SAU Community

Race History of GODZILLA.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Parag0n

I Wish holden and ford did join NASCAR/AUSCAR instead... then bathurst could be fully riced up eh ? :)

It was riced up for a couple of years with the 2L cars (Lancers, WRX etc.) appearing trying to get something. nobody went though, so they got rid of them. nothing can beat the 5L V8's at the mount on race day. the atmosphere is intence

Originally posted by -Joel-

I've just grabbed my self a Bathurst Gibson Motorsport R32 GTR car Model, i'm now trying to track down a poster or two without success. :)

The Model cost me $160.

I bought the same model :(:D:D... what number did u get?

I got a link that might hel u out a bit aye....

This is just one of the pictures

have a browse round.... heaps of pictuers on there as u will find out =)

Originally posted by R32GTR

Excellent post Graeme. I'm sure we all appreciate the anount of time and effort it must have taken to complete it.

Cheers.

I've started working on the years 1984-1990 for the other Skylines; DR30 and GTS-R. They did some interesting things back then.

Cheers,

G

Now all you need is Nissan's racing history from KPGC10 GT-R to Le Mans to JGTC, LOL! It's great to see someone so dedicated to preserving history.

People who write books on the Grp A era are going to thank their lucky stars when they find that info posted above!

Cheers to you GraemeWi!

Originally posted by red900ss

Thanks for posting it user :)

That's going straight to the poolroom! :D

Reading it really brought back the memories of how varied the racing was under the Grp A rules. So much more interesting than watching the Falcodore dinosaurs...;)

If you dont like the good old Falcon's... then DONT WATCH IT!

I also miss the Ford Cosworth Turbo Sierra's that gave a challange to the GTR's in those days! Also an interesting fact is:

Sierra Cosworth Turbo - 680HP

V8 Supercars now - 640HP

its interesting that a turbocharged 4 cylinder was producing more HP than the current V8 race cars!

Originally posted by KDR33

If you dont like the good old Falcon's... then DONT WATCH IT!

I also miss the Ford Cosworth Turbo Sierra's that gave a challange to the GTR's in those days! Also an interesting fact is:  

Sierra Cosworth Turbo - 680HP

V8 Supercars now - 640HP

its interesting that a turbocharged 4 cylinder was producing more HP than the current V8 race cars!

The Sierra's had plenty of power but they didn't have that much in race trim. They may have been able to pull that using 3 bar in qualifying trim on the special fuels during 1987-1989 before CAMS moved to pump fuel.

From memory the Sierras ran around 530-550 hp.

Cheers,

G