SAU Community

R34 Gtt Help Please

Hey guys, I have a 1998 R34 GTT tiptronic and want to be able to increase power out put to 250rwkw and still be a reliable car...so far my mods are minor just a full exhaust system and pod...I have limited knowledge on cars but what do you guys think should be the next step and how much do you guys think it will cost me to acheive this.

My mechanic told me the next step is for a FMIC and EBC which he quoted about $1800 including labor.

Appreciate any help guys. i have been reading the forums but everyone has a different approach to there mods. Could you gimme some guidance as to also which sort of brand/parts to use.

Thanks Guys.

thanks for that Dan saw you r34 also. Too bad your getting rid of it...if i found it early would have considered buying it...Does you set up also include the front mount and boost that i was planning or scrapped? Also how much do you roughly guess all those parts you listed would work out to be...Also with the ECU which one are you refering to for this upgrade...Mine is tiptronic like yours so from reading all the other posts I assume the power FC is not what I looking at.

Thanks again

OK

yep a front mount would be needed...so basically the costing would be

FMIC - $600

GTR Fuel Pump $200

GTR Fuel Reg $50

Splitfire Coil Packs $500

Deatschwerks 550cc injectors (drop-in) $600

Z32 Air Flow Meter $300

HKS GT-RS (I prefer the 2535 though) $1400-$2500 (Age/condition complete kit or not)

ECU upgrade $500

Tune $600-800

Labour (DIY is more fun and less costly) $1200-1800

The only real option for the Auto is to use a daughterboard ROM...such as Bikirom or some of the Nistune ones getting around, or go piggy-back like e-manage for slightly less control of what's going on.

Yep it adds up quickly :whistling:

Check out my sig, u have 250+ right there..

Audio adds easy 100extra kws so maybe 350 if your lucky lol

Expect perhaps 7-8 grand.. You wont need a power fc but a emanage instead which ultimate would be the best expect 800 for it.. its not a cheap trip and who knows if its worth it but the smile it brings to your face.. well lets say I only get that smile when I drive or when I know im gettin sexy times.. its that good.

Edited by DECIM8

Thanks for the info guys, With regards to the GTR pump and regulator think I will try and source a second hand one but other parts maybe brand new as I said limited knowledge...With regards to the pump and regulator does it matter from which GTR or needs to be 34 model is there a difference...Also is it better to fork out a bit more and buy an expensive FMIC for the upgrade...Also with re to EBC...tossing between Apexi AVR-R (looks good) or GReddy Profec B spec 2 (looks like my timer)? I plan to get my work done @ Fussy's in lansvale but I am scared they maybe ripping me off. Do you guys know of any reliable mechanics able to help someone with limited knowledge like myself. There are unlimited number of FMIC's out there and someone recommended the Trust Spec M for my car...Thinking maybe fork out abit more for a HKS.

Oh Decim8 are you serious an Audio system can help with that much gain!?!? lol

Thanks guys

Edited by r34ftw

mamma mia

you made my day

even a girls know that

YES AUDIO MAKES UR CAR FASTER

(thats why planes have audio system in all seats)

lol

Thanks for the info guys, With regards to the GTR pump and regulator think I will try and source a second hand one but other parts maybe brand new as I said limited knowledge...With regards to the pump and regulator does it matter from which GTR or needs to be 34 model is there a difference...Also is it better to fork out a bit more and buy an expensive FMIC for the upgrade...Also with re to EBC...tossing between Apexi AVR-R (looks good) or GReddy Profec B spec 2 (looks like my timer)? I plan to get my work done @ Fussy's in lansvale but I am scared they maybe ripping me off. Do you guys know of any reliable mechanics able to help someone with limited knowledge like myself. There are unlimited number of FMIC's out there and someone recommended the Trust Spec M for my car...Thinking maybe fork out abit more for a HKS.

Oh Decim8 are you serious an Audio system can help with that much gain!?!? lol

Thanks guys

Edited by naomy

• 1 month later...

lol r34ftw they giving you shit...

in no way possible can an audio system give you extra kw.. best it can do is shuffle your car when your in neutral and you got two 1000W 15inch muthas on full ball...

or the mtx jackhammer 32inch with a porthole the size of your head...

but yes made me laugh all the same

My mechanic told me the next step is for a FMIC and EBC which he quoted about $1800 including labor.

:bunny:

Get a brand new FMIC kit for under $400 from any of the forum sponsors and Turbotech bleed valve $30. $430 sure beats $1800...