SAU Community

Crank Strength And Upgrading Options.

LedZepLen

just half moon slot the sides of the conrod on the edge of the bearing seat, side face. Simple :wacko:

what are you on about?

bearing seat? you mean the tangs (little notches in the big end tunnel of the conrod) or you talking about the actual big end tunnel or big end journal?

1/2 moon slot the sides?

i was talking in reference to oil squirters....

not the tang. I said on the side of the conrod. ill put up a picture...pretty well most conrods have this done nowadays...

post-12828-1240368928_thumb.jpg

post-12828-1240368973_thumb.jpg

i understand but i think they ment the oil squirters that sit in the crank case area just under the sleeves

i believe this is about as good as it gets as its pretty painful to setup a proper oil squirter system like those in a 25/26. Admittedly it would be good for reduced piston heat...but your also adding more oil to the windage foundation. And that is an area that not alot of people look at, or even know exists.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i did find a 100mm rb stroker crank through one of our customers, he is asking for 7400 for the kit, though with some v6 stroker cranks from them the quality wasnt the best, on dummy assemble we found the strokes varied per cylinder and we had to off set grind a plus 30 to rectify

• 4 weeks later...

I have 2 RB30 stroker crank samples , 12 custom rods and 12 custom CP pistons due mid July. A trial engine will be assembled and run, then if all is ok production will start.

So hopefully all things being equal Ill have kits ready to go Nov/Dec this year.

I just received my first CA18 and SR20 stroker cranks - pics or of CA18 87.6mm

post-220-1246093098_thumb.jpg

post-220-1246093117_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spoolup

I have 2 RB30 stroker crank samples , 12 custom rods and 12 custom CP pistons due mid July. A trial engine will be assembled and run, then if all is ok production will start.

So hopefully all things being equal Ill have kits ready to go Nov/Dec this year.

Nice work! look like I'll be building a 3.4L on the side come Xmas :P

I put a post on the NICO.com CA18 about the cranks, they were interested a while ago when i mentioned in a thread about aftermarket CA rods that you were making a stroker crank. Keep an eye on it if you want.

Here's the NICO thread i'll post one up on NS.com as well;

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/4341...ker-crank-876mm

P.S. whats the cost of the CA crank?

EDIT!!

The NS.com thread;

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.p...howtopic=393047

Edited by D_Stirls

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

does anyone know if you can buy the colar that you screw onto your crank, or do you make it?

my engine builder is asking me to find out as i think he didnt put one on when he built my 17k RB30/26 build of only 2000k before it broke the brand new N1 oil pump gears the first time i gave it a decent rev.

whats the best option?

Aproxx 600rwhp

Yes you can buy collars (Spool, among others, sell them).

Not exactly screw on though, you have to machine the snub of the crank down, press the collar on then drill/tap for grub screws.

Edited by bubba