SAU Community

Restaurant Recommendations?

Do-Luck

Hey guys,

I'm currently in Perth for work, and just wondering where a good restaurant would be within or near West Perth?

Any help is appreciated.

Shane

Pretty sure he means somewhere to eat... :w00t:

Opus at the richardson is a bit pricey but quite good, I was working there when it opened. Left because my boss lied about how too many things that "were" meant to happen, but yeah some of my dessert menu is still around there :rofl:

I'd say thats more of a suggestion rather than recommendation because I've never actually dined there, but something to look at....

Haha, yeah I'm not AFTER work, I've got a well paying job that I love heaps. Was after somewhere to eat :w00t:

Opus at the Richardson you say? Might check it out tomorrow.

BTW, NOR = Northbridge?

NOR = North Of River

LOL Northbridge = totally different story;

asians, bums and all things alike that make the world go around

weekdays is a nice place to just eat somewhere, not the cleanest of places though...

weekends = party/clubbing district, definately see a few fights and funny sh*t is always happening if you're in the right place at the right time...

enjoy your stay mate...

let us know how it goes

Andrew :w00t:

Go to Leederville - there are a heap of places to eat, and no where near as dodgy as Northbridge. Sienna's is a personal favourite (but that MAY be coz my daughters love it)

for lunch in west perth...

'the red pepper' is a good place to get sandwhiches from - that is located in the foodhall on hay street.

also there is a place near the red cat bus stop on hay st called 'coast cafe' - they do good steak sandwhiches etc. http://www.yourrestaurants.com.au/guide/coast_cafe/

Outram street cafe is really nice too - usually packed out

if you want a swanky meal go to perugino which is on the corner of outram and murray street.

http://www.yourrestaurants.com.au/guide/perugino/

it has set menu meals and they are delicious!

another nice restaraunt is villa d'este

http://www.yourrestaurants.com.au/guide/villa_deste/

and julios is nice too

http://www.yourrestaurants.com.au/guide/julios_restaurant/

and there is a mini supermarket called City Provisions on hay street too :wave:

Heh, thanks guys, I'm here for a few more days, so will definately take some of the recommendations on board.

Ended up going to Northbridge to an Italian restaurant to eat last night, definately see what you mean about bums and asians around there :thumbsup:

C in perth city, on top of the aapt building. View is awsome and food is fantastic, pricey though... Or Essex street in fremantle if you want to go that far, "fillet gabriel" they have there is amazing

Edited by bnr#@

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Good news, inflexible middle aged driver and nav can get in OK, and probably, we can pass the "prove you can get out in x seconds if the car was on fire test" (yes, that's a thing now). Lucky Bob the Evo we hired a few years back had a similar cage and we could get in and out OK, although access to the back to chuck helmets etc in was a pain On to the bigger problem. A 32 coupe is not a big car, I'm not short, and the new regs require no part of the helmet is closer than 50mm to the top of the cage at the roof, and same distance between the outside of the side bar at the roof and the helmets.  Having had a good look at it, Kel's seat is OK because it can be kind of anywhere, so we can remake the mounts and get it down and in. Mine however is a problem. I can probably get it the required 80mm lower by removing the slide and fix mounting the seat (there goes Kel's ability to driver the car without a seat insert....) but worse I need to move the seat inward 50mm as well, meaning the pedals and steering wheel will be offset.
    • More seriously though....the combination of the difficulty getting parts to repair the car, together with the issues around tarmac rally reg changes have been the real thing that has kept me from putting the car back together. Firstly, it's really clear that my cheapy import race car is no longer cheap. Things like bonnets and front guards are NLA, not to mention intercoolers, radiator supports, rear bars, boot lids, the list is endless (speaking of which, I made a throw away joke to my japanese friend Tsuyoshi....who then turned up with a boot lid in luggage on his next visit, what a legend!) Bottom line, while I've got it fixed this time, there is a really high chance that next crash (small or large) will result in something I can't fix. Yes, there's no point having a race car that doesn't race, but it feels like the car is one minor incident away from being an unrepairable car that can't race. The other issue on my mind has been the upcoming changes to regs. The less important thing is that grandfathered cages will no longer be allowed; we've been running this car for about 15 years with a pretty basic 6 point cage with 1 diagonal in the main hoop.  New rules mean we need to add: * Second cross in the main hoop * Cross brace in the roof (close to helmets unfortunately) * 2nd side intrusion bar each side  * 2nd brace from the top to bottom of the a pillar So, I put all those extra bars in last weekend: Driver side Nav side
    • Yes! I joke with my wife that it’s a fancy looking Honda Jazz. It’s weird where they cheaped out on plastics but kept the electronics fancy. B Class gearbox can eat a bag of dicks. It’s terrible.
    • Finally got some time to work on it yesterday so I got cracking and made a bracket up to mount the ecu. It just fits in there with enough space to plug the harness in.  Got cracking on the rest of the harness and finished it up to realise I had forgotten a wire to power the DBW relay. So I'll be depinning it and running all spare wires through to another connector so they're easily accessible for future use. 
    • So there has actually been more progress than that, just not a lot. Firstly, I changed the DSF wheel bearing, finished up today.  I have been getting away with murder for years moving the car around without the drive shaft in (when the engine is out), however my luck ran out when the car was at the smash repair and the bearing separated while they were pushing it around. Since I don't know what damage if any was done to the actual bearing I figured safest bet was just to change it. So she has wheels and tyres back on, and on the ground for the first time in a while