SAU Community

Something The Na's Are Superior Over The Turbos...

Car: R33 GTS S2

Mods: rb25de Stock

Driving style: 75% Revs Below 4k 25% Showing Off

Driving conditions: Half Half of City & Freeway

Fuel brand: BP Ultimate

Ltr's for a full tank: 55-59

KM's per tank: 350-400

My Car Has Shocking Economy :banana:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Car: R32 GTST

Mods: RB30DET GT30r .82 @ 15psi; GTR injectors; RB25DE head ported polished & valve deshroud.

Driving style: Brisk acceleration always on a little boost with the occasional (at least once per drive) WOT

Driving conditions: Local 50-80km/h

Fuel brand: Shell 98

Ltr's for a full tank: 50litres

KM's per tank: 450km's (RB20DET used to get 470km's when it was running 1bar on the std turbo and std ecu)

New O2 sensor, New Z32 afm, recently flowed and cleaned injectors, no vac leaks and just a good tune.

Just dropped a set of 265/263 (221deg @ 0.050") 9mm cams in... Will be interesting to watch fuel economy plummet.

110 Inlet LCA; 115 exh LCA; 112.5 LSA so it idles smooth but just a bit deeper/throbs more and louder.

hahaha... As they say.. Keeping it real.. There's next to no difference between the turbo's and N/A's unless your constantly up the turbo of which on the street isn't all that often.

Nothing wrong with the dark side.

I'm waiting for some one to post a progress thread of a mean rb30de n/a or rb25de n/a - 12:1 static comp running on E85 loping like nothing on earth; thats really why I'm lurking. :(

Car: R34 4door - RB25DE - Auto

Mods: extractors and high flow cat - everything else stock/genuine.

Driving style: Soccer mum :whistling:

Driving conditions: 90% City 10% highway

Fuel brand: Shell 98 majority of the time, sometimes Safeway 98

Ltr's for a full tank: 65L (stock tank)

KM's per tank: not sure - I always fill up when i reach 1/4 tank. However I can usually do 11.8L per 100KM.

BEST consumption: 9.8L/100 (city) and 8.8L/100(highway)

WORST consumption: 14.8L/100 (city - I have no idea why?????) 9.2L/100 (highway)

Notes: Car has stock rear spoiler and weather shields, which could cause extra drag. 17" GTT wheels are wider than the stock 16" - this can also cause more drag - Tires are inflated to factory spec 36PSI.

Car:1988 R31 Skyline GX

Mods:K&N Pod, stock exhaust with a cannon + hotdog, 3degrees advanced timing

Driving style: 65% granny, 35% boy racer

Driving conditions: 90% city, 10% highway

Fuel brand: caltex 91 (or whicherver is the lowest rating)

Ltr's for a full tank: tank is 63L, always takes ~50L to fill up

KM's per tank: 400-450kms out of an auto which wont go into 4th gear until the engine is warmed up

Car: R33 Series 2 GTS

Mods:None

Driving style: Normal with occasional launch

Driving conditions: City

Fuel brand: V-power

Ltr's for a full tank: 65L

KM's per tank: 600-650km

Ltr's per 100km: 10-10.4L

Car: '94 R33 GTS25

Mods: Catback exhaust

Driving style: boy racer, under 3k

Driving conditions: country town

Fuel brand: Shell V-Power (or BP Ultimate when shell shuts :D )

Ltr's for a full tank: 65ltrs

KM's per tank: 350-400

however, in other conditions

Car: '94 R33 GTS25

Mods: Catback exhaust

Driving style: granny

Driving conditions: straight highway (cruising at 100ks in 5th, 3k revs (drone-tastic))

Fuel brand: BP Ultimate

Ltr's for a full tank: 65ltrs

KM's per tank: 700-750

interesting comparison here i rekn, more people should post up figures with comparisons like these :)

another thing, my fuel economy improved around town once id done a big long trip

Edited by G0DZLR

hahaha... As they say.. Keeping it real.. There's next to no difference between the turbo's and N/A's unless your constantly up the turbo of which on the street isn't all that often.

Nothing wrong with the dark side.

I'm waiting for some one to post a progress thread of a mean rb30de n/a or rb25de n/a - 12:1 static comp running on E85 loping like nothing on earth; thats really why I'm lurking. :P

you just wait.................... :laugh:

Car: r31 gx

Mods: exhourst, crazy timing, no cat and a pod...

Driving style: bita granny but mostly boy racer

Driving conditions: mountian range\city

Fuel brand: bp 98

Ltr's for a full tank: about 55ish L's

KM's per tank: 350km's maybe.. other day it got 670 with grandpa driving with minimal squirts

put it this way, how much power does your de 400/450kms per tank make? then ask the same of a det motor.

most skylines will make 400 to 450 kms per tank if it is nursed, but if thats all ya gonna do go buy a toyta echo. the turbo is there to make it fun.

my de makes 378bhp and does 300km to 45 litre of v power and shed loads of rubber smoke,caned all the way ,,,sorry forgot to say its a de+t but it still makes more power than a det at 10psi boost

Edited by lammy426

Well off coarse it will.. you've still got your high compression pistons then a turbo - not to mention you car is no longer a DE mate..

but it still makes more power than a det at 10psi boost

lol than who's DET in particular dood? what point are you trying to make?

:laugh:

Well off coarse it will.. you've still got your high compression pistons then a turbo - not to mention you car is no longer a DE mate..

lol than who's DET in particular dood? what point are you trying to make?

:(

its still a de its just got +t after it, its like saying its not gtr engine if you put a single turbo on it or its not a det engine if you put 2 turbo's on it,another angle it can't be a de if you put a supercharger on it or even nos.you could say its not an na any more but whatever you do to a de its still a de because thats just an engine model number/letters

A lot of us drive off boost often... mines turbo and i get 12L/100km so ~500km to a tank. Its all in how you drive it.

this might seem weird but sometimes i find that if i go on boost every now and then i actually get more kms out of it rather than just driving off boost all the time. :)

So, just to keep the NA boys happy with there good fuel economy.

Car: R33 GTS-t

Engie + Mods: RB30DET, valve job, small set of cams, light weight fly wheel, T04R + 6boost mani, Plazmaman FMIC.

Highway economy: 17L/100KM...

City Economy: 25L/100KM...

The ability to press the loud pedal and put myself in the backseat... INSANE... :(

Yes, that fuel economy is why as of tomorrow night, it won't have been driven for 6 weeks, and why it has also only been started for around 15 seconds a week ago.

Goes in for a tune in just over a week hopefully.