SAU Community

Brand New Nissan Gtr 35 With Paint Defects Over Two Days

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well this is a car forum for sharing ideas, not designed for advertising..

you did a great job on the GTR but care to share some knowledge or tips about general paint care?

we all share knowledge here

Thanks Warren,

If you read my post carefully i am not advertising, i am sharing the process on how i achieved the final finish ! :banana:

What would you like to know ?

Regards Mario :bunny:

Hi Mario,

Do you come to Sydney much? My black 350Z needs a serious treatment like what you did to that GTR!

cheers

I will be in Sydney at the end of August ( 31st) .

Regards Mario :D

sorry mate not saying you're advertising, i'm just saying we all want to make our cars look like that!

any advice for the DIYer that shops at repco/supercheap/autobarn on what products to buy and how to do a good job at home?

also, i have some stains on my rear windscreen (presumably from acid rain) that have not budged using meguiars scratchX, and ideas for removing them?

sorry mate not saying you're advertising, i'm just saying we all want to make our cars look like that!

any advice for the DIYer that shops at repco/supercheap/autobarn on what products to buy and how to do a good job at home?

also, i have some stains on my rear windscreen (presumably from acid rain) that have not budged using meguiars scratchX, and ideas for removing them?

Warren ,

I would buy AutoGlym Products http://www.autoglym.co.uk/enGB/links.as you can find them at all Autobarn Stores .

You can try the Autoglym Glass Polish that should be able to remove those stains on your rear windscreen . http://www.sonax.com.au/index.php

If that doesn't work you can buy a product called Sonax Glass Polish ( Both excellent products ) !

I hope this helps !

Regards Mario :whistling:

Nissan Skyline GTR

What a car

I want one, that last pic looks great.

You have done a top job.

Did they let you take it for a spin??

My business partner Luke lives in Nagoya, he drove one to the port about 6 weeks ago he said that they are crazy. Reckons that you pull out to pass on the Motorway and you are doing 200kms like you would normally be at 100kms, fast!

Was being shipped to NZ,

Anyway Nice work

No Auto Glym polish will not remove those marks, Ive tried so damn hard.

repeating the process does not remove them, but repeating over a period of times seems to be lifting them (dont use the poilish if your window has stone chips :S wonder what from, it makes the [holes dry white] a pain in the ass to see in sunlight.)

Mario, come polish my car .. Sending u a pm!

Edited by DECIM8

Nissan Skyline GTR

What a car

I want one, that last pic looks great.

You have done a top job.

Did they let you take it for a spin??

My business partner Luke lives in Nagoya, he drove one to the port about 6 weeks ago he said that they are crazy. Reckons that you pull out to pass on the Motorway and you are doing 200kms like you would normally be at 100kms, fast!

Was being shipped to NZ,

Thanks .

Anyway Nice work

I used to use Autoglym and a polisher for doing boat hulls. Great stuff.

Your pics bring new meaning to the term "It'll buff right out!" :happy::bunny:

The problem for me was that when I had my GTR, it was a daily, so it was always getting filthy and I just couldnt bring myself to spend any extra time (apart from washing) on making it super shiny as the next day it would be filthy again. Is there a particular process to go through to make the effects of this kind of polishing longer lasting?

And welcome to the forums Mario! :D

Christian

i doupt there factory defects... more like no care factor for the short owner who had it in japan.

Gazza ,

It was a brand new car nobody had driven it ! It was at the docks in Japan for three months and another month when it arrived here in Port Melbourne .

And if you don't believe me about new cars being badly prepared check this out ! Aston Martin Vantage i polished last year for Trivette in Melbourne !

http://www.detailparadise.com.au/modules.p...opic&t=3003

Enjoy ! :)

I used to use Autoglym and a polisher for doing boat hulls. Great stuff.

Your pics bring new meaning to the term "It'll buff right out!" :):)

The problem for me was that when I had my GTR, it was a daily, so it was always getting filthy and I just couldnt bring myself to spend any extra time (apart from washing) on making it super shiny as the next day it would be filthy again. Is there a particular process to go through to make the effects of this kind of polishing longer lasting?

And welcome to the forums Mario! :)

Christian

Thanks Christian,

I am enjoying the forum and the positive response i got from this thread ! :D

Christian, depending on what colour your car is and where it's stored plays a big part how long a paint correction ( machine polishing ) and protection will last . One thing i forgot to mention preparation is a must . Having a paint surface which is scratched and with swirl marks and rough doesn't allow the product to bond :D That is why so many paint sealants don't work because the surface was not prepped properly !

Washing technique , Drying your car is also vital ,some people just let the water dry because they think that it won't do any damage, wrong !

This Lexus had this problem due to owners negligence ! Check this out !

http://www.detailparadise.com.au/modules.p...&highlight=

Also, a wax is very good to highlight those features like gloss ( 3D wet look )that's when you are in a showroom environment, but when it comes to everyday driving that's when things change . You have to deal with pollution, UV radiation , industrial fallout rail dust, and a wax will note cope with these extremes in climate changes . That's when a Polymer Sealant is more durable and protects better.

Through out the years car enthusiasts have preferred wax because of a warm look and not that sterile cold glass look which is typical of these products however , all that has changed today modern chemistry and high tech paint science has come up with a new breed of products which marry synthetic polymer sealants to natures waxes so you have the best of both worlds ! Gloss and Protection !

Hope all this helps

Please let me know if you want more advice don't hesitate to ask

Edited by PolishDoc

Ok so I don't really care about paint and keeping my car clean (it's a shitbox R32) but OMFG that is awesome. I saw the before pics and was like shit that looks a hell of a lot better than mine, then the after pics was like :):thumbsup:

Damn you do some good work, and that's coming from someone who normally wouldn't comment on such things ;)

Mario you turned that R35 into a motor-mirror. Your work is very good quality. Nissan paint is ridiculous. If i lean on my car it leaves an ass imprint.

I would gladly become your disciple, and you could teach me the ways of the wax. I will be diligent, and buff those swirls right out.

Peace to you, sensei :thumbsup:

Edited by R338OY

Gazza ,

This Aston came strait from the factory in this state ! When it arrived in Melbourne , the Service Manager of Aston Martin went to the docks to pick it up he then broke the lock to release the car from the container and drove it back to the dealership ! Now these cars come in an enclosed container so nobody sees them until the arrive until there final destination ( Port Melbourne ) .

So in other words strait from the AM factory .

So how on earth did it get to this state ?

http://www.detailparadise.com.au/modules.p...opic&t=3003

Enjoy ! :D

Edited by PolishDoc