SAU Community

pics of extractors

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont have pics but basically the stock manifold is a 6 into one unit and looks really ugly, whereas the actualy extractors, have the same length pipe coming out of each exaust outlet, then each set of 3 (front and back) into 2 pipes and then finally flanged into 1.

i have my old ones sitting in my garage, i'll take some pics on the weekend if you want. compared to the coby extractors i have (8kg) just going by feel the stock ones would be at least twice as heavy, if not more.

john is your r33 "Type S"?? the Type S had 5kw more power so maybe this was gained from different extractors, although i read something somewhere about variable cam timing giving the difference in power so i'm probably wrong.

SillyFryFresh,

I am really happy with the extractors. They give it heaps more go at low revs and make it more fun to drive around town normally. Fuel economy is improved as well. I've gone from getting about 11L/100km to about 10.2L/100km (that's being pretty hard on the car, lots of start stop traffic). You get a nice deep rumble to the exhaust as well.

My only gripe is the heat they create. If you get them, before you have them fitted, remove the paint and then wrap them in some exhaust wrap, because its bloody hard to do it once they're on the car. I'm looking at making a custom heat shield for the extractors and wrapping my intake pipe in some cool tape instead of this.

Hope this helps