SAU Community

"natural" Guard Flaring!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Front are 18x9 -7 with 225-40 FK452s, Rear are 18x10 -0 with 235-40 FK452s.

post-32186-1210497226_thumb.jpg post-32186-1210497252_thumb.jpg

post-32186-1210497272_thumb.jpg post-32186-1210497293_thumb.jpg

that looks insanely hot...thanks heaps for that..

not cheap but worth it reckon.

Any comments on the D-max from Racespec though? Whether it's gonna be the same or not?

we were a bit sus if the d-max gear that empire euro were legit, cos they look like they've been pulled from the mould a few too many times (like the edges of the guards weren't quite 90 degrees to the rest of the panel)... but they assure us that they are originals... and also they're not as wavy as the viva stuff... either way is still needed a high fill, sand and stuff to get it looking mint. couldn't comment on what racespec sells, never seen or used em.

I got the BN kit from BN Sports in japan, cost a fortune to bring over. Sold it below cost cos I never got around to fitting it (just wasn't a reasonable kit for a road going car). In the meantime we comissioned a company to copy my kit... we fitted a couple... but at the same time and they sold copies to other companies without us knowing... so there's a few getting around now.

Having flared guards without the wheels to fill them would look pretty strange and imo homo.

definatley agree with this, but when i got mine fitted i told the guys that i wanted them to sit out from the body just slightly and they would set it up for me. also wouldnt stretch tyres over.

i wanted it to look very similar to the white 33 with the flared gaurds earlier in the topic but was told they wouldnt do it!

who will do it, and cant spacers bring your rims out more?

peace

Gez

Well, I got my guards slightly flare today for $120.00 (only the two back ones) - quite plesaed with the result... however, now I will have to get fatter tyres and spaced them out a bit.

Does anyone know of a good profile for 18 inch rims on a R33? Cheers.

depends on your offset dude...

go pull a wheel off (or crawl under your car if its stock ride height :P )and it'll be stamped / stickered on the inside

definatley agree with this, but when i got mine fitted i told the guys that i wanted them to sit out from the body just slightly and they would set it up for me. also wouldnt stretch tyres over.

i wanted it to look very similar to the white 33 with the flared gaurds earlier in the topic but was told they wouldnt do it!

who will do it, and cant spacers bring your rims out more?

peace

Gez

are you buying new rims?

its the offset not the setup...

you can use a spacer for a few mm but after that it becomes dangerous as the more spacer, the less thread...

the best way to do it is to use an offset calculator when getting new rims :P

someones been browsing zt.com :P

Yeah, I browse zt.com's wheel whore thread, but those weren't from zt. I stole the pics from zilvia.com's thread. :D

I always browse those two threads. Best two threads for wheel fitment info and pics. :D

Well, I got my guards slightly flare today for $120.00 (only the two back ones) - quite plesaed with the result... however, now I will have to get fatter tyres and spaced them out a bit.

Does anyone know of a good profile for 18 inch rims on a R33? Cheers.

pics?

did it affect/damage the paint at all?

hehe theres a build thread for that 32 in the body section, hickmaster r32 or something rather

Oh really? Thanks for letting me know, will check it out now...

Edit: This is his second 32 I think. He had a nice red onevia, sold it to get an R32, got over it, then bought I think it was an S14, then went back to the 32. haha. I remember asking him about his onevia's wheels specs, I didn't realise this was his car!

Okay, back to main topic.... :P

Edited by adam-__-

*FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP*

I wouldn't bother fapping over those gay homo offsets. Wouldn't touch those with a 10 foot pole...

pics?

did it affect/damage the paint at all?

Just an update to all - I finally spent some cash and got brand new tyres today which set out a bit more to fill the guards - looks tough as in my opinion...

To answer your question, R-SPEC - only the lower edges of the arch had some paint flaking off, but i touchd it up with some paint and it's barely noticable... i would definltey recommend this, although it's not a big flare, it's definitely a noticable difference. awesome.

are you buying new rims?

its the offset not the setup...

you can use a spacer for a few mm but after that it becomes dangerous as the more spacer, the less thread...

the best way to do it is to use an offset calculator when getting new rims :P

yeah already got some, they sit nicely with the body but still would like it to look a bit meaner lol.

how many mm do you think is too much? cause im looking at getting flared front fenders, only 30mm wider.

sorry about changing topic a bit btw.

cheers

Gez

Just an update to all - I finally spent some cash and got brand new tyres today which set out a bit more to fill the guards - looks tough as in my opinion...

To answer your question, R-SPEC - only the lower edges of the arch had some paint flaking off, but i touchd it up with some paint and it's barely noticable... i would definltey recommend this, although it's not a big flare, it's definitely a noticable difference. awesome.

Who did you end up getting it done by?

yeah already got some, they sit nicely with the body but still would like it to look a bit meaner lol.

how many mm do you think is too much? cause im looking at getting flared front fenders, only 30mm wider.

sorry about changing topic a bit btw.

cheers

Gez

I would say that anything more than 10mm spacers are too much if you're looking at only slip ons. If they're bolt ons then I wouldn't really care as long as they're hub centric.