SAU Community

My Results From My Upgrade On My Awesome R33!

evil_weevil

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Rich!

hahah yeah, I sence a failboat photo being posted because I failed at rotating lol hahaha

p.s. I still wanna drive the silvia!

yeah mate, you're welcome to anytime, but I think your beast may be faster than the silvia now! you might be dissapointed with my girly 230rkw next to your far more manly 260... but I guess the little silvia does have a weight advantage.

though thomas drove the silvia yesterday and it certainly put a smile on his dial.

Chubbs, someone said before that the reason you're loosing up the top end would be cause of wastegate (doubt that as it's brand new) or the Bov... the standard GTR Bovs are a great little upgrade for our cars and can hold a bit more pressure before releasing any air... and, although it's heresay and some say it's a straight out lie, our bovs are designed to leak just a little bit as standard... some say for smoother gear changes, I say I have no idea why :P

Might be worth looking into though :)

Man, your car just keeps getting better and better!

Cheers Doof!

Although Im not reallly fused at the moment about the boost dropping off - its just awesome to drive even on 14psi!

GTST - kit is everything - turbo, lines, bolts, studs, jap instructions lol

prices range from around 2.6k to 3k but I wont say what I paid lol

Oh, I even saw them advertised on a performance website for 3.5k!!

ouch...

If the gate came with the turbo (btw how much did the kit cost?) then I doubt its the wastegate as its designed for it.

It has to be the bov, get a greddy plumb back then you can adjust how much presure to hold much better option than any gtr bov as its a 10pound spring which youd require a little more. second hand same damn price.

Yavuz should know. You can test the bov by blocking it off with a piece of aluminium but it could just be the boost controller not set up right or not enough preload on the wastegate actuator.

Anyways, regardless, you wont care for a couple of months at least. :P:(:)

Very impressive power curve, chubbs. Hope to see it at the track day and hope that it won't be raining..

Rain = easy doooooooooooooorifto

Evil, The bleed off of boost is prob either due to wastegate (which I assume is external, so shouldnt be) or your BOV which is venting early. GTST ones does, if its aftermarket tighten up the spring and ull prob be right..

Gain would be controlling boost spike and it would be causing the car to jump from 12 to 14 .. you know the deal with spikes...

Hope that helps

no wrong.. you need to understand the mechanics of how it works and you will realise this is just because its a boost conrol issue. and nothing more.

wasnt aware that a "gtrs bolt on" evan had an option for a external waste gate :P

If the gate came with the turbo (btw how much did the kit cost?) then I doubt its the wastegate as its designed for it.

It has to be the bov, get a greddy plumb back then you can adjust how much presure to hold much better option than any gtr bov as its a 10pound spring which youd require a little more. second hand same damn price.

no wrong again.. dude learn how shit works THEN make a input on the issue.

this ones free :) a bov has a spring yes? it has one chamber with said spring pushing the valve closed with the engine not running.....

it has a chamber with a diaphram generaly twice the surface area of the valve its self..that is conected to the inlet manifold via a hose.. soooo that when the engine is running the chamber has manifold vacume acting on it..

and when its on boost it has boost acting on it.

so whatever your engine is doing the bov has either boost or vacume controling it. now.. when an engine is on boost, it has BOOST and THE SPRING keeping the valve shut.

ie: regardless of what boost you have the bov has BOOST and THE SPRING acting on the valve.... generaly at a 2/1 ratio. so with 10 psi on the valve diaphram it will require 20 pound to overcome the valve.. and thats without the spring!! so unless you have 30 pound boost in the piping and 10 in the manifold it wont leak.

the spring adjustment is there SOLELY TO ALLOW THE VALVE TO BE CRACKED OFF ITS SEAT AT IDLE. to avoid "flutter" and "reversion" on airflow meter equiped engines.

i use gtr bov on my engine. the bleed of at 12 pound, with no vac line attached. and with it ive no problems sealing 28 pound.....

chris your problem can be 2 things, most common is the actual setting on the boost controler. (if its electronic)

or the turbo is running out of puff. by looking at the graph id say is more the setting but could be the turbo reaching its limmit.

cheers :D

:thumbsup:

give him a break... he doesn't own a line anyhoo... :blush:

poor guy is driving zeddles these days... although I have spied his head being worked on atm :cool:

Sooooo Chris, back on topic.... how much more fuel are you going through seeing you are prolly spooling your turbo all the time atm!!! hehehe

I chewed through the first 2 tanks so fast just cause I wanted to hear the "whistle" all the time :D