SAU Community

Stagea M35 *looking To Buy*

Dreamah

I do the nav,tv,button swaps on them. the USDM items do go in with a LOT of fiddling. despite what you see they are NOT a direct swap.

NAV- local - no probelms.

TV- depends on what you want. there is a $300 option available that is ok or a $700 that works.

IPOD - easy. done plenty.

fire me a PM when the car lands.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yup tv ive spoken to chook about. im happy with what he has to offer!

the buttons.... hmm, what sorta price are they to buy? i dont mind fiddly jobs. i can pull stuff apart and get it back together again and it still works :(

you got the satnav working?? i thought there were no maps available for australia?.

and the ipod, yup seen that thread too and will be doing it :D actually Chris i think i already emailed you regarding this and you gave me a price etc. thanks!

if anyones interested, here are pics of what ive got coming.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zei20t/sets/72157605634035480/

Edited by zei20l

I do the nav,tv,button swaps on them. the USDM items do go in with a LOT of fiddling. despite what you see they are NOT a direct swap.

NAV- local - no probelms.

TV- depends on what you want. there is a $300 option available that is ok or a $700 that works.

IPOD - easy. done plenty.

fire me a PM when the car lands.

Hi Chris,

This may be a stupid question, but do you know if it is possible to get a G35 centre console (with Bose) into an M35 RS four V?

Whilst the OEM Clarion stereo is nice, I would love to get me hands on the Bose system!

Hi Chris,

This may be a stupid question, but do you know if it is possible to get a G35 centre console (with Bose) into an M35 RS four V?

Whilst the OEM Clarion stereo is nice, I would love to get me hands on the Bose system!

would be easier to do aftermarket. these bose setup is more than a radio, its dedicated speakers,amplifier and radio for a start. now if you get a OE screen then I can do something with that - nav system or not.

yup tv ive spoken to chook about. im happy with what he has to offer!

the buttons.... hmm, what sorta price are they to buy? i dont mind fiddly jobs. i can pull stuff apart and get it back together again and it still works :laugh:

you got the satnav working?? i thought there were no maps available for australia?.

and the ipod, yup seen that thread too and will be doing it :P actually Chris i think i already emailed you regarding this and you gave me a price etc. thanks!

if anyones interested, here are pics of what ive got coming.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zei20t/sets/72157605634035480/

buttons - not cheap. doing them - full strip of the centre section for a start. there is a LOT more to it.

sat nav- correct - no XENAVI maps. mine are garmin. depending on what you do and how you wnat it setup will determine cost of this unit.

IPOD - no video version any more. the direct control version (via radio) is available.

yours needs steering controls !! I sell them and they are PLUG AND PLAY! wiring is there.

actually you need to decide if you want cruise or not. that will affect the button set I use. if you do cruise then the steering buttons (radio) are a side effect :)

have I got your attention yet..?

would be easier to do aftermarket. these bose setup is more than a radio, its dedicated speakers,amplifier and radio for a start. now if you get a OE screen then I can do something with that - nav system or not.

Chris,

You seem to know a bit about the Bose setup on the M35. Are there any inputs behind the dash somewhere.

I want to set up a PS2 for the rear seats and what the sound through the Bose set up....

Jules

Chris,

You seem to know a bit about the Bose setup on the M35. Are there any inputs behind the dash somewhere.

I want to set up a PS2 for the rear seats and what the sound through the Bose set up....

Jules

so you want audio and video. you need a AV lead from me . job done.

ok Chris you got me interested lol

tell me more about the steering wheel controls for the radio!!

controls volume, channel seek, cd functions, power and mode. if you are capable of pulling the wheel off then its a plug in affair. be wary of the airbag.

easy! done steering wheel and airbag removals before on my S15s. now how much??? :)

its a definite plug it?

for safety i remove the battery for 20 mins before i remove the airbag, apparently you dont need to. but its not a risk i wanna take

easy! done steering wheel and airbag removals before on my S15s. now how much??? :laugh:

its a definite plug it?

for safety i remove the battery for 20 mins before i remove the airbag, apparently you dont need to. but its not a risk i wanna take

it is! been there done that SEVERAL times.

fire me a PM.

nigel,

cool. look forward to them. have cruise fully sorted for them too. plug and play if need be :) (its NOT DIY though.)

Dont worry I have some back yarder's over here that I can get to do it.................

Mmmm I love my heated leather seats. It's so damn nice to have in this bloody cold weather :)

I've had mine since Feb this year. Firstly here's some good points.

- incredible smooth torquey VQ motor, pulls nicely to redline

- build quality is better than previous model and more leg room for passengers

- nice bright factory xenons

- everything electric

- nice to open up the rear window when you dont need to open the entire rear hatch

- nice plush ride, although my shocks died not long after i bought it.

And here's some not so good points.

- fuel economy is not as good as i expected, on an 80L tank I get about 550kms which is about 7kms per L. Highway economy is much better of course.

- ride was a bit too soft for me, but when the shocks gave way it was just bouncing all over the place. I then bought new Bilstein shocks and springs and the ride is unbelievable. So much more complaint on the road and not too stiff. It's absolutely unreal how just changing the shocks enhances the ride and handling of the car. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

- wheel bearings expired as well but thankfully they were replaced under warranty.

The negative points may be an isolated case with my car and i dont expect many people to have the same issues. Thankfully the problems are not too serious and I must say, an NM35 is the best car i've ever purchased for a daily car.

damn that sucks about the fuel economy!! thats gonna kill me. i need something better than the S15 in economy lol

then again the A-RX weighs more than my 250t, but not by much.

maybe your O2 sensor is stuffed? how many ks does yours have Eugene?

MXFLY you must have a problem definatly with your fuel economy definatly try replace your O2 Sensor. Or take some lead out of your right foot lol

My Axis Turbo 4wd as stated before in good tune i get 11l per 100klm so for the size of car its actually not bad considering turbo 4wd also.

this is city and highway driving here in japan

post-199-1214444423_thumb.jpg

Agree with Primo - My Autech Axis is getting spot on 11L per 100km round the city, last tank I even got 10.9L/100km! I drive it nicely but not like a Grandpa - obviously being a turbo it depends on how you drive it - if you boost it through the gears it'll use more fuel.....

compared to my loaner R33 4 door i have, i think this will be easier on my wallet! lets hope. if not ill be changing the O2 sensor as soon as i can

Agree with Primo - My Autech Axis is getting spot on 11L per 100km round the city, last tank I even got 10.9L/100km! I drive it nicely but not like a Grandpa - obviously being a turbo it depends on how you drive it - if you boost it through the gears it'll use more fuel.....

I don't know how you guys are achieving that economy. Wish i could get the same. My m35 ARX '03 model with 58K on the clock has been only able to get 7.5km /L around the city and max 10.1 on the highway. I don't drive really hard and O would think it unlikely that the O2 sensor is stuffed yet but I would love to improve the economy if i can. No mods other than suspension, and opening up the cold air intake on the air box.

The only comment I would make about the car is that it does not roll (in neutral) as well as my Subaru Outback but that is a manual. It feels like it has a lot of drag through the drive line?

Maybe it is just the way Sydney trafic flows? or should I say how it does not flow!

Cheers

Andy