Metal Gear Solid 4

Pattygtst

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well i hope he already caught up on the larger AAA games on his 360 before he got rid of it like Ninja gaiden 2, saints row, Bioshock, Halo 3, Gears of war, TC las vegas, forza 2, tc advance war fighter 1 & 2, project gotham racing 4, splinter cell double agent, prey, dead or alive 4, condemned.... and multi plat like gta4, assasins creed, pro evolution 2008, Oblivion, fear, call of duty 4, The orange box, devil may cry 4, virtual fighter 5 and future games like Resident evil 5, star wars unleashed, gears of war 2, soul caliber4, ufc 2009, fallout 3, far cry 2, mortal combat vs dc, left for dead, Fable 2, dead space, project origin, saints row 2, tom clancys end war, halo wars, splinter cell conviction, Alan wake, bioshock 3, fight night rd 4, mass effect 2, prey 2, star ocean the last hope, mass effect 3, Aliens.

A few games in there i wouldnt classify as AAA... Like Ninja Gaiden 2 and Saints Row? Ive owned both (still own NG2) and i personally wouldnt rate them that highly... Ninja Gaiden 2 seems quite dated... it doesnt really look any different the Sigma, and in terms of story/graphics in comparison to DMC4, DMC4 shits all over it... Saints Row didnt do too bad, only because there was no GTA out at the time... its gonna be interesting to see how big SR2 is now that GTAIV is out...

and some games youve mention:

(by TC Las Vegas do you mean Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas?)

Splinter Cell Double Agent

RE5

Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Soul Calibur 4

UFC 2009

Fallout 3

Far Cry 2

Mortal Kombat vs DC

Dead Space

Project Origin

End War

Splinter Cell Conviction

Fight Night Round 4

Aliens

Have all been/Are all being released on PS3 aswell...

If your going to argue on his intelligence because of what he missed out on, it might be smarter to only list exclusives... as hes not really going to have a problem with the multi-platform games...

On Topic: I dont see the point of getting rid of his 360 for MGS4...? Why get rid of the 360? why not keep it and own a 360 and PS3? its not as if theres no decent games on/coming to 360...

Although, MGS4 is one of the best games ive ever played.

I have one already, although does it have a hdmi port on it? As i got mine on launch and it did not come with it back then?

Nope no HDMI its a launch model too

So i think it was a bad decision, but each to there own.

Yes... each to their own. I made the decision to sell my Xbox 360 earlier this year because the games on the PS3 interested me more.

On Topic: I dont see the point of getting rid of his 360 for MGS4...? Why get rid of the 360? why not keep it and own a 360 and PS3? its not as if theres no decent games on/coming to 360...

Same reason as me - choice in games. Sure theres descent games on/coming for the 360 but then there are ones that interest me/him more on the PS3 - I was sold on a PS3 just for GT5 and MGS4 and the thought of FF13 sometime haha anything extra that catches my interest is a bonus. I was originally sold on a 360 for Forza 2... Halo 3 was a bonus and other games I played was rented nothing else wow'd me enough to be purchased that was when I looked at the future lineups of the PS3 and GT5 tipped me over to the dark side away from the green side :/

has anyone played through the second time? When you do, do you get to keep the guns from the first run? I just tried and on both difficulties, I don't seem to have anything but a knife and ration. Makes me wonder how people are managing to use the rail guun against the other bosses.

has anyone played through the second time? When you do, do you get to keep the guns from the first run? I just tried and on both difficulties, I don't seem to have anything but a knife and ration. Makes me wonder how people are managing to use the rail guun against the other bosses.

After completing the game, Otacon explains that you get to keep everything and take it over to a new game, but you dont receive them until meeting Mk.II for the first time.

After completing the game, Otacon explains that you get to keep everything and take it over to a new game, but you dont receive them until meeting Mk.II for the first time.

ah isee...thats why I couldn't see anything right at the start. I'll give it a try on Big Boss Extreme and see if I can get the silly emblem.

Still playing it, absolutely love it.

I've got a 360, PS3 and Wii so not being biased.

Never played any previous MGS games.

But this is seriously one of the best games ever made. On par with the original Halo and LoZ OoT.

Still playing it, absolutely love it.

I've got a 360, PS3 and Wii so not being biased.

Never played any previous MGS games.

But this is seriously one of the best games ever made. On par with the original Halo and LoZ OoT.

Do you understand the storyline? I must admit I never played MGS2, there are a few bits and pieces that I dont fully understand

But anyway finally finished on big boss extreme in 4hrs 22min and got myself the big boss emblem and all the gun goodies :) now just gotta get me the rest of the emblems and I'm finished. It was hard and very frustrating on extreme :)

the game is amazing, im waiting for uni holidays so i can sit down and try go through it again with no kills and no alerts :D

does anyone have a link to what prizes you win for doing certain challenges in the game?? or an electronic copy of the game guide??

I must say, some of the story is twisted, and takes a while for you to get your head around. However after enough pondering I'm understanding it.

I better finish it this weekend; since the game is so much like a movie, I can't wait to see how it all pans out =D

Do you understand the storyline? I must admit I never played MGS2, there are a few bits and pieces that I dont fully understand

But anyway finally finished on big boss extreme in 4hrs 22min and got myself the big boss emblem and all the gun goodies :D now just gotta get me the rest of the emblems and I'm finished. It was hard and very frustrating on extreme :banana:

Ok i just finished it, so i can give my final verdict.

The games cut scenes graphics are just WOW, dont think we will see anything close to that anytime soon on the ps3. In game graphics are good but i have seen better in other games on a smaller scale and i guess thats where it counts. Now this is the first MGS game i have played so i was not used to the controls and didn't know alot of the things i could do so that may have affected the gameplay greatly for me, but i did not see anything marvelous about the gameplay. I found it to be irritating and the camera movement was frustarting at times.

I watched through every scene, and can i say i have never seen anything so corny in all my life in a videogame. Some of the interactions between NPC's was just stupid really. The story was a bit confusing for me as i hadn't played through any before but i got the jist of it. Very strange indeed.

Overall i give it a 9/10

• 2 weeks later...