SAU Community

Are You Suppose To Get Boost On Idle?

An old gurlfriends charade turbo would make 0.3Bar when at standstill and rev'd hard (not to the limiter though)

OP - your mates might be using the handbrake to simulate load

Edited by GeeTR

I can make boost in neutral from idle but that a pissant 25 turbo on a 3L, 5psi or so if I rev it up.

How's this though.. I can get some flutter or pssht while still in vacuum which is reasonably normal BUT, when I first put the motor in and didn't have the bov tight enough (so it wouldn't leak at idle), it was BLOWING air OUT at idle, not sucking in as you would assume while under vacuum.

I put that down to the turbo spooling from idle so even though it's not creating positive pressure yet it's still pushing air in as opposed to the engine just drawing in what it needs at idle.

Or am I way off?

good ole cb70's... man you can chuck some timing into those! forgies standard!!

NAH, you have to go real old school on those, G11 with a cb60 (i think that was the one, or was that the atmo) carbie turbo FTW, got some pics around somewhere of me doing roll backs in my old G11 atmo, man that thing took some punishment.

on topic, mine does not build any pressure standing still, but i also have a .8 rear so that would not help.