SAU Community

Post Broardwater Car Park Era

changi

Just a thought . . . since the BW carpark worked so well for so long, why not stick with somewhere similar? A couple kms up GC highway is marine parade southport, theres a big carpark next to the boatramp, should fit 50 to 80 cars easy. Thoughts?

And people being what they are, its likely the fuss over BW carpark will die down and things will go back to what they were in a couple months anyway. Heres hoping!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BWCP was pathetic, the whole car scene in terms of social events can be described as dysfunctional.

It's better to just go off on your own and enjoy your car for what it is rather then try to turn the experience into some circle jerking happy get together.

BWCP was pathetic, the whole car scene in terms of social events can be described as dysfunctional.

It's better to just go off on your own and enjoy your car for what it is rather then try to turn the experience into some circle jerking happy get together.

It might be 'better' for you to drive around alone; [can't get more dysfunctional than that] but others used to enjoy BWCP. didn't see much circle jerking there; but did see lots of happy people getting together and doing their own thing. seems fair!!.

Just a thought . . . since the BW carpark worked so well for so long, why not stick with somewhere similar? A couple kms up GC highway is marine parade southport, theres a big carpark next to the boatramp, should fit 50 to 80 cars easy. Thoughts?

And people being what they are, its likely the fuss over BW carpark will die down and things will go back to what they were in a couple months anyway. Heres hoping!

BWCP is being totally redeveloped.

• 2 weeks later...

What about the new carpark that is just a bit further south and across the road from the BWCP?

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=...mp;t=h&z=17

It's the grass area on the bottom middle of this old google map. It's not grass now, it's a car park that must hold 100+ cars I would think. Last time I was there I didn't notice if there was any gate to stop after hours access - I don't think so as its a free public car park.

More space than the Labrador boat ramp car park, which fills up at night with people going the The Grand for a drink.

And only a short stroll to The Boardroom... errr if anyone needs to go to the bathroom. :D

BYO Latte.

What about the new carpark that is just a bit further south and across the road from the BWCP?

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=...mp;t=h&z=17

It's the grass area on the bottom middle of this old google map. It's not grass now, it's a car park that must hold 100+ cars I would think. Last time I was there I didn't notice if there was any gate to stop after hours access - I don't think so as its a free public car park.

More space than the Labrador boat ramp car park, which fills up at night with people going the The Grand for a drink.

And only a short stroll to The Boardroom... errr if anyone needs to go to the bathroom. :rofl:

BYO Latte.

I know the one; but not sure of who controls it. It's packed during the day, workers from Aussie Fair probably. I'll check it out nesx Sat night. certainly a possibility,good access and location etc.

this car park has one boomgate across it because when BWCP was closed all the local "hoons" started to gather there and Ms Dawn didnt agreee with the shift of spot, so she got the council to place a boomgate at the entrance so thats a no go.

was just reading through some of the pages, and everyone flaming everyone because one doesnt like to take the skyline on the track because 1, its a daily or 2 its not "built" for the track. i can agree completely to this because my 32 is my only car and my only self sufficent mode of transport to and from places. granted that the lines were build tough as nails and are race bred, but i just dont have the money laying around if something does happen to fail while on the track. I will eventually get her up there onto the track but until then it is a relatively stock skyline that to me is a beautiful car and i enjoy driving it and i would love to keep it that way. I do enve people that do have the built skylines that are capable of doing continueous laps of race circuits and can still drive away. Thats my 2 bob, i didn't buy my skyline to take it out and "thrash" it on the track to see what it could do, i bought it because i have always wanted one and now i do.

drew

this car park has one boomgate across it because when BWCP was closed all the local "hoons" started to gather there and Ms Dawn didnt agreee with the shift of spot, so she got the council to place a boomgate at the entrance so thats a no go.

was just reading through some of the pages, and everyone flaming everyone because one doesnt like to take the skyline on the track because 1, its a daily or 2 its not "built" for the track. i can agree completely to this because my 32 is my only car and my only self sufficent mode of transport to and from places. granted that the lines were build tough as nails and are race bred, but i just dont have the money laying around if something does happen to fail while on the track. I will eventually get her up there onto the track but until then it is a relatively stock skyline that to me is a beautiful car and i enjoy driving it and i would love to keep it that way. I do enve people that do have the built skylines that are capable of doing continueous laps of race circuits and can still drive away. Thats my 2 bob, i didn't buy my skyline to take it out and "thrash" it on the track to see what it could do, i bought it because i have always wanted one and now i do.

drew

YEP, bad luck about that site; perfect position. good onya GCCC; keep the foot right on the neck of those 'hoons', 'drug heads', 'undesirables' who used to gather at BWCP!!. I note with interest that Councilor John Wayne [real name] has become a 'crusader' [ just like Dawn] against the users' of the Helensvale skate park; in last weeks Sun newspaper he said the park "...would be closed down and filled with dirt..." if 'graffiti artists', 'drugheads' continued to conduct their business in that area. here we go again, punish all those who use the skate park and tar the legitimate users with one big ugly brush, because of the actions of a few law breakers. GREAT logic Mr Wayne!!. look out all you 'skaters', big, bad John Wayne is "a-cummin' to get yo'all". sadly, for you another elected, crusading idiot is on the prowl.

I agree with your second paragraph too.