SAU Community

Car Photo Shoot

br3ndan

Planning to take my car on a photo shoot soon, and was wondering if any of you guys will be willing to part with you "secret" locations for taking photos of cars.

I was wanting to take it around dusk...

ive got photographer and model organised already, just need to think of a nice place to take the photos.

Oh yeah, im south of the river.. so preferably somewhere not to far away from me!

Edited by br3ndan

if you want river views, try dalkeith. there are little parks off justland parade with car parks over looking the river.

also, theres one road which has great views of the city, and in the right spot you could get the city in the background.

Hey Br3ndan .. im interested in doing the photoshoot too .. im driving a beat up R33 so can u get ur photo dude to photoshop the pics of my car please .. !!!! :thumbsup: hahahah .. 'skyfriend'

If you are after an "industrial" kinda background, go down Rockingham road along the strip towards rockingham, and the last big place on your right is the BHP nickel refinery. You won't be let on site, but their is a road that runs right around the perimeter and if you go around the back between the refinery and Kwinana beach there is some good places you can set up with various parts of the refinery billowing steam and stuff. It looks awesome at night with all the sodium vapour lamps on too.

Make sure post the end result up where ever you decide.

matilda bay?

or somewhere in mandurah near halls head =)

but yeah like a few othres have said depends wot type of scenery ur after

btw would u be able to pm like how much it was to get a photographer n stuff ?

interested in doin something like this

cheers

photographer and model are both friends of mine... so total cost = $0

ill post up the pics when i do this, it will be this month sometime for sure. Im going to scope out locations next week. I quite like the idea of that BP nickel place. Sounds interesting.

After you can take a look at the pics and if you like it, i dun mind to intro you to the photographer. =)

Sounds a bit odd but someone will mention it eventually....

Just drive around & see what you find. A mate of mine did that with his 33 & found a place near Midland, was taking pics there & then a freight train came past & he managed to get some witht he train in the background. Turning the pic to black & white/grey, it looks awesome. Looks like it was taken in the old days but with a modern car. Now that I've got my kit on I'll be taking some photos around Perth too, I'll be looking as mentioned for an urban graffiti sort of look, but hopefully without the rape if I stop in an alleyway for too long haha

the zig zag in gooseberry hill is awesome at dusk

yeah the top of the zig zag is good or anywhere along the escarpment, you can also try the lookout near bp on welshpool road (top of hill) would look great with sunset and metro areas in the background.

South:

Fremantle wharfs / near Little Creatures / around E-Shed Markets...too many places to mention

A very clean place which was my top secret place for about 4 years until the owners of cars I photographed there started telling others so now everyone else is doing it, is behind the CSIRO building in Bentley. Big loading area to work with, plus unlike most car parks the lighting there is daylight balanced (non tungsten) when it turns dark. I went there the other day to go shoot my Skyline, but they had some other stuff going on there so I didn't bother.

I like my work carpark in Myaree (cnr North Lake Rd / McCoy Street). Reasonably clean, big area to work with.

South Perth foreshore *yawns*

Garden City car park (any of them), though you'll only last until security kick you out. Sometimes you have hours, sometimes you only get 5 minutes to shoot there.

Or click here to see some stuff I did for club I use to associate with :Model / Car Photos

Taken around various place close to Perth (all within 25km radius) Cottesloe, Perth, car wash, Freo, Mt Pleasant foreshore...

I'm actually waiting to get the exterior & interior of my car finished before I do the model / car shoot of my car. Might be at the end of the year I hope.

south perth foreshore maybe with the city lit up in the background wud look sweet

Yep definately

Also some street lights along the southern tip of the foreshore, so its not pitch black =)

I've got a super bleh daytime pic, but use your imagination :D

post-9646-1207485439_thumb.jpg