SAU Community

Who Is Watching Scrapyard Challenge?

Duncan

haha I think I might be mostly talking to myself....but anyway

Tonight the beasts were robbed in the final!

Thieir rock crawler was much better but they lost in the end just because the length of their wheelbase was wrong for where the rocks were. the other guys with the crappy car but longer wheelbase got away with it.

at least that means next episode is one of their champion's challenges which are always godo

This is best show! Except the "junk" they bring in i doubt is real junk since for every episode they always get specific parts in there, so the show places those parts before each episode to make things fair and easier. I miss how in the first episodes none of the engines and batteries could barely work and took ages to get started now it seems they all run fine.

I watched the episode when they built the race cars. Well some of it.

The "expert" commentators were explaining how putting more weight over the rear wheels helped them grip better and caused the car to understeer.

It was at about that point I threw up and left the room.

This is best show! Except the "junk" they bring in i doubt is real junk since for every episode they always get specific parts in there, so the show places those parts before each episode to make things fair and easier. I miss how in the first episodes none of the engines and batteries could barely work and took ages to get started now it seems they all run fine.

been watching a lot of episodes on youtube way back from 98/99

they are the best cause the engines dont work properly etc

ahh well there's only so much you can expect from the commentators, it doesn't really take away from the amazing back yeard engineering they do.

jewjitsu I totatlly agree - especially since they moved to the newest scrapyard. I reckon they just have a better bdget these days and they run out of a set, not a scrapyard. every bloody motor or car they pull out these days work

• 2 weeks later...

duncan - your a mad dog how you love this show, i recon its cool as well! Def beats watching sport on weekends :thumbsup: Its also cool when they have to use guns i saw one where they had to build a little kind of tank and have to have air guns that shot out potatoes at the other machine it was funny, the commentator were expecting there to be damage a potato shot across like two football fields wouldnt do much lol (hope you could get your head around what i just wrote lol)