SAU Community

R35??? Whats The Deal!!

CONAN

hey guyz/girls, im just wondering what the R35 GTR will look like? and what engines will be packed into it?

I've heard so many stories about this and that, and im not sure if theyre all rumours or not? (also made a few bets to my friend abt it :D )

I've heard its already sold in japan as a family car with four doors and a non-turbo engine? Because Nissan is losing money and they want to appeal to a wider market so they made it a family car? what the hell.

another, V8? or V6 twin turbo???

Will it have the four circle lights that makes skylines look so appealing!?

Is the shape and engine even confirm? or are they still deciding on it???

check this site out: I DONT BELIEVE IT!!

http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_...ts/4_02_nis.htm

thanks for the inputs in advance!!

Im not too sure about the site but so far i have only seen a short clip of the concept V35 GTR on one of the Mishief videos, it held a strong reesmblance to the Z at the front. Along with the rumours I have heard that its a twin turbo V8.

If i can figure out how to get screen shots of it i'll put up a couple.

i've read rumours that it'll be using the same block as the 350Z - which if it is should be very exciting as the VQ35DE cranks "only" 208kW. equip the twin turbos and the VQ35DETT should be seeing a lot more than the Jap limit of 208kW - maybe 300? :D

Also I think the GT-R will have the different shape than the link about... I'm guessing something cross between a R34 and the 350Z...it will be an outrage if the R35 GT-R doesn't have the tail lights!

I don't know why that article refers to the new skyline as an *R*35... when it's quite obvious that the new Skyline is a V6 VQ engine. It's V35 :D

Have a look at this thread...

It should tell you all the latest info up to July and some pics of the engine and other stuff.

in the new speed magazine it says the American's will get a V8 where as the aussie/ japan will get twin turbo V6 from 350Z. the concepts are all here and there! the V35 out in japan doesnt look nething like a skyline however the GTR is said to be just GTR not skyline GTR, and it is meant to have the Stove burners (hopefully) will be a killer when it comes out

>akeenan: TMS will be open to the public from 25th October to the 5th of November at the Makuhari Messe in Chiba.

>nismoman18: Would you be able to post up some scans of the article and pics of the Speed Magazine GT-R story? I've looked high and low, BUT I CANT FIND ANYTHING about a V8 "GT-R"!!!:( Some other members said they'd post some reports, but I guess they forgot.

No kidding, in Japan, there is NOTHING to say about a proposed V8 engine in a Skyline, let alone a GT-R... yet I hear rumours (especially from Oz and the US) that a V8 is a definate. Please could somebody shed some light on the source of the V8 GT-R rumour?

i think some JGTC r34 GTR race cars are already using VQ turbocharged engines, it is normal for a manufacturer to pass down race car technology to a road car i guess.

p.s they should bring in the V8 JGTC supra's to australia and battle it out with ford and holden