SAU Community

Stagea M35 *looking To Buy*

Dreamah

I have experimented with various driving styles, both lead footed and very conservative. If I drive like a bat outta hell, i'll only get 5km's per litre, or about 400kms per tank. When I drive light footed on a near full tank, i'll get about 7-7.5km's per litre, or about 560kms per tank. This is all in city driving.

My car is also pretty much stock with only Bilsteins shocks and springs

Thanks for your advice PRIMO, I will look into the O2 sensor.

Andy, my car rolls fine in neutral, as good as any other cars Ive owned. Going down Mooney Mooney bridge in neutral it absolutely flies.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

damn that sucks about the fuel economy!! thats gonna kill me. i need something better than the S15 in economy lol

then again the A-RX weighs more than my 250t, but not by much.

maybe your O2 sensor is stuffed? how many ks does yours have Eugene?

hey Ian,

My cars done just over 50,000kms but judging by the wheel bearing failure, it may have done more..

Bet you cant wait till yours arrive. We should organise a stag cruise for Sydney siders.

I have experimented with various driving styles, both lead footed and very conservative. If I drive like a bat outta hell, i'll only get 5km's per litre, or about 400kms per tank. When I drive light footed on a near full tank, i'll get about 7-7.5km's per litre, or about 560kms per tank. This is all in city driving.

My car is also pretty much stock with only Bilsteins shocks and springs

Thanks for your advice PRIMO, I will look into the O2 sensor.

Andy, my car rolls fine in neutral, as good as any other cars Ive owned. Going down Mooney Mooney bridge in neutral it absolutely flies.

Might have to meet up one day and do a Roll Off! need to work out if it is just what these cars are like or there is some binding.

Don't get me wrong, it rolls all right but my subaru will roll to a faster speed down my street than the stagea will. It may be perfect but I just don't know for sure.

MXFLY you must have a problem definatly with your fuel economy definatly try replace your O2 Sensor. Or take some lead out of your right foot lol

My Axis Turbo 4wd as stated before in good tune i get 11l per 100klm so for the size of car its actually not bad considering turbo 4wd also.

this is city and highway driving here in japan

Hi Primo,

when you say good tune, are you using and aftermarket ecu?

thanks

Might have to meet up one day and do a Roll Off! need to work out if it is just what these cars are like or there is some binding.

Don't get me wrong, it rolls all right but my subaru will roll to a faster speed down my street than the stagea will. It may be perfect but I just don't know for sure.

Andy,

There are a few factors that can affect the rolling resistance of a car. Type of tyres used, tyre pressures, wheel alignment (toe in or out, camber, etc) , wheel bearing condition, cargo load just to name a few.

Where do you live? Im happy to meetup sometime :P

Im around Hornsby area.

tell me how are you Calculating you feuel economy

best result and accurate should be

full tank fuel reset your trip meter go as far as you want on the tank refuel it at any stage after you have used half a tank make sure to see how many litres of fuel you then put in divide the ltrs buy the amount of klm that is then on you trip meter then times by 100 should be how many ltres/per 100klm you get

Also note ihave found the last 1/4 of tank to hold approx 30ltres of fuel it goes eway past empty ...

cheers, Phil

Eugene im up for a meet when i get mine!

we can see whos is faster :) you got more weight and larger rolling diametre hehe

my M35 will have 80,000km on the clock. lets hope its not more! the pedals dont look very worn at all, and none of the leather is worn on the steering wheel or gear selector. so hopefully a good indication

tell me how are you Calculating you feuel economy

best result and accurate should be

full tank fuel reset your trip meter go as far as you want on the tank refuel it at any stage after you have used half a tank make sure to see how many litres of fuel you then put in divide the ltrs buy the amount of klm that is then on you trip meter then times by 100 should be how many ltres/per 100klm you get

Also note ihave found the last 1/4 of tank to hold approx 30ltres of fuel it goes eway past empty ...

cheers, Phil

Your description is very similar to how I calculated mine as well.

I have noticed the fuel gauge is not entirely accurate. One time I ran it until what I thought would be nearly empty. The yellow fuel warning light had been on for over 50kms when it first lit up and the needle was below the "E" indicator. I then filled the tank right up and to my surprise, it only took 73 Litres of fuel, which meant it had 7 litres left in the tank. But regardless of that, I still only manage to get about 550kms on a presumed full tank of fuel.

I've also spoken to the dealer where the car was purchased as he drives an M35 himself. He confirmed with me that he does about the same mileage with his car as well.

I'd love to get the mileage you guys are getting. Would obviously save me a shitload of coins per year.

Andy,

There are a few factors that can affect the rolling resistance of a car. Type of tyres used, tyre pressures, wheel alignment (toe in or out, camber, etc) , wheel bearing condition, cargo load just to name a few.

Where do you live? Im happy to meetup sometime :)

Im around Hornsby area.

Tyres = bridgestone Regio

Pressure = Front 38, Rear 36. was running higher but made no real difference to economy

No cargo

I live at west Ryde so meet up would be good. I will see if I can get Jetwreck in as well as he is up your way.

I am doing the fuel economy off the computer at the mo but I will check it by calculation next time. I always fill to ut off. (fill up every tuesday/Wednesday)

Cheers

Andy

youre in west ryde and i havent seen your car?? im in denistone east and i shop at woolies down your way. weird!

do you guys use 98? the car ony needs 95 from factory, so till fuel comes down (i bet it wont) then ill be using 95 only. E10 probably, the cars will take it.

youre in west ryde and i havent seen your car?? im in denistone east and i shop at woolies down your way. weird!

do you guys use 98? the car ony needs 95 from factory, so till fuel comes down (i bet it wont) then ill be using 95 only. E10 probably, the cars will take it.

Interesting too because I have not seen 1 other NM35 on the road before, and now it seems there's more running around in Syd.

i have always used 98 fuel, never used less before.

same, have not even seen 1 on the road, only what ive test driven at dealers. didnt even know one was in the next suburb to me! damn now i wanna go search for it

dont worry andy im not about to stalk you, i got no time or petrol to do that :)

I only use 98 in mine...don't want to take this risk with lower octanes....just remember our max is Japan minimum.

Don't piss yourself laughing either but I am lucky to get 15.5lt's per hundred.....but then again I am running 15psi and it does get a good hit at least twice a day....gotta keep the cobweb's out.

P.S. Amazed I have only seen Andy...I live in Westleigh and drive through Meadowbank and Ryde to get to Rhodes everyday.....keen to catch up with every one one day.

farrrrk i want an axis stagea now!!

it sounds like your getting way better economy than my hilux surf..

do you think a go kart will fit in the back of a M35??

it just fits in the Surf with the rear seats folded down.

do you think a go kart will fit in the back of a M35??

it just fits in the Surf with the rear seats folded down.

I've sussed that out already and yes you can fit a gokart easily with the rear seats down. A Stag has more room than a Surf does as I've owned one before as well.

95 might seem cheaper but i think in the long run you should find better mileage out of higher octane hence better value for your dollar not to mention benifits to your motor

i always use 98 octane and i get around 12.7L/ 100kms and thats pretty much driving like a grandpa. m35 rx four its got 75000kms standard apart from 'TEIN' shock and springs all round.

should i replace the O2 sensor? what else can i check or replace to gain better fuel consumption?

cheers

i always use 98 octane and i get around 12.7L/ 100kms and thats pretty much driving like a grandpa. m35 rx four its got 75000kms standard apart from 'TEIN' shock and springs all round.

should i replace the O2 sensor? what else can i check or replace to gain better fuel consumption?

cheers

Not much I cant think of besides these.

- keep air filter clean

- check tyres are at optimal pressure

- wheel alignment

- keep fuel filter clog free

- injector flush maybe

- check calipers (or pads more like it) are not dragging on the rotors

Or even use an aftermarket ecu for fine tuning. I think Emanage makes a loom for these cars.

On any JDM car especially the VQ25DET run only 98 RON fuel as the image below is the Emissions Label direct from my evidence and it should be fitted under your bonnet, the label is taken directly from Nissan's specs on the motor.

Even when I don't run 98 in my PV35 or VQ45DE Cima you can notice the difference and some times hear it pinging away.

post-5805-1214480014_thumb.png