SAU Community

New Model For Sale Section

with increasing numbers of V35 skylines and M35 stageas coming in, and nissan platforms now going to VQ engines and differeint interiors to the older R-series skylines, it seems SAU has grown and will continue to grow with many users having newer models each day

it was great to firstly see the V-series skylines getting our own section.

The V35 (coupe and sedan) is for sale everywhere now and the V36 is soon to follow.

Similar cars such as the Z33 350z, M35 stagea, fuga, and cima are also coming in more and more and ar e all based on the same platform

now what i propose has been discussed quite a bit already in the V-series section, and has even been suggested by funkymonkey as being a good idea that he has goign to impliment:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...t&p=3722046

the problem we have with our cars is that parts are more difficult to come by than for the R-series skylines. parts that are easily interchangible between R31/32/33/34 cars just don't fit the V35 / M35 / Z33 / Y50 or are more of a downgrade.

given the high turnover of threads in the normal for sale section, its almost impossible to find a thread for our cars even if it were available as we never look in there because its simply impossible to find parts

what i propose is that we have a dedicated for sale section for "newer model nissans" or simply for "V-series skylines" if you would prefer to keep the skyline name going. it would benefit all owners in the above groups and given that more and more people are buying newer nissans, this will ultimately benefit SAU as a whole and compliment the ever-growing V-series section perfectly

it could be set-up as per the current stagea for sale section, where is appears at the top of the regular for sale section but is linked to also appear at the top of the V-series section

I would be very keen to see what prank has to say about this idea, and what other mods feel about it

cheers,

Warren

Easy Warren, its a fair bit to stomach and think about.

I read it yesterday but im gonna let my brain think for a few days as probably everyone else is no doubt.

Suggestions, give them a good week... no real rush is there?

thanks duncan...

if you don't go ahead with it, and i can see some reasons you would consider to not go with it, can you give some feedback so that we can know why

i personally think its a great opportunity to help SAU grow

just think in 10 years time how many V35/V36/R35's will be on the road and coule benefit from this

cheers,

Warren

Not really - Thread discussing this have turned into looking at doing a total redesign the For Sale area in one big sweep after the new forum version which has been tested and will be released shortly according to the big C.

Changes will encompass some things you have mentioned above, but with many new added features/requirements for threads and so on at this stage.

I'd say it will stay "as is" for now until the new solution is designed/built/tested as its looking pretty interesting so far :blink:

For the interim weeks - no worries, just remember your restricting your view if people use the search though as most people will select the FS section when searching.

If it gets out of control though (5+ a week) we'll have to peg it back as the section will just fill with FS threads and nothing useful to yourselves

• 5 years later...