SAU Community

Using An R32 Gtr Gearbox In A Rwd Application.

So I'm doing an RB26 conversion on my S13. I have spent all my money on the engine setup and don't want to spend money on an R33 gearbox when I have 2x r32 GTR boxes sitting here already.

I've removed the transfer case already and all the internals that seem associated with it. What do I do in terms of the oil pump in the rear?

Any info from someone that has done this would be much appreciated.

cheers,

Greg

The oil pump is only there to clamp the wet clutch for the 4WD system. So the short answer is bin it.

Nice!!

Is there anything else I should be aware of??

i guess u cud bin bits and stuff around with removing the transfercase to save weight.

but just remove the front drive shaft between the transfer case nd front diff, nd u mite need a custom tailshaft/ use da gtr one if its da same length as the s13 driveshaft

All the inners that are associated with the transfer case have already been removed and the transfer case has been cut off as it probably wouldn't fit in the S13 tunnel with it still attached.

• 4 weeks later...
How would you keep the rear bearing lubricated in the transfer case?

I've done the same as GKTECH.

I also need to know this and any other info associated.

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

I have done it in my GTR, car is running 630rwhp and loving it.

I welded up the hole left by cutting off the tranfere case with 10mm ally plate then surfaced the gearbox and the tranfere case to be a perfect fit. I then put a litre of diff oil in the tranfere case which with acceleration and decelleration should keep the bearing oiled, they are not noisy yet and that included a thrashing all weekend at powercruise.

One thing to watch out for is make sure tou put the selector pivot back on the selector shaft the right way up, otherwise you will be pulling it apart to do it later, its simple mistake if your not paying attention. ie I did it on mine at around 2am when I should have been in bed instead of working on cars haha.

The oil pump is only there to clamp the wet clutch for the 4WD system. So the short answer is bin it.

incorrect you need it to lube the rear bearings. I have done about 6 of these now greg if you need one done. i just did one for type M in dandy.

this is one of many threads ive posted pics.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Rb...amp;hl=transfer

incorrect you need it to lube the rear bearings. I have done about 6 of these now greg if you need one done. i just did one for type M in dandy.

What's your number Trent?

I also need the motor built and I'm over waiting around for people.

Sorry my bad.

I assumed you were referring to the ATTESSA pump that plugs intot he back of the gearbox/transfer case.

The internal oil pump inside the gearbox should be kept.

• 4 months later...

I got mine done Also had to get a custom tailshaft made up. overall length between the gtr gearbox and gtst diff was 1084mm a fair bit shorter than the standard r32 gtst tailshaft.