SAU Community

Black Skyline Freeway Accident???

Milo

A mate of mine was telling me that there was a wrecked Black skyline near the mounts bay rd on the freeway about 3:00 ish.

From his description it sounds like an R33 about '94.

Any one else kow any details.

My mate believes that the front (left?) wheel had come off and the rest of the car ploughed into the road demoliting and tearing off the front end.

Of course he may just be yanking my chain.

Yupp there was indeed a mangled black r33 on the freeway thisarvo - didn't see the actual accident so no idea of how it happened, but got a decent view of the aftermath from work (in QV1).

From what I could see it looked like the front wheel (and perhaps part of the axel) had been ripped off completely, the front was completely destroyed.

It looked like a single car accident but can't say for sure because I couldn't see the point of impact from where I was.

apperently there was also a roll over on one of the freeway entry's, which if it was leach highway, wouldn't suprise me, it was covered in oil or petrol as i discovered when i had to make emergency use of the handbrake to get my work car to slide around the entry instead of plow understeering straight into the curb....

shithouse FWD car..

Originally posted by XRW

apperently there was also a roll over on one of the freeway entry's, which if it was leach highway, wouldn't suprise me, it was covered in oil or petrol as i discovered when i had to make emergency use of the handbrake to get my work car to slide around the entry instead of plow understeering straight into the curb....

shithouse FWD car..

Hehe... I thought things were a little more slippery than usual this morning going down that on-ramp:

"Wheeeee.... oh.... ummm... uh oh... holy oil leak, Batman... UH OH.... aw cr@p!!!!"

Ditto on the FWD comments - I want 4wd! :uh-huh:

4wd would have only been marginally better if at all, rwd would have probally just resulted in looping it, oh well can't win them all..

i did notice there looked to be saw dust/sand all thew way down the ramp when i went past it heading south on the freeway this morn so maybe they actually figured it was worth checking out..

Yep I can also confirm this took place.... I am also in QV1 and had a great view of what was going on.... the traffic banked up all the way back to the leaderville train station on the freeway. It was what looked to be a black skyline but didnt look overly damaged but it did appear the wheel had come off causing a spin. He was blocking 3 lanes of the freeway whilst the toe truck tried to remove the car .... :)

Got on the freeway at Hay St just as it happen, ie. all the cars up to 200m ahead slammed on the skids just as I got there. The front tyre was cleared from the right lane just as I went past. It was a nice looking car, minutes earlier. It has a personalised black plate "AF 888" if anyone knows him. He seemed unhurt.

I am not sure which came first, the wheel coming off or the front right corner ploughing into the concrete barrier.

Haha got there relatively early for that Leach Hwy event. There was a nice sized pile up, 3-4 cars, when i got there and they had blocked off the onramp. Seems every1 coming down the ramp lost it and dam near ended up across the freeway. All they needed was some benny hill music.;)