SAU Community

My New Pride And Joy

Hey guys.

My Name is Vlad, and Sunday the 5th of April I flew to Melbourne to buy my first R33 Nissan Skyline, the flight was okay, the drive to the guys house was okay but when I got there I understood why I loved these cars so much this was the first time I saw my pride and joy and I fell in love with it. Two days before flying down I had Dr. Drift do a full inspection of the car, which proved to be worth the $150.00 I paid. He got it up on the hoist found no signs of accidents, ran it on the Dyno and found that the car is running lean, he said It needs a new fuel pump, and there is a hamming sound coming from the belt which he said could be the case they are too tight.

All in all the drive back to Canberra was boring as Shit, for my old man didn’t let me play any music off my phone, yeah that’s right I didn’t get a sound system with the car, nor did I get the wheels which I’m not too fussed about. As we were making our way back to Canberra I found the Clutch to be very annoying, it’s a button clutch so stopping wasn’t the problem having to take off was…lol. But I got the hang of it pretty quickly.

Once we got to Albury, and reached half way to our destination I could see my dad starting to like the car. He told me that the 750K’s that we are doing is like a test for the car if the engine F%$k’s out then we know that I just waist a lot of money. Any way got to Yass at about 6:00pm stopped at a servo to get some fuel looked at my back tires and saw that they were down to the canver, I was thinking to myself that holly shit when we left Melbourne they were fine and now they are almost about to pop. Anyway from Yass to Canberra I didn’t go over 90kmh…the fact that if it was to pop I had no tools and it was already dark. Finally made it home no problems, and for the last 2day I have been busy getting all the lights to work on the a/c unit, trying to get the clock to work, the driver’s side mirror, which I just found out is dead I need a new one, and getting all those really annoying stickers off, plus changing the rear tires with something a lot more safe. Hopefully my mechanic won’t find too much wrong with the car, he told me already that the car seems to be really good, and that I got a good buy. Pretty much the “to do” list now is get the Fuel Pump changed, get the hamming sound fixed form the belts, get a coolant flush, gear box oil change, and spark plugs done, plus fix up the interior, and defiantly get a better set of wheels.

By the way these are the pics of the car in Melbourne with the wheels on, and a soudn system, got none of that. Tell me what you think i paid $19,500, im sure you all can tell what mod's have been done to it, the engine however is stock apart form the front mount and the pod filter.

Regards Vlad

Hope to see you all around, and now you know my car so if you see me say hello.

post-27652-1207732475_thumb.jpg

post-27652-1207732618_thumb.jpg

post-27652-1207732638_thumb.jpg

post-27652-1207732668_thumb.jpg

post-27652-1207732682_thumb.jpg

this car was owned by someone on SAU wasnt it, remember seeing pics of it before. Nice buy

You had the right idea taking a passenger, i bought my skyline from Melbourne and did the same thing, flew down drove back and was bored shitless

this car was owned by someone on SAU wasnt it, remember seeing pics of it before. Nice buy

You had the right idea taking a passenger, i bought my skyline from Melbourne and did the same thing, flew down drove back and was bored shitless

Yeah the Car was up for sale on SAU, i had the right idea going with some1 but next time it's not going to be my old man...lol

Welcome to the Skyline family.

That car has had some serious money spent on the interior. The front seats are from a GTR and normally go for $1k second hand (I should know as I put some in my GTS-T).

wow it's very pink!! I like it! I bet you'll appear in the spotted thread quite a bit :)

congrats on the buy!

what rims are on it if you didnt get those ones?

wow it's very pink!! I like it! I bet you'll appear in the spotted thread quite a bit :)

congrats on the buy!

what rims are on it if you didnt get those ones?

The pink has really grown on me, at first I was thinking re-spray, but now the pink in the light just makes the car POP. I got stock R32 rims which have been painted black they look dodgy coz the black paint has come off so there black with bits of silver, lol. I want to go 20” deep dish, with a polished alloy lip, but lite weight I don’t really want heavy chrome wheels on it. Anyone know what offset is needed for the R33 GTRs I got bolt on spacers but, have been told to go with a bigger GTR offset.

Just so I'm clear...............

............ you're a guy right?

............ as in, you have a pen1s?

Because that car is PINK :)

at least he's still GOT a skyline.. unlike some of us :)

pinks cool!