SAU Community

Skyline R33 Gts-t Hks Gt2835 Pro S Vs Sti

With 190rwkw in a GTS-T I am sure you could sort out a good launch that would not get any wheelspin. In that case you would do quite well. This is the 190rwkw vs 190rwkw I am talking about.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The GSTS would come back hard at 3/4 track, but not likely to overcome the AWD advantage off the line.

A high power GTS25t will, but not a 190wkw one vs a 190wkw STI. The reality of the matter is the 190wkw STI has more aggressive gearing, lighter weight and more torque because of the sheer amount of boost they need to run to make that kind of power - and as such will basically beat the R33 everywhere but off boost.

IMO 190 from a 4 cyl is of no comparison to 190 of a 6 cyl

Keep in mind an S14 weighs more than a R32, do you imagine a 190kw S14 losing to a 190kw R32? lol or R33 for that matter

IMO there is a significant advantage in the delivery of a 4cyl over a 6cyl when it comes to torque for accelerating, within a certain range ofcoarse. once you get to bigger numbers u start getting capped off with the smaller motor, and the bigger motors begin to shine. sub 300kw, 4cyl all the way.

IMO 190 from a 4 cyl is of no comparison to 190 of a 6 cyl

LOL what a load of rubbish, seriously man. Its the gearing/4WD etc that does it for the STI. R32s are heavier than S14s (when running their original motors) and with like for like power, they go plenty well enough to give the S14s a bit of a run. If there is anything in it regarding torque, its probably more to do with that the SR20s have quite a long stroke compared to RB20s.

so are you selling your gts t because you dont like the idea of losing to a wrx, 1/4 mile is priority, or you just really want a gtr?

not sure if its been covered as i just skimmed the thread, but your pretty much maxing your turbo right now, with the stock cams. Cams will bump you up to only around 280+, plus it wont run more than the 17psi your running now, maybe just 0.5psi more.

But if you like skylines, theres no better way to enjoy a skyline than in GTR form :) Just my 2c but i think even the older skylines are better quality than some of the late model wrx's.

your current setup is a pretty awesome street setup however! Just bear in mind that if you jump into even a light tune gtr, its gonna feel heavy and slow compared to what your in now. The gts's feel much more chuckable and responsive. I drove a 300rwkw gtr and thought what the... be prepared to spend a house making it fast and reliable.

Well my 4 cylinder has a disco potato and makes about 220KW at the front wheels, and at Winton decimated all the others cars except for some massive power cars (600HP BMW, 700!HP mustang), inc beating a 330KW 33GTR. Weight certainly makes a huge difference around the track, not so much in drag except for the power/weight and force stuff.

WRX are a good car, built very well for rally. EVO is just a marketing gimmick, while WRX is actually built for it. GTR is built for track, and given the 4? years straight they won even with a 150kg? weight penalty is really is a well built car even if it is 10 years older than the WRX.

Anyway, STI vs GTR is kind of stupid, unless you care about drag times then by all means get one. But you'll never break 11s unless you spend as much on mods as the car (as others have said). While a GTR will give you 10s or less for the same total :)

Edited by Thelen

Well my 4 cylinder has a disco potato and makes about 220KW at the front wheels, and at Winton decimated all the others cars except for some massive power cars (600HP BMW, 700!HP mustang), inc beating a 330KW 33GTR. Weight certainly makes a huge difference around the track, not so much in drag except for the power/weight and force stuff.

WRX are a good car, built very well for rally. EVO is just a marketing gimmick, while WRX is actually built for it. GTR is built for track, and given the 4? years straight they won even with a 150kg? weight penalty is really is a well built car even if it is 10 years older than the WRX.

Anyway, STI vs GTR is kind of stupid, unless you care about drag times then by all means get one. But you'll never break 11s unless you spend as much on mods as the car (as others have said). While a GTR will give you 10s or less for the same total :(

I was going to rush in and call bullshit on your first paragraph, then I read your second and realised no one would now take you seriously anyway.

EVO = Gimmick while WRX = "built for it"

That's gotta be the most stupid thing I've ever heard. Even more stupid than someone claiming a 220kw front driver beating a 330kw GTR.

Decimated a 330KW 33GTR? with a turbo prelude or something?

well I beat F430's and GT2's with my mums camry

Decimated a 330KW 33GTR? with a turbo prelude or something?

well I beat F430's and GT2's with my mums camry

A 300KG lighter and far more agile car will certainly beat something with 50% more dyno top end power. Area under the graph being equal, a car that makes more power down low is going to be better KW for KW than one that makes it at the top end.

I ain't claiming anything, the records are all there at Winton, so whatever. In a straight line sure the GTR will win hands down, but not around the track... Don't see how it matters anyway. Why would I care what some anonynoobs on forum do or don't believe lol, I don't have anything to prove, merely commenting in relation to the OP...

Out of curiosity btw, have you even driven an EVO ? What about a rally spec WRX? I'm guessing no, so dunno how you can even comment with no experience tbh. Just cos something is expensive as EVO doesn't make it good lol.

Edited by Thelen

A 300KG lighter and far more agile car will certainly beat something with 50% more dyno top end power. Area under the graph being equal, a car that makes more power down low is going to be better KW for KW than one that makes it at the top end.

I ain't claiming anything, the records are all there at Winton, so whatever. In a straight line sure the GTR will win hands down, but not around the track... Don't see how it matters anyway. Why would I care what some anonynoobs on forum do or don't believe lol, I don't have anything to prove, merely commenting in relation to the OP...

Out of curiosity btw, have you even driven an EVO ? What about a rally spec WRX? I'm guessing no, so dunno how you can even comment with no experience tbh. Just cos something is expensive as EVO doesn't make it good lol.

So how much power does your prelude make, you say 220fwkw, but your sig says 360hp, which is 273kw

EVO = Gimmick while WRX = "built for it"

That's gotta be the most stupid thing I've ever heard. Even more stupid than someone claiming a 220kw front driver beating a 330kw GTR.

LOL yeah they are an awesome gimmick! Given the choice I'd definitely take the gimmick, from what I've seen of their track etc results :cool:

How does a 2L Honda make more area under the curve than a RB26?

Please show some dyno sheets of your amazing engine.

Honda's are renowned for being peaky and having no torque motors.

I just noticed you said GTR's a slow around a track. I feel so stupid reading you post.

At the time, since upgraded further as the injectors and pump had trouble keeping up.

It won't make more area under the curve, I didn't say that, I said it would make power earlier. Anyway without dyno you won't believe me and I don't have them handy, so whatever.

Never said GTR is slow either, just slow-er in this case. Feel like your missing the point, so no point continuing to argue.

Not that it relates much, but

is basically the car now. Edited by Thelen

wow, this thread is so old........ lol.. Last year I got a RB30 bottom end with a GT35R 0.82 and its pushing out 363 rwkw. completely different car to drive now compared to the old GT2835 setup.

Wow very nice!

I think you just may have the lightly modded STI HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

LOL yeah they are an awesome gimmick! Given the choice I'd definitely take the gimmick, from what I've seen of their track etc results :P

I will take the gimmick too!!

Wow very nice!

I think you just may have the lightly modded STI HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Lol what a sad guy hahaha :P

But yeh STI's are fast from 0-100 but on a rolling pull say from 60km stis are slower, especially after 100.

Well not slow but the gtst is faster from a roll, if you can get grip.

My 33 has a HKS pod, 13psi boost and a Turboback exhaust and i wasted an sti on the mway which sounded pretty modded. had an external gate, frontmount an all.

Was a version 5 i think but still i wasted it :(

I do love the version 7+ rexas tho there so nice.