SAU Community

Z32 Ecu Into R33 Gtst

normally carry some changeovers in stock, but just waiting on new batch, should be here any day. Can also modify your actual ecu if preferred but takes a few days as I don''t have the smd work station yet. Normally looking around 2-3 hours drive in drive out for thorough tune with basic mods, obviously cam timing etc can take longer...

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bring up and old thread, but I was wondering if you are putting a z32 ecu into an rb25 and u get the 16 bit version you need a daughterboard that I know and then would u need two chips in order to run the tune? Cause thats what I have to do caus eI got the z32 ecu that is 16 bit so they told me I need two chips in oder to run it.

You should be able to use a 16 bit Z32 daughterboard to run an RB25 still since the ECU pinouts are the same, Nissan upgraded to a different processor (probably because of the Motorola/Hitachi lawsuit stopped them using the HD6303 MCU midway through production of Z32)

I would lean towards the 8 bit Z32 because more VVT control parameters have been defined if you wish to tune those. However I went through the 16 bit Z32 ROM last month and identified some more parameters to adjust since a few owners run nistune with these

hey im in the middle of doing the rb20 ecu with a rb25 tune chip on a rb25 but ive connected the computer and the car runs fine but no tacho just wondering if you need to change the tacho wiring on the ecu from pin 7 to pin 5 to suit the rb20 ecu

• 5 months later...
Maybe not that cheap @ approx $2000. :laugh:

should be half that, as of late have been doing the Z32 remps for $800 drive in drive out if you supply the z32 ecu ( or $950 if i supply it, as they are $150 at any wreckers)

there quite a bit of mis-information about exactly what needs dong but it is actually very simple and only requires simple pin swaps and the addition of a 02 sensor wire.

Edited by URAS

should be half that, as of late have been doing the Z32 remps for $800 drive in drive out if you supply the z32 ecu ( or $950 if i supply it, as they are $150 at any wreckers)

there quite a bit of mis-information about exactly what needs dong but it is actually very simple and only requires simple pin swaps and the addition of a 02 sensor wire.

IIRC I was thinking that that the 2K would include wideband etc etc.

Sure only requires a few pin swaps easy as.

EXCEPT the fuel temp sensor which needs a resistor wired to chassis ground. If this isn't done you get rich idle afr's and code 42.

Oh and cut wire at pin 33 or your exhaust temp light will come on with your air con.

Cheers.

Guys I'm a little lost here , are you saying that a modded R33 GTS25T computer can be made programmable and tuned via the Consult port just like any after market computer ?

I was under the impression that ROM chips had to be burnt and erased and reburnt time after time .

If all is now good is the software available for anyone to use ?

Cheers A .

Guys I'm a little lost here , are you saying that a modded R33 GTS25T computer can be made programmable and tuned via the Consult port just like any after market computer ?

I was under the impression that ROM chips had to be burnt and erased and reburnt time after time .

If all is now good is the software available for anyone to use ?

Cheers A .

Sure there are daughterboards out there that allow you to use nistune boards in the r33 ecu it's just that they're a liitle exy.