SAU Community

Night-shift Event 3rd Of July

sleek3

well i was cruising with a white r34, black s2k and a wrx.. we pulled into the shops to have a coffee until one of them f***ers followed us in and got us all.

fkn worse night ever ! organisers are pretty dumb not to put any notice out of the closure. pretty much feels like a set up

Never been to one of these, and probably never will, but all the others I've heard of, usually have the go ahead of the place their holding it at.

Pretty f**ked up what happened.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well i was cruising with a white r34, black s2k and a wrx.. we pulled into the shops to have a coffee until one of them f***ers followed us in and got us all.

fkn worse night ever ! organisers are pretty dumb not to put any notice out of the closure. pretty much feels like a set up

Probably because it was.

cant call them organiser cause they cant organise for shit.. got defected for no reason yesterday..

and this will be the last time i will attend anything called night shift,

well guys i was with one of the photographers last night as well......i never knew til i got there that the road was blocked...apparently the council found out and the closed off p6...they did contact the police the day before and the cops did say they would give us a break and looked like it backed fired...i also got checked out.....i didn't leave till it was over and followed the queen st ferrari out but just to let you guys know the person who did organise was left alone by the police til he decided to leave he was in the white wrx HUS5LA...cops didn't let him go i think he had to get it towed home....well all in all it wasn't fun and it did cost alot of ppl alot of $$$$ they should organise it a bit better and make it an OFFICIAL EVENT like a show n shine so no one gets defected on the day....

cant call them organiser cause they cant organise for shit.. got defected for no reason yesterday..

and this will be the last time i will attend anything called night shift,

How about not attending an event thats got an asian stripper attending? :D

I dont get events like that. Sounds like a big wank fest.

+1

i got pod defected, blow off valve (which is already plumbed back but they didnt believe me) and exhaust noise but my car has a centre muffler and everything.

also one of my p-plates came off whilst driving so i got done for that too... which means my license has been suspended now ! :D

word of warning: beware of these street meets, especially nightshift. i wouldnt recommend anyone attending anything which is organised by these people. basically sold everyone out

no one did anything wrong on the night.....no revving, no systems turned up, no burn outs no drifting and the cops just kept defecting everyone

i always thought u had to be at ur car to get defected but they were defecting all the parked cars and leaving defect notices on their windscreens

I went to the one before this one and they meet up are shit!!!

The worst places and nothing is organised properly

I would suggest everyone should get there defect notices together and try to sue the organisers!!

I would!!!! F*CK them C*NTS!!!!

Bunch of Wankers (night shift)

Sounds like a gay night club if u ask me !!!LOL

I would suggest everyone should get there defect notices together and try to sue the organisers!!

ah can you sue them.. lol

so who else got defected..

i got there around 9ish... drove thru the main str8 where all the cars were parked only to see undercovers in F6s everywhere with Riot Squad Police driving around too.... (somethin must have happened)... but yeh... parked like 15mins walk away from the main str8 to check out the cars and saw coppers handing out defect notices left right n centre.... saw some poor guy in a r33 got done... slowly walked to my car n kept a low profile... neva going to one of those ever again....

there were way too many coppers there... someone wud have tipped them off or they knew before hand...

yea i saw you cruise by usmair....they cops were notified one day before by the organisers....Night-Shift had said they are going to hold it somewhere else and never in homebush again....but i reckon after wat has happend it has turned alot of ppl off from going to another night-shift meet ever again

Don't think you can sue them.

Regarding the defect notices places on parked cars, haven't looked at regulations (its 11:56pm so not in a mood to research), but definitely something to look at to challenge. An argument could be put forward that they were not driven to the event and a tow truck was used (though, due to strict liability offense, evidence of a tow truck use might be needed (receipt or witness being the driver of the tow truck borrowed). Once again, haven't researched the law, but just some ideas.

unfort if you have an illegal modified car and go to these types of meet ups - really no one else to blame but yourself.

Im no saint, my car isnt engineered....I just dont drive it to those sorts of meet ups. eg - coming back from superlap yesterday with all the race numbers etc, I went past some police, they looked, but didnt look tiwce and kept on going.

It does still sound like a set up, but best way to avoid it, is not to go, or take a standard car!

unfort if you have an illegal modified car and go to these types of meet ups - really no one else to blame but yourself.

Im no saint, my car isnt engineered....I just dont drive it to those sorts of meet ups. eg - coming back from superlap yesterday with all the race numbers etc, I went past some police, they looked, but didnt look tiwce and kept on going.

It does still sound like a set up, but best way to avoid it, is not to go, or take a standard car!

I with you.......................

It does sound like a Set up..............Honestly sounds like the police are the organisers of these events.

Since when does homebush ever close there carparks...

Since when does homebush ever close there carparks...

Probably if they found out a massive gaggle of hoons are planning on showing up without asking.

If Nite Shift had bothered to call the guys who run Homebush and arrange it, they would have found out if P6 was opened or closed. Clearly they didn't, and if the site operators got wind of this unofficial meet (especially given the behaviour at every other Nite Shift and Dreamworkz meet that's been held there) they'd probably panic and call the cops.

Funny how they let the cars into the country and comply them with no pod filter encloser.

But then on the road it attracts a defect take that to court and use it!!!!!!!!

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Go to SP mufflers and get the muffler of size you want and make a nice mid muffler. It's about that simple! I have 2x 3.5 Magnaflow straight through Mufflers and while it's pretty loud with the Varex open, it's quiet enough with the Varex closed. You can also buy off the shelf Magnaflow straight through mufflers as well. You also have a turbo to quiet the car down too. Don't overthink it. Buy my extra Magnaflow muffler sitting on a shelf doing nothing (buy it new, ignore this part)
    • Centre-offset muffler under the floor, same as stock. Just....3.5". The change from straight pipe there to centre-offset will mean that you need to remake some of the pipe (add a bend or two).
    • Hey guys. So my R34 GTT has a custom 3.5” exhaust (done by previous owner) with a high flowing cat, and then just a Varex cannon muffler on the back. The car does drone alot and is really loud even on highway driving just cruising, as you can imagine due to the Varex muffler basically being a straight through with the valve open. As much as i love a loud RB, it can be a bit much with no other muffling in line and just driving casually. I wanted to lower the volume output on the exhaust a bit, as well as remove the drone (probably a way to do both at once), and was going to do it all myself as I am a fabricator and have done exhaust work in the past, so the fab work isnt my issue, im just not sure on the right product or type of product to use to get the job done, and i doubt an exhaust shop would be wanting to help me as they wont be making any money from helping me, unless they supplied the product? Anyway any help or guidance in best way to approach this would be awesome   Thanks in advance
    • Meh, whilst the Honda is a "really" good car and has potential if you want to drop coin on, it was uninspiring for me to look at, but, it did serve its purpose and is now in the boys hands, his happy, his girl is happy, as she wasn't to keen on the noisy old Patrol, and most importantly, the Minister for War and Finances is extremely happy that her "little baby boy" (6'2 nugget who is currently training to be a copper, which will make 3 coppers in the immediate "circle of trust") has a well sorted reliable car that doesn't guzzle diesel Me, I'm more than happy with the NC MX5 that I replaced it with, it's a fun little car that I like looking at, like driving, and yes..... I do like the fact that the maintenance and modifications that I have done/will do are plentiful and relatively cheap, well........ while staying naturally aspirated slow that is, and that's all I really need for a fun little daily, I can rev the 5hit out of it rowing through the gears and never really break the speed limit  In saying that wicked word, "modifications", I've already ordered something for some noise and an additional "3 ish" horse powers, or whatever it gives, in the form of a header, and, a new set of "cheapo" BC coilovers that are already sitting in the shed waiting to get put in, I had the same BC's in my old NB and found they were fine for the street, hwy, and the occasional track days I did in it, they have 6kg front and 4kg rear springs which is about 10% stiffer than the stock springs which I found worked well for their price  I've also already been in touch with MX5 Mania in Dural, so once the header is on it will get a ECUTek RaceROM tune there (I cannot rev match for 5hit, and I loved the RaceROM rev match and FFS in my old 86 "RIP") In other, maintenance news, I put some new sparkler plugs in it, and have a new set of DBA Street series pads to put in over the next day or so, I'm running the DBA street series in the SS and Honda and really like them, they work great and are not dusty at all I've also booked in a few days leave over this weekend to give me 4 days weekend do some paint correction and give the leather seats some conditioning and interior some Bissell and steam cleaning OCD lovin', the carpet and interior looks clean, but from my experience with the Bissell IRT carpet, and the steam cleaner IRT trim, looks can be deceiving I've also found that finding a detachable hard top is proving problematic, the main reason why I didn't like the NC initially was the power retractable hard top that I seen them with gave the roof line a weird look, the detachable roof though looks good, and is a same shape as a NA/NB hard top, similar, but unfortunately not the same as it has different fixture point on the front, so fitting a easy to get NA/NB detachable hard top is no bueno New Old cars are fun, cleaning, hunting and playing around brings much joy How are your beasties going? Do you still have the Skyline with the LS???, or Barra??? that you were playing with