SAU Community

Bad Service At Auto Shop.

RubyRS4

I'm getting tired of shopping at these so-called auto shops, who tend to stock more non-auto gear than BigW or Target.

For example, one 'popular' auto shop booked me in to fit an alarm they don't even stock, despite advertising it being in stock. Then they wanted to sell me an even more expensive alarm, but wait, they don't have that one in stock either for another week!

They have no masking tape, caliper paint, RB25 specific plugs, oil drain pan, etc etc.

Last time I actually almost bought something they had in stock, the sales guy (seeing me waiting for counter service for nearly 3 minutes) serves some bimbo blonde first who just walked right thru the door. Yes, I made a fuss.

"No thats fine, you sell this rude cow that $9 tube of polish. I'll just leave these items here (about $90 worth of stuff) and take my money elsewhere turd".

Then I go to Supercheap and find everything I want there, at about 20% cheaper! I know where I'm shopping now.

Am I the only one who finds these bling-bling, (non-)auto shops aren't what they use to be?

*end rant*

:)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah some of these auto shops are pretty bad when it comes to stock or customer service....but i havnt had any problems with auto shops like autobarn, supercheap and repco.....auto sprints sometimes have some really good deals on good genuine gear.....

sorry rubyrs4 i just havnt had any problems with auto shops....but you never know in the near future...

it does piss ya off when this happens but you can't expect everywhere to be as helpful as you'd like, although it would be nice.

yes I too am sick of them. Nothing sh&ts me more than knowing what it is I want and then having some 17yr old kid trying to tell me that its no good the one they stock is better.. I have corrected them out loud on many an occasion..." kid...I have been building cars since before you were in kindergarten..."

Last time I actually almost bought something they had in stock, the sales guy (seeing me waiting for counter service for nearly 3 minutes) serves some bimbo blonde first who just walked right thru the door. Yes, I made a fuss.

Yeah that shits me too. Always happens at the local bottle shop too, if I had a pair of knockers I'd get prompt service but nooooo....

<joke>WTB Knocker sensors. Baha.</joke>

-D

I had alot of problems with one such place over an Intercooler because I thought It was going to be the quickest option I brought from **********, After over a month of f**king around and getting no-where, and dropping in after work every 3rd or 4th day, they tell me they cant get that sized intercooler through any company, since then I have found not just that sized intercooler but full systems made to fit a DR30 on Yahoo Japan from Greddy/Apexi every now and then and BRAND NEW:blink:

After all that f**king around they would only give me is store credit :down: which really sucks cos I dont want any of their other bling bling bullshit, I like my car looking original. So ended up just giving the store credit to my brother so he could get a new CD Deck and such.

I know where you are comming from Reuben, If you are after an alarm still try Ministry of Bass, did a good job with my car and an old work mates. Even with getting extra points installed on my imobilisor it was still way cheaper then the other quotes I got. they are a trader on SAU so look them up

it does piss ya off when this happens but you can't expect everywhere to be as helpful as you'd like, although it would be nice.

Problem is this one auto shop in Mile End is consistently bad! I only keep going back because its close to work and MAYBE they'd have what I want (including good service .. bah!)

yes I too am sick of them. Nothing sh&ts me more than knowing what it is I want and then having some 17yr old kid trying to tell me that its no good the one they stock is better.. I have corrected them out loud on many an occasion..." kid...I have been building cars since before you were in kindergarten..."

True. I often get told BS. I think they wanna sound like they know what they're talking about ... when they don't :down:

farkk

i was thinking the same cause i went to that shop other day also, is it closing down?? stock levels were very low even on simple things like polish, sandpaper

I also went to supercheap who i found extremely helpful scary

10 bucks its autobarn because the same thing happen to me TWICE told me they would have it in stock and fit it for me but NOPE waited 2 weeks, got my refund though.

you prob are correct.....Autobarn stuffed me around with my cooler till I had a massive spray at the manager.....i ordered my intercooler and they said it would be in after 2 weeks.....called them up and they said another 2 weeks....after a month i went in there gave the manager my piece of mind and wala got my intercooler in 3 hrs.....it gets better instead of giving me a Greddy M Spec cooler they eneded up giving me V Spec....I was like thats I aint paying anymore and thank you....

I didn't want to say the name. But it appears its obvious Autobarn have bad service and stock levels.

I don't think any of the guys take their jobs seriously ... with the exception of one bloke who I use to track day with. The guys are there to look at boobs and pretend they know what they're doing. :D

bahahaah yea same thing happen to me when i ordered my cooler except i said f u give me money back i cbf waiting anymore and yeah got my money back and went to isc ^_^

I was able to wait as my company at that time flew me interstate for about 6 weeks straight....back and forth every week....so i was only in adelaide for the 2 days or so lol....I am really happy with this cooler lol....

I didn't want to say the name. But it appears its obvious Autobarn have bad service and stock levels.

I don't think any of the guys take their jobs seriously ... with the exception of one bloke who I use to track day with. The guys are there to look at boobs and pretend they know what they're doing. :D

bahaha i get 10 bucks woot woot!

i think it was autobarn! but they tried to sell me non turbo brake pads and plugs! i was like mate, i said turbo and the dude tries to tell me there's no difference with non turbo and turbo parts!

autobarn need to decide if they want to sell performance parts or commodore/ford/caravan/trailer/whatever parts.

stick to one and do it properly, dont do a half assed job of both.

autobarn are doing a bit of everything which is where the lack in knowledge and service comes in....they have bit off more then what they can chew!!!