SAU Community

Xbox 360.. The 3 Rings Of Death :(

Hey guys, so my xbox came up with the 3 rings yesterday and now its completely finished, my xbox has been chipped so I can't send it into microsoft for them 2 repair it, my warrenty has been voided. Just wondering if any of you guys know anyone located in melbourne who are able to repair my xbox, help much appreciated.

Cheers

Anthony

mine died yesterday, haven't had a single problem with it since day 1 when i got it at a midnight launch. But playing GTA on it the past few weeks it's been stuffing up occasionally and yesterday it finally bit the dust, ohh well not being a pirate FTW!!!

Hey guys

To fix this go on youtube and type in xbox 360 ring of death fix.

All it is you put 2-3 wrapped around the xbox 360 and turn it on, make it overheat(ie leave it like this for about 30 mins) take towels off and reset hopefully it will work.

Jamie

Hey guys

To fix this go on youtube and type in xbox 360 ring of death fix.

All it is you put 2-3 wrapped around the xbox 360 and turn it on, make it overheat(ie leave it like this for about 30 mins) take towels off and reset hopefully it will work.

Jamie

This is a sort of fix that will allow it to run for another week max!!

Its stupid and a real fire hazard.

Hey guys, well i got my problem solved I found a guy who lives 15 minutes away from me, I dropped my xbox off to him yesterday, going to take around 2 weeks he said, $135 all up which I think isnt too bad considering his going to replace the parts inside and not some dodgey job comes with 3 months warrnty aswell.

2 weeks fark thats ages, why dont you see what MS charge might be cheaper and they fix these things in a day. So many people stress out about it i dont see what the big deal is, send the thing off wait a week and then play. They have put a huge amount of money into making sure these things leave in a reliable condition.

They have put a huge amount of money into making sure these things leave in a reliable condition.

lol. thanks for that. I needed a good laugh this arvo......

lol. thanks for that. I needed a good laugh this arvo......

Yeah that does sound stupid after reading it a second time.

But seriously they have put big dollars in warranty/parts etc for reliable fixed consoles.

The best fix for the RROD is to send it to the modchip guys in Melbourne and have them disassemble it, bake the mainboard (no shit) and put it back together. When done properly, it is really good.

these sniffing geek heads with out jobs playing 10hrs of xbox a day think its the end of the world when there xbox dies get all drepressed cos they have to share B.O. odor with another geek playing there xbox to so they get the sence of fullfilment for theday.

damm geeks. get some deoderant and some pimple cream... and stop snufling ya nose.. use a fvcking tissue already.....

I had a 360 fixed by some computer guys at South Melbourne market... they cut a dirty great hole in the side and bolted a fan to it... it worked like a dream... and then died again 2 days later

got a PS3 now... sooo quiet you barely know its on and you don't have to take the disks out with oven mitts on! clearly the better made console... but it took me 3 (if you count the repair) 360's to come over to the dark side

I had a 360 fixed by some computer guys at South Melbourne market... they cut a dirty great hole in the side and bolted a fan to it... it worked like a dream... and then died again 2 days later

got a PS3 now... sooo quiet you barely know its on and you don't have to take the disks out with oven mitts on! clearly the better made console... but it took me 3 (if you count the repair) 360's to come over to the dark side

Theres your mistake you took it to the markets.

The ps3 is definately a better made console in terms of reliability there bullet proof, with the best blu-ray system available

however with alot less games (especially AAA games) and those 3rd party games not looking or performing as well, see below for proof

http://au.gamespot.com/features/6191251/in...;om_clk=topslot

Edited by Pattygtst

I rang microsoft today about mine breaking, should get the email in a day or so, i'll send it off and get it back in 5 - 10 days so i'm not really worried.

Theres your mistake you took it to the markets.

The ps3 is definately a better made console in terms of reliability there bullet proof, with the best blu-ray system available

however with alot less games (especially AAA games) and those 3rd party games not looking or performing as well, see below for proof

http://au.gamespot.com/features/6191251/in...;om_clk=topslot

I wouldnt be taking those posts on that forum as gospel....alot of fanboyism crap if yopu asked me. Just browsing through some of the comments and some guy was going on about metal gear solid 4 coming to 360 and raving on about DVD9 discs like there new. Take that website and IGN with a grain of salt and make your own opinion.....