is the first this time :laugh: the crank I saw came out of a motor that had been running for a while. I'm not actually sure why it was apart I couldn't see anything wrong with it.

Anyway, I saw this one at Hills Motorsport, I'm sure Mark can provide details to anyone who is interested. I certainly am :sick:

:) where was that...I didnt see it when I was there last week...wasnt really looking tho

• 2 weeks later...

My stroker crank is getting closer.

The drawing is finished .Final measurements are 93mm stroke - this will make 3317cc with a 1mm over bore. I will also make a 95mm stroke 3388 cc( but the block will require a little clearancing )

Custom rods will be needed also, these will be I beams and come in the kit as well as pistons.

The first crank should be here early next year.

Dont ask on pricing as the Aus dollar is totally influencing things at the moment.

RB25/26 cranks are next, also SR20 and CA18

As long as the cost is reasonable (considering there's no social proof to attest to reliability etc) you shouldnt have an issue moving them. Im keeping an eye on your website solely to find more info about that crank option - ive got a spare rb30 block here that (if the price was right) id be happy to put in my GTR and crank out some silly numbers with

(considering there's no social proof to attest to reliability etc)

I will be building a test engine with the 1st sample - and I will be leaning on it hard - as in very hard with a 50/50 toluene mix.

A Brian Crower 3.4L 2JZ stroker kit ( crank rods and pistons ) in todays market is around $8500, mine will be considerably less. But it still wont be cheap as this is a 4340 billet crank, with 4340 I beam rods and more than likely a custom CP piston to suit.

So dont expect anything less than 5k-6k plus.

Edited by Spoolup

My stroker crank is getting closer.

The drawing is finished .Final measurements are 93mm stroke - this will make 3317cc with a 1mm over bore. I will also make a 95mm stroke 3388 cc( but the block will require a little clearancing )

Custom rods will be needed also, these will be I beams and come in the kit as well as pistons.

The first crank should be here early next year.

Dont ask on pricing as the Aus dollar is totally influencing things at the moment.

RB25/26 cranks are next, also SR20 and CA18

What capacity are you doing the CA18 to? :P

mmmmmm i think this is a good excuse to delay a rb30 build lol

are mahle pistons really that much better then CP?

LOL makes me want to rush the turbo installation and wind it right up so I can break it sooner and push her to 3.4L.. if only my bank account had the same sentiments lol :(