SAU Community

Stagea M35 *looking To Buy*

Dreamah

thats weird because on the nissan japan website the fuel required says 95RON, so unless they use the same rating as the US, something weird is going on!

that said, i DO agree with using 98 anyway, even with my euro i noticed a difference. i guess ill worry about that when i get there.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not much I cant think of besides these.

- keep air filter clean

- check tyres are at optimal pressure

- wheel alignment

- keep fuel filter clog free

- injector flush maybe

- check calipers (or pads more like it) are not dragging on the rotors

Or even use an aftermarket ecu for fine tuning. I think Emanage makes a loom for these cars.

about wheel alignment. does anyone know whats the specs are as i have tried a number of so called wheel alignment specilists and they don't have any specs on the m35.

thanks

about wheel alignment. does anyone know whats the specs are as i have tried a number of so called wheel alignment specilists and they don't have any specs on the m35.

thanks

I don't have the spec but I took my car to St George Steering Services. Very old school but very good job. Understands alignment rather than setting by numbers.

From memory my car has the following settings. (my car has also been lowered so this altered the camber)

Front: about 1-1.25 negitive camber, alignment toe out about 1-1.5 degree.

Rear: negitive camber about 1 degree, toe in about 1.5 degree.

I think they were the numbers but very good job done. (one minor c0mplaint and that was the steering wheel being a couple of degrees off centre but I think that may have as much to do with my old tires)

Cheers

Andy

I only use 98 in mine...don't want to take this risk with lower octanes....just remember our max is Japan minimum.

Don't piss yourself laughing either but I am lucky to get 15.5lt's per hundred.....but then again I am running 15psi and it does get a good hit at least twice a day....gotta keep the cobweb's out.

P.S. Amazed I have only seen Andy...I live in Westleigh and drive through Meadowbank and Ryde to get to Rhodes everyday.....keen to catch up with every one one day.

Yep. Only 98 and only Vpower or Ultimate (I had to have the old skyline's fuel system replaced due to some dodgy Mobil Synergy a few years ago).

Generally get 10.6L/100. My daily drive has it all, 2 steep hills, 4 towns (each wih schools) and highway (avg 120kph).

When I drove the Great Ocean Road (Fun Stuff!) the first weekend I had it I started with a full tank and got 702km before putting in 63L to fill it up again (so about 9L/100km)!!

Of course, this was with a totally stock car and I do like to have 40psi in all 4 tires.

Will be interesting to see the difference when it comes back from the shop (Hi-flowed turbo and Fuji exhaust).

Will be interesting to see the difference when it comes back from the shop (Hi-flowed turbo and Fuji exhaust).

Did you get the Fuji Legalis-R Evo exhaust? I'm very keen to hear what it's like, noise and power wise, thanks!

Sounds like the only complaints are fuel. Bit of a pain how they all vary. I come across a AXIS M35 Autech the other day for 20k with 20k's on the clock (Doubt thats genuine) For that money though id almost just drive it on weekends and work out of a van.

What sort of difference do Intake and exhuast in fuel econ ? Does it lean them out ?

Cheers Blair,

Did you get the Fuji Legalis-R Evo exhaust? I'm very keen to hear what it's like, noise and power wise, thanks!

Not yet chief. It has been ordered and "should" arrive in around 2 weeks.

Power figures? I will try to get a readout with just the Hi-Flow turbo & semi standard exhaust (I has two small cats removed from the front pipe which left me with only the factory cat), then compare with the Legalis fitted.

Hopefully I can grab a reasonable video & sound with the digi camera.

I come across a AXIS M35 Autech the other day for 20k with 20k's on the clock (Doubt thats genuine) .

Sounds way too cheap to me........I bought my AXIS with 30k on the clock and it certainly wasnt $20k and mine was in very good nick...

Jules

I've sussed that out already and yes you can fit a gokart easily with the rear seats down. A Stag has more room than a Surf does as I've owned one before as well.

Ohh shit now i am pretty much sold!!

time to fix the surf up a bit and get it sold M35 Axis here i come!!

I've noticed Axis model starting from 1.2mil and upwards. so 20k could be done but condition/km's may be another story..

My car was 1.35mil and the cost to me by the time I had it registered and insured was $30k. Are you talking about the price in Japan?

I am also seriously looking at a M35 Stagea. Are the 2004-2007 model M35 3.5lt V6 ones ever going to be available in Australia for compliance or should I just give up and get a 2003 2.5lt turbo? I'd prefer to get a newer one as the 2004+ (series 2) ones look heaps better (new head lights) and have steering wheel audio controls and other goodies. The 3.5lt V6 would probably be smoother than the 2.5lt turbo too wouldn't it?

Also does anyone know what airbag configurations you can get in the M35 series one? There are two M35s on the web that say they have '8 airbag safety systems'. Is that for real? Does that mean they have curtain airbags? Caradvice are always on about how much curtain airbags make the difference between life and death in many accidents (Alborz was a workmate of mine).

Anyone know the best place to service a Stagea is in Brisbane and what the average servicing costs are? I'm guessing cause its a turbo they have to be serviced every 5000kms? I've heard Chris Rogers name banded about for modifications but not sure about the best M35 stagea shops for servicing are - especially on the Northside.

Thanks for any replies! If I don't figure this stuff out soon my Mrs will make us buy a Subaru Outback... or worse instead. I'd really prefer a Stag if i can figure this stuff out :(

2004 + no emission testing for them DESPITE them being advertised on jspec. if you wnat to be the first then buy the car. you will be waiting a LONG time to drive it. the engine may be a 3.5 V6 but its in a TOTALLY different car requiring a full test and anyone that buys a car later than nov 2003 will get screwed bigtime.

the earlier cars have SWC. if they do not then its a VERY easy upgrade. if you look on carmen imports site there is a red 35 coupe there advertising that the controls were added there. they were. I did them.

as for airbags - yep 8 of them. seats, curtains,front. have seen them in the roof when working on the car.

servicing- your call there. I know of a few people with El Grande vans that go to nissan for that. they have no problem with the service software and are happy to go there.

as for modding the cars with A/V and doing the jap TV/nav swaps - yes thats me.

2004 + no emission testing for them DESPITE them being advertised on jspec. if you wnat to be the first then buy the car. you will be waiting a LONG time to drive it. the engine may be a 3.5 V6 but its in a TOTALLY different car requiring a full test and anyone that buys a car later than nov 2003 will get screwed bigtime.

the earlier cars have SWC. if they do not then its a VERY easy upgrade. if you look on carmen imports site there is a red 35 coupe there advertising that the controls were added there. they were. I did them.

as for airbags - yep 8 of them. seats, curtains,front. have seen them in the roof when working on the car.

servicing- your call there. I know of a few people with El Grande vans that go to nissan for that. they have no problem with the service software and are happy to go there.

as for modding the cars with A/V and doing the jap TV/nav swaps - yes thats me.

Jeez I wish I could just buy a end model 2007 M35 right now. I think i'll leave the hassle of compliance to someone else though so 2003 it is.

SWC? I guess i mean for cruise and audio controls. I've only seen buttons on 2004 stageas like the one on jspec right now. So are you saying you can make that happen on a 2003 Stag? Got any pics?

Are the 8 airbags standard or some optional 'safety pack' like in the outback. Was very disappointed to find out the outback I test drove today only had 2 airbags (well I'm more worried about when my wife drives the care hehehe).

So you've seen airbags in the roof? Very cool. Is the 8 airbag option pretty rare or standard?

So you can make it so an Iphone (yep im getting one) and the existing TV/GPS unit will work in Aus? Is that using digitial Tv or analogue? How about the GPS?

SWC- yep! if it has the OE integrated radio in it - no problem. as I said I have done it SEVERAL times. nothing to really show. there was a blank spot on the left of the wheel and I filled it with a set of OE buttons,did a bit of fiddling and it works.

most of the M35's I have been in had the curtains. leather versions mainly.

as for the TV/NAV/whatever - NO problem!

I do a LOT more than just nissan for this. at last count I had 15+ cars for this alone.

feel free to ring me on monday if you like. details in sig.

• 3 months later...
I am also seriously looking at a M35 Stagea. Are the 2004-2007 model M35 3.5lt V6 ones ever going to be available in Australia for compliance or should I just give up and get a 2003 2.5lt turbo? I'd prefer to get a newer one as the 2004+ (series 2) ones look heaps better (new head lights) and have steering wheel audio controls and other goodies. The 3.5lt V6 would probably be smoother than the 2.5lt turbo too wouldn't it?

Also does anyone know what airbag configurations you can get in the M35 series one? There are two M35s on the web that say they have '8 airbag safety systems'. Is that for real? Does that mean they have curtain airbags? Caradvice are always on about how much curtain airbags make the difference between life and death in many accidents (Alborz was a workmate of mine).

Anyone know the best place to service a Stagea is in Brisbane and what the average servicing costs are? I'm guessing cause its a turbo they have to be serviced every 5000kms? I've heard Chris Rogers name banded about for modifications but not sure about the best M35 stagea shops for servicing are - especially on the Northside.

Thanks for any replies! If I don't figure this stuff out soon my Mrs will make us buy a Subaru Outback... or worse instead. I'd really prefer a Stag if i can figure this stuff out :)

Prestige motorsport Balgowlah, have a series 2 04-07 Stagea in their garage, they are going for compliuance as we speak,,,,will take some time tho

Sounds like the only complaints are fuel. Bit of a pain how they all vary. I come across a AXIS M35 Autech the other day for 20k with 20k's on the clock (Doubt thats genuine) For that money though id almost just drive it on weekends and work out of a van.

What sort of difference do Intake and exhuast in fuel econ ? Does it lean them out ?

Cheers Blair,

The only intake difference is that I have taken the little clip on panel off the front of the airbox.

The exhaust is the Fuji Legalis with a Kakimoto front pipe.

Fuel economy is about the same. Boost is the same as stock ie. 0.8 bar @ 3200rpm, but it rises to 1 bar (or higher - my gauge doesn't show higher than 1bar) at ~3800rpm and stays there to redline :) I say that fuel economy is about the same because I don't generally have my foot planted to the floor. I do average just over 74kph on my drive to work according to the car's computer...... if I stick to the limits.

Lean it out? I don't think so. Cold start in the morning has a stronger smell than with the stock exhaust.

As an aside, the car only has issues with the turbo if the exhaust is creating too much back pressure. Compliance axhausts can be deadly...