SAU Community

suspension, what to go for if i do it?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

hey i have hks fully ajustable suspesion and hks camber tops they are great the car handles like its on rails and the ride is still good not to rock hard and to sloppy at all.. i have a 180sx its got 17's and the suspesion sits about half an inch off the tyres there cool but it all came with the car when i imported it but in perth a company called wilkinson suspesion set it all up for me and its great.. have a chat to them and they might be able to hook you up with some..

This is a reply I gave to another thread but it applies here.

If you are serious about getting your car to handle or too find out why it does not handle then there really is only one place and guy to go. Top Performance Koni employs Ric Kemp who is one of the top set up guys in the country at this time. If you go there at an arranged time you can take Ric for a drive (if you are smart you will let him drive it he will not be going hard just wants to feel the charateristics of the car) and he wil tell you what is going on and what you need etc. They will not rip u off nor tell you rubbish to sell you expensive stuff. They have just set up my GTR and it cost me heaps less than other places. They have the score on the board as they have set up some of the known motor sport team cars in this country as well as some of the fastest circulating street cars at local sprint days. These guys know their stuff and are not macho imbolsiles. They will help set your car up to really do the job you need it to do. Anyone is motorsport circles will know Rick and use him often.

It is up to you guys but for me if you really want to know what is going on and what to do about it too get the car to handle go see these guys. The improvments to my GTR is massive and the ride etc cannot be beat. The mods are small (king springs and Adjustable shockes (yellows) but they set the spring artes and bump and rebound to alter the charateristics of the car as it did not truly like the handling of the GTr (to much oversteer). The car now is incredably neutral with much greater turn in and almost zero oversteer on the exit. It is very flatering to drive.

Well thats the end of the add. No I don't owrk there nor own a share in it but they do know me well.

Mick

I ordered the Sports Pack (Shocks & Springs) from Whiteline last week, I gave them a ring today to make sure they got the order and that everything was ok, they told me that they have to get the springs made up and they get them made in Brissy then they send them to whiteline then they send them to you. They said it takes about two weeks for them to be made, but the problem is the Bilsteins they have to be shipped in from overseas because they have none in stock and there is currently a back order on them and they could take up to a month to get here.:D

Just thought I'd let you all know if you where planning on getting them for your self's.

ok went to centreline suspension in thomastown today (koni recommended them) and got the following quote

f+r koni sports shocks (adjustable)

f+r king springs

f+r whiteline adjustable sway bars

f whiteline castor bushes

f+r whiteline camber bushes

front whiteline polished strut tower brace (FREE, he threw it in)

all brand new, fitted and aligned with 2 year guarantee

what u guys think ?

oh and also, im a bit strapped on cash at the moment so if there is anything in that kit that you think i dont 'need' then please let me know, like im after good street handling and sometimes i will go to the drags but that isnt essential, and also want it lowered and looking good :D

cheers guys

I agree with Mick do the shocks and springs first they will cost you the most then you can get the other pieces later, one at a time if your strapped.

That's what I'm doing.

oh, he quot3ed $2655

so if i just go shocks n springs, what if my bushes etc are worn ? what do i do ? coz i think one of my sides of suspension are stuffed coz it makes funny noises, what should i routinly replace to get pretty much a 'full' shock and spring replacement with brand new stuff

Take it to pedders or centreline suspension in thomastown where you got your quote done and get them to check it all out shouldn't cost anymore then $20 then go from there, it saves a lot of guessing.

Sound like a excellent kit. Your car will feel totally different when it is all done. If you are like me you will just go for the lot, then spend the next 12 months paying it off while crying poor! Car will drive really nice though.

everythnig is stock on the car now, i dont have the money for the full kit at this time, so im gonig to do the shocks, springs and camber kits i think, maybe just the front camber kit for now, and do the rest later when i have more money,already paying the loan for the car dont need more debt :D