SAU Community

Servicing In Syd

wrcboi

hey denis,

sorryto hear that man.

i thought of Toshi, but the way he coommunicates and answers my queries doesnt make him sound like a good tuner, i wouldnt go to him.

although he is cheap, id rather pay a little more to get the job done right.

Most likely some of your posts will be deleted,

MODS: Could we not make a nsw section which gives us the ability to post a vote app so we can rate the service we got, no reason *unless via pm* and is not un reasonable. No doubt you can record peoples votes and if they vote 0/100 - 50 times for say Bob garage then they have to supply 50 records to claim they actually went 50 times. This seems like a fair idea which cannot land the owner in trouble as there can be no comments.

Just an idea

FYI road tunes are crap! Not to say toshi isnt doing a good job but you have no idea on the power curve, for example if you want it high accleration how are you going to tune that without launching 50 times. dyno helps alot more.

Trust me, been there done that!

Edited by DECIM8

Toshi is great and I reckon road tunes are the way to go .. real life driving conditions, not just spinning your wheels under simulated load on a friggin dyno. We've just had some bad luck and ... preparation I guess (should've checked the ign. timing before we started)

What's the point of a power curve created on dyno if the car doesn't behave like that on the road?? What about response when you're breaking/speeding up ? Can't do that on dyno ... Anyway, don't wanna turn this into dyno vs road tune debate. Just wish we'd prepared a bit better that's all.

Mind you, none of this is Toshi's fault .. any tuner would assume that you haven't screwed around with the ign. timing to start with. All my troubles started when i took the car for a timing belt change and gave it to the dealer I bought the car from (northshore prestige) who then outsourced the job to another shop without my permission - stay away from there if you want anything done properly, they've failed so miserably on numerous occasions.

Edited by Delta Force

Thank god .. the ign. timing was actually 17deg as I had it checked by Unigroup so all's good and the new ecu is in. Car feels significantly faster and more responsive with remapped ecu.

Off to unigroup again in an hour or so for a power run on their dyno. Gonna test both old ecu and new one and compare results. If anyone's interested in the results, let me know I can scan them and upload here.

yeah unugroup seem like a good bunch of guys ..definately the best shop I've been to so far out of all the ones mentioned earlier. I'll scan the results for ya tommorow. cheers

Hi Marc,

Any of these can look after your car with care

Hills - at $110/Hr

Croydon " "

John or Ben at Unique Auto Sports < $95/Hr

Alli or Robert at Powerplay < $90/Hr

Steve at Just Jap " "

Steve at Penrith Repco " "

Steve at Steve's Auto Barn < $80/Hr

All are experienced with Skylines and most own one or two

Cheers,

Terry former owner of 1600, 180B, 240K, C210, HR30, Silhouette, R33 GTR, & now the cars on the left hand side

PS I personally don't know about the others on the posts above, but they could be OK too.

ooo..

guys and girls...

if anyones keen to teach me how to do a spark plug, oil filter and oil change for mynext service it would be greatly appreciated...

i dont mind paying for your time!

If your willing to come down to Picton I'll show u how to do it.... No charge, maybe a beer at the pub afterwards :D

If your willing to come down to Picton I'll show u how to do it.... No charge, maybe a beer at the pub afterwards :happy:

Beer? Thought there might be a catch...

Maybe a kiss is more like it - since he asked for guys before he said girls...

Hi Marc,

Any of these can look after your car with care

Hills - at $110/Hr

Croydon " "

John or Ben at Unique Auto Sports < $95/Hr

Alli or Robert at Powerplay < $90/Hr

Steve at Just Jap " "

Steve at Penrith Repco " "

Steve at Steve's Auto Barn < $80/Hr

All are experienced with Skylines and most own one or two

Cheers,

Terry former owner of 1600, 180B, 240K, C210, HR30, Silhouette, R33 GTR, & now the cars on the left hand side

PS I personally don't know about the others on the posts above, but they could be OK too.

do you know wheres auto barn, powerplay, unique auto sports and just jap are?

If your willing to come down to Picton I'll show u how to do it.... No charge, maybe a beer at the pub afterwards :P

hmm... thanks mate will keep that in mind.. probably next time ...kind of busy with work...just looking for a good and cheap job

I also recomend advan beleive me they are not dodgy i had my car tuned from a different tuner dont think i am allowed to mention who he was but he only managed to get 170 rwkw considering my mods i thought that was crap mods are- to4e turbo external gate aftermarket top mount manifold 550cc injectors plazmaman front facing plenum bosch 300 lph intank fuel pump 3.5inch cat back exhaust pod filter fmi ems stinger 4 ecu 15psi, when i took it to advan for a diagnostic he couldnt beleive the guy let it out of the workshop with that tune so i left it at advan for acouple of days and when i got it back with 210rwkw out of my internally stock rb20det (r32 gtst) i was over the moon,

point to my story Advan are definantly not dodgy.

Edited by jap32r

• 4 weeks later...

anyone know if powerplay have moved or changed their number? i been calling them for the past 2 weeks to make an appointment for a 5k km service but no one been answering the phone