SAU Community

pics of extractors

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, now I'm convinced that I need some new extractors too! :uh-huh:

Is the transplant fairly straight forward? And will the Coby extractors bolt straight into the rest of my exhuast system which is stock?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

R33GTS25

Umm, guys, just thought I'd say something, the original manifold keeps being referred to as "stock extractors". They aren't, the original one is just a cast iron exhaust manifold. Extractors are as the Coby ones- e.g tubular, better flow than stock. Actualy, "Tube Headers" is more accurate as a term, as extractors are really only a particular design of tubular headers which act to "extract" gas from the cylinder by clever use of cylinder pulses.

cheers,

floody

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys, i've finally fitted the coby extractors on the car. cost $99. car is much more responsive from around 2500 rpm. i've ended up taking the pod filter off and putting the stock box on with trust panel filter, the sound is soo lound with the pod on!

only prob i have now is that for some reason it hangs low like dogs balls and scrapes on my driveway :P not sure which part exactly is scraping, i suspect its the part where it bends. gotta get outta the car and have a proper look.

oh btw, my fuel economy is really poor now. when i first got my car stock as a rock, i got like 10kms from 1 litre which i thought was really good. put pod on went worst, extractors on gone worst again. i think my car needs a tune. i'm going to pop down to bmt soon.

hey denny,

its weird, my fuel economy slightly improved?! the extractors do hang quite low don't they, it makes me reluctant to lower my car.

i will organise that dyno day we spoke about as soon as i finish my exams (november 10) so a few of us n/a guys can compare numbers and not feel uncomfortable about the big numbers the turbos pull :( is there anything to 'tune' on a standard skyline? i was told u need at least SAFC or something before dyno tuning is worthwhile?

cheers

greg

hey greg, with a standard skyline i guess all they can do is advance the ignition timing. i've actually got the old school generation 1 safc, the one with the knobs on it lol. theres only like 5 tuning points though. i picked it up really cheap so thought might as well give it a try. anyone else got ? u can turn it up -30 or +30, i take it when u go towards minus thats leaning it out?

Originally posted by _turtle_

hey guys, i've finally fitted the coby extractors on the car.  cost $99.  car is much more responsive from around 2500 rpm.  i've ended up taking the pod filter off and putting the stock box on with trust panel filter, the sound is soo lound with the pod on!

only prob i have now is that for some reason it hangs low like dogs balls and scrapes on my driveway :)  not sure which part exactly is scraping, i suspect its the part where it bends.  gotta get outta the car and have a proper look.

they only cost $99?? what the fudge?

well on the newer safc's minus means telling the computer its getting less air and therefore gives the engine less fuel ie leaning it out, i imagine its the same new or old.