SAU Community

Few Dyno Run Vids Of The New 26 And K5-660r

Given its a hub dyno what sort of "correction factor" do we need to take into account to make a comparison to say a dyno dynamics dyno.

Typically I've seen hub dyno's read around 10% higher - would I be on the right track?

not really, quite a few cars from dyno dynamics shops read way over mine or the more reliable shops will run within 3-6kw, the dynamic test systems dynos like rank rotary and russell performance both read 10-15kw over mine.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice, looks like fun - how much boost is it running to do that?

Something I'm not too sure about however is that last comment - especially performing anywhere near as good? Can you elaborate please, I certainly can't see anything on that dyno plot which shows it having anything over a GT3582R - what I see on that plot is a car making GT3076R power with GT3582R lag. At this stage I have not met anyone who have had reliability issues with a GT3582R yet and have various mates using them for circuit racing at quite high boost levels, making much more power than what you have posted in this thread... and if you have had a Garrett BB failure because of contamination it wouldn't be the turbo I'd be criticising.

At this stage it looks like you can buy a 6boost manifold and a GT3582R for the same price as just a K5-660R by itself, so I am at a loss for what the advantage is? Please bare with me, you must expect being questioned if you are going to make such statements - the Blitz/KKK turbos are definitely a minority amongst the tuner turbos so if someone comes up with one on their car, and makes wild claims about performance it definitely makes one want to know more about it ;)

Cheers.

i should probably add i sell/ fit and tune 10 garret GT3540 to every other turbo due to sheep mentality or pure bugetary restraints, i like the gear and it offers the BEST VALUE but definately NOT the BEST PERFORMANCE. i must admit my favourite baby SR turbo atm is the GT28RS 200-240rwkw over anything else on the market be it blitz, trust hks etc... so i am not anti garret ;)

not really, quite a few cars from dyno dynamics shops read way over mine or the more reliable shops will run within 3-6kw, the dynamic test systems dynos like rank rotary and russell performance both read 10-15kw over mine.

Oh OK - were the dd's in shootout mode?

Cheers,

i should probably add i sell/ fit and tune 10 garret GT3540 to every other turbo due to sheep mentality or pure bugetary restraints, i like the gear and it offers the BEST VALUE but definately NOT the BEST PERFORMANCE. i must admit my favourite baby SR turbo atm is the GT28RS 200-240rwkw over anything else on the market be it blitz, trust hks etc... so i am not anti garret :D

Yes, the Forced Performance turbo equivalent of the Garret GT35 also shows up the Garrett as being inferior based on these back to back tests:

http://store.forcedperformance.net/merchan...y_Code=Turbo-FP

i should probably add i sell/ fit and tune 10 garret GT3540 to every other turbo due to sheep mentality or pure bugetary restraints, i like the gear and it offers the BEST VALUE but definately NOT the BEST PERFORMANCE. i must admit my favourite baby SR turbo atm is the GT28RS 200-240rwkw over anything else on the market be it blitz, trust hks etc... so i am not anti garret :D

Absolutely, I can see that - ditto with being not a Garrett fanboy... but I like to have the advantages pointed out to me why turbo xxx is better than turbo yyy when it has been stated that way but there is no obvious proof. For what its worth, your dyno plot for 340kw @ wheels looked HEAPS like a mate of mines running a .82a/r GT3582R on his RB26DETT with very similar mods. He ran 371wkw on a Dynapack hub dyno running 20psi in a GTR with pretty similar spool. Definitely sounds like the Blitz beasty is a decent unit.

And on average from results I've seen (and I always run on Dynapacks so making my kw smaller isn't really in my ego's interest) Dynapacks read about 10% lower than Dyno Dynamics, though it seems there are the odd DD dynos that read quite high - there are always exceptions to the rules depending on who has set it up etc.

Edited by Lithium

though it seems there are the odd DD dynos that read quite high

yeah, seriously now i run any serious customers car up before i work on it to get a base line.

Trent do you actually do any tuning or spanner work? looks to me that you spend too much time on the internet

i only bash keys whilst on the phone or orgainsing parts etc.... stupid customs... got a container of front cuts and engines coming and there is way to much office time involved.

Hope you dont mind Archie.... :P I had a HKS Low Mount T04R manifold etc ready to try a T04Z, but Archie's car changed my ming about running one on a 2.6L. Dont know the exact spec of the engine but it had std cams and displacement, though it was running forged internals. Turbo was... http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Rb...tml&hl=T04Z

By no means was it a dud, but it definitely is a BIG single when it comes to how it drives